Badge Check-In threads for Episode 9-16 are closing on Friday at 1PM UTC. Please go claim your badges if you haven't done so already.

Maggie and Harvest Red

First off...what does "Harvest Red" mean? Like "Bitch Nuts" and "Lucky Dumpster" I get. But I don't get "Harvest Red".

And what does it do? It seems obvious at first but maybe I'm thinking about it all wrong. At level 3, "30% more XP from kills". Seems straightforward, but I don't see any indication that they are awarded unless they are rolled into the totals. To figure that out, I need to know the baseline XP for certain level walkers and then run the numbers through my abacus.

For Glenn's "Lucky Dumpster", level 3 is "Gain Supplies for 40% of Experience from kills". These are shown while shooting up walkers and also appear as a Leader Trait Bonus for each mission recap.

So how does "Harvest Red" indicate the bonus?

Comments

• Maybe this thread will help you...
    I'm still hoping that any time soon the advantage of Maggie's lead trait will be shown like Glenn's.
    Kill'em all & JSS
    Member & founder of #nocarlclub
    jimmorrison369GebobsInspTurbines
  • JayZJayZ Member
    Maggie's bonus is rolled into the totals. You can see the original XP of a walker kill at a given level by playing a mission without Maggie (to see the original XP) and then replaying it with Maggie (to see the boosted XP).

Alternatively, it's also a really easy calculation. Let's say you get a 30% XP boost from using Maggie. x represents the original XP and y represents the Maggie-boosted XP.

(100% + 30%) * x = y
    1.3x = y
    x = y / 1.3

So, divide the experience you're getting by 1.3 to see what you would be getting without Maggie.

Yay, algebra.
  • JayZ said:

Maggie's bonus is rolled into the totals. You can see the original XP of a walker kill at a given level by playing a mission without Maggie (to see the original XP) and then replaying it with Maggie (to see the boosted XP).

Alternatively, it's also a really easy calculation. Let's say you get a 30% XP boost from using Maggie. x represents the original XP and y represents the Maggie-boosted XP.

(100% + 30%) * x = y
    1.3x = y
    x = y / 1.3

So, divide the experience you're getting by 1.3 to see what you would be getting without Maggie.

Yay, algebra.

Thanx a lot for that math lesson, @JayZ . ;)
    But to see it in numbers after the mission would still be great.

Are there any news about it, @Shteevie , @Teeceezy ?
    Kill'em all & JSS
    Member & founder of #nocarlclub
    Gebobs
  • JayZ said:

(100% + 30%) * x = y
    1.3x = y
    x = y / 1.3

Yay, algebra.

What no eigenvectors needed? I think I can handle that! ;-)
  • I agree with @gespuer on this one, but others on the team think that redundancy is the worse crime. I'm hoping that it's a simple enough change that we can include it in an update that doesn't have something so large as the Challenge Rework or Season 7 missions going on. Think of the list from 2.3, for example. We might be adjusting the schedule such that one of these "lots of small changes" updates is coming sooner than later.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    gespuerGebobs
  • GebobsGebobs Member
    edited January 12
    @Shteevie ... What redundancy?

And my first question...what does "harvest red" mean? I don't get it.
  • Some folks say that having two lines on the rewards screen [one for normal kills XP and one for Maggie] would be redundant. As I mentioned, I would prefer the clarity.

"Harvest Red" was named before I joined the team, but I think Maggie said it in Season 4, referring to the daily chore of killing the walkers along the fences. Rick was doing a lot of farming in the prison yard in those days. While he was harvesting cucumbers, she was "harvesting red".
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    TeeceezyGebobsSCBMAJaden