How to get your video featured in-game

TK-421TK-421 Member
edited May 2016 in Video Vault
In the very near future we will begin to feature community created video in the player hub of The Walking Dead: No Man's Land. We think this is the best possible way to give something back to the people who take the time and effort to make YouTube videos about the game, and possibly the best way for budding video creators to build an audience of No Man's Land subscribers on their YouTube channels.

First and foremost, video content that will be featured should be informative and inspirational for players, and also of the highest quality. For that reason, and to make the process as clear as possible, below you will find a short guide to how to get your video noticed and featured.

Audio & Video

720p resolution (minimum)
High quality audio

Recently we have seen a number of videos that have been created using third party emulators and that display mouse pointers. The short version of the story is that we won't feature these videos for various reasons, and heavily favour video captured directly from a mobile device.

Video that is stretched to fit the screen reduces the quality significantly, so please use the natural aspect ratio of your device display. Here is a good example of a high quality video that we have previously featured: https://youtu.be/CKN4-lbVaIA

Additionally, we give priority to videos that feature a voiceover by the video creator.

No copyright material

It should be obvious that we won't be able to feature videos that contain audio or video that is under copyright. We allow practically anyone to record and upload videos captured from The Walking Dead: No Man's Land freely. We also allow monetization of that content through advertising. Restrictions on this policy are made sparingly and only in the case of serious infractions to our Content Policy (coming soon).

We also extend this privilege to any assets or materials provided by Next Games to content creators.

No swearing, rude or racist comments.

This should be obvious and doesn't require explanation.

Examples of great video content we want to feature:

So that this doesn't end up sounding like a set of rules, here's a few examples of content we think is great and would love to feature:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=uM3flbZVkes
https://youtube.com/watch?v=hRqODuv5OAs
https://youtube.com/watch?v=PP02nCMV02g

Please use this thread to ask questions or give comments / feedback about the above. And let our content creators know what kind of video content you would like to see!
zosonpainwalkerSlickRickMithrendir420

Comments

• zosonzoson Content Creator
    Thanks TK, this really helps!
  • painwalkerpainwalker Content Creator
    All my videos r 720HD minimum. I don't swear or am being racist and I don't use copyrighted music etc! :)
    Every change NG does is for the better. :)

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnu91DEXHRfzGIZP1MKLU6Q
  • OnlyhooperOnlyhooper Content Creator
    edited May 2016
  • I enquired in game player support re swearing and received the response that the game and youtube are r rated (swearing ok) but the forums are not r rated. If you were to post a video here and wanted it featured then it couldn't contain swearing as it would breach the rules here. Furthermore ng didn't want to censor the youtubers and wanted them to speak as they would usually do so their viewers would feel the paid reviews were their own and not scripted.
    Please note that the above is my paraphrasing of the response but i feel confident it conveys their intended message.
    Leader - The 75th Rangers

Next Games - Quality Freemium Butchers - Purveyors of Fine Fresh Nerf - We Take the Luck Away From Choice Cuts

Next Games - Great Leaders in Redefining Value in a Virtual World
  • I would totally love to make videos for this game. I just need to know what software to use but I could totally make great videos like those content creators we have now :)
    Need to find a guild? Click here
    Need some strategy? Click here
    Have a suggestion? Click here
    Having an issue? Click here
    Want to have some fun? Click here
    Looking for some pasta that's creepy? Click here
    Want to hear what I have to say about this game? Click here
    rgerkmanEliyahpainwalkerHolyme
  • Ok I found out how to create videos. I'll search some software to add music etc and hopefully one of the mods can message me how to get this rolling.

I'm going to create a YouTube account this weekend with the sole purpose of these videos. I have my own personal account but would prefer not to use that one.

I can create videos that are viewable (i.e. "Right side up")

I've made my wife slideshows of photos so I can add music with a generic program which I'll get this weekend.

Oh boy this is gonna be fun!!!
    MizTy
  • I just wish I knew how @Terminates makes her openings. Where you're walking down a corridor towards a sign presenting the weekends event.

Within 2 weeks I should have a better handle on what to use and where to go.

I'm gonna try and make a video this weekend of me just playing with some background music and see how that goes :)
    blynknzpainwalker
  • TerminatesTerminates Content Creator
    @Dlich I will watch all your videos :*

Need some visual stimulation?
    Click HERE to view my Youtube channel. Watch for quick updates and early announcements regarding our beloved TWD NML game.
    MizTyromeo
  • TerminatesTerminates Content Creator
    @blynknz Hmm...that's a great idea :#

Need some visual stimulation?
    Click HERE to view my Youtube channel. Watch for quick updates and early announcements regarding our beloved TWD NML game.
    rgerkmanMizTyromeo
  • is the content creator program still open for entry or has the forum given out all the content creator tags they are going to? I know I don't make a ton of videos but I never got a response from like 4 months ago.
  • GuersanGuersan Content Creator
    That is a great initiative and definitely shows you care for your community, i actually started my youtube channel when i got hooked on this game and I post weekly helping videos for season 7 strategies and a bunch of Radio opening videos, here's my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/guersan666
    ------------------------------
    Guersan's Gaming
    a youtube channel mainly about the Walking dead: No man's land game, discussions, tips/tutorials and radio burns.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/guersan666
    DvusNME
  • Johnny_BJohnny_B Content Creator
    I just started my channel with the insanely tricky Bogeys Mission. I record from multiple games of different survivor levels and add my own original animations. It's all Full HD and copyright free, continuous voiceover and cool music from No Copyright Sounds. Looking forward to making a level 13 mission vid from tomorrow - I hope its really tricky! I also have a surplus of recorded game footage and loads of ideas for new tutorials, with my own unique take on the game.

LucillesBoyfriendJaden
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Administrator
    Great video @Johnny_B, thanks for posting!
    Johnny_B
  • @Johnny_B Thanks for posting that video, just finished the last trial with the "Hunter down in the corner" tactic. Didn't even think of that for some reason
    Team Dwight
    Johnny_B
    Thanks for the encouragement Teeceezy and LucillesBoyfriend, can't wait to start work on the next one!
    Jaden
    edited March 18
    Well I am in the midst of a three day St Patrick's Day celebration and haven't completed this weeks video so to tide you over here is a sneak peak at a new feature for each episode - the ad break. Hope you all enjoy!

Well I didn't mange to finish last weeks episode on time so here instead is the episode 14 tutorial 100% guaranteed to work.

• DLichDLich Member
    DLich said:

is the content creator program still open for entry or has the forum given out all the content creator tags they are going to? I know I don't make a ton of videos but I never got a response from like 4 months ago.

@淡水地鼠 I've been trying to get that 'content creator' badge for over a year now!
    painwalker