I wonder if Shane would still be alive now

Besides the whole Lori issue, Shane seemed to have figured out the "Zombie World" before Rick and others. The whole farm part of the show, Shane just adapted better than Rick. Rick was still trying to live a normal life at that time. If Rick was then how he is now, they would have seen eye to eye much more than before when Rick was still trying to be a good guy first and survive second.

Shane mostly died because he was acting like a soldier in a war and the rest weren't there yet in their head.

"It's not like it was before"
LiberterFester17T_12splaggMattOfEarth

Comments

• Fester17Fester17 Member
    edited February 13
    Agree 100%. Shane tried to explain this all to Rick, but he was never able to say it in a way that Rick could understand.
    Elder and recruiter for FearTheDead

Tommy78T_12
  • Shame. Shane would have been good to have around right about now.
    T_12
  • That's a really good point. I never thought about it before, but you're right.

Still, Shane definitely did some things that were despicable, most importantly what he did to Otis. Rick might have sacrificed himself rather than shooting the other guy.
    Cherokee_RoseT_12Fenixo
  • I disagree @TransmuteJun ... Otis was going down either way; he wouldn't live to tell anyone, so shooting him/feeding him to walkers is just as bad as letting him die on his own. If he hadn't, Carl would be dead right now, and it WAS Otis' fault he got shot, so...I'm with Shane on that one. If he sacrificed himself, they both would be dead, along with Carl. He made the right call IMO. Sometimes you gotta be a dick to survive the apocalypse.
    T_12LucillesBoyfriendFenixoMattOfEarth
  • People forget that Rick would probably be dead from the first scene if it wasn't for Shane. He put that bed near his hospital door which kept Rick alive.

No doubt Shane did some despicable things, but he was or would have been a true survivor had things been different.
    T_12MattOfEarth
  • Tommy78 said:

People forget that Rick would probably be dead from the first scene if it wasn't for Shane. He put that bed near his hospital door which kept Rick alive.

No doubt Shane did some despicable things, but he was or would have been a true survivor had things been different.

This is certainly true.

• I think that if shane was still alive, he would have turned more to the dark side. Not like Negan, but probably like the governor
    AudaciousCapybara69MattOfEarth
  • Interesting viewpoint, and I tend to agree with some instrinsic parts of it. But my critique would be that we cannot just downplay the Lori (and later Judith) factors, which would always be a point of contention & strife for Rick/Shane if they continued to coexist. Eventually some domestic squabble would lead to one of their demise, as the dynamics of their relationship had forever changed, even if Rick was more of a 'hardened survivor' like Shane back then
    AudaciousCapybara69ggbats
  • T_12T_12 Member
    @Movado but what if Lori (and of course Judith) died before Shane did, or before Rick got to know about Lori-Shane shit
    Archangels Den ---------- The Hells' Family
    Official Guild Page

• Thats why I believe he would be exiled from the group somehow, and they would re-encounter him later. And because of that, and losing Lori & Judith (comics), then he would turn to the dark side.
    AudaciousCapybara69
  • T_12T_12 Member
    @blynknz Or maybe he would become a good man, change his ways, realize his mistakes and stay in the group as Rick's wingman. Coz anyways there would be no distractions (Lori) for him.
    Official Guild Page

AudaciousCapybara69Anarchi
  • T_12, you're funny. You just keep dreaming :wink:
    T_12
  • T_12T_12 Member
    @AudaciousCapybara69 this thread itself is a major 'WHAT IF'. Thus I comprehended it that way! Lol
    Official Guild Page

AudaciousCapybara69Anarchi
  • splaggsplagg Member
    Tommy78 said:

Shane mostly died because he was acting like a soldier in a war and the rest weren't there yet in their head.

@Tommy78 you get a like for proper use of there and their on the internet. Thank you. Borderline awesome.

That being said, I couldn't stand Shane past the first episode. I think that if he would have stuck around his presence would have eventually resulted in a much more devastating showdown with Rick, potentially threatening the livelihood of the entire group and definitely preventing Rick from becoming the leader he had to become.
    AudaciousCapybara69T_12MattOfEarth
  • But if they were able to somehow coexist together, there's no denying that he was a great fighter and would have been an essential asset to the groups survival. He would have been great to have around during the fight with the saviors. Just imagine, if they still had Shane, Tyreese, and Abraham, how much stronger the group would be.
    Tommy78T_12Rezcall
  • Tommy78Tommy78 Member
    > @splagg said:
    > Shane mostly died because he was acting like a soldier in a war and the rest weren't there yet in their head.
    >
    >
    >
    > @Tommy78 you get a like for proper use of there and their on the internet. Thank you. Borderline awesome.
    >
    > That being said, I couldn't stand Shane past the first episode. I think that if he would have stuck around his presence would have eventually resulted in a much more devastating showdown with Rick, potentially threatening the livelihood of the entire group and definitely preventing Rick from becoming the leader he had to become.

Hehe. Proper word usage is a must. There's usually two reason why it's not commonplace: Kids on the Internet who are ignorant or adults on the Internet who who are ignorant. Apparently expressing yourself in a somewhat decent manner isn't a priority for some.

Anyway, some people really hated Shane while others didn't mind him at all. I was in the camp of not minding him. As far as anyone knew, Rick was dead. Shane was good enough for Lori when she had no one. Then all of a sudden when it was known that Rick was alive, Shane was basically told to go to hell. That's hard to come back from.
    WalkerWarriorAudaciousCapybara69
  • Shane had to die in order for Rick to become who he is. The Rick we love. Had Shane stuck around he would have been the family man while Shane would have been the man people looked to for answers or to do the necessary things for survival.
    T_12ekimhclew
  • T_12T_12 Member
    There were other things that changed Rick too, and this was just one of them @Hammsamitch
    Official Guild Page

ekimhclewAnarchi
  • T_12T_12 Member
    edited April 18
    If Shane would still be alive now LOL!
    Official Guild Page

• Well you need to remember rick was to him one moment in a normal everyday world, then wakes up to chaos, it's like jumping into ice water for him th sudden shock while Shane and everyone else had a moment to to prepare for the change
    Captainslayer
  • I think it was becoming the Daryl and Shane show so somebody had to go to pacify crybaby Rick... and it was obviously not gonna be Daryl.
    exploiting the loophole loophole
    CaptainslayerT_12