Wishlist on game improvements (2.8 and beyond)

2»

Comments

• David_H79David_H79 Moderator
    I don't like the idea of new survivor traits.
    Now nearly a year we invested in our survivors. And then there comes a new desirable trait.
    What do you do?
    Start from scratch?
    Retire your 8 and 9 star Pinkies?
    JadenCaptainslayerpaintbeastggbats
  • DoTakDoTak Member
    @Putchuco

Regarding number 34, pinky retirement

Shteevie's comment: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/211942/#Comment_211942

Putchuco
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member
    David_H79 said:

I don't like the idea of new survivor traits.

Now nearly a year we invested in our survivors. And then there comes a new desirable trait.

What do you do?

Start from scratch?

Retire your 8 and 9 star Pinkies?

I wouldn't want us to be afraid of new traits. Defensive Stance, Vigilance, Retaliate, Sure Shot were all added later and all added to the gameplay IMHO
    They could easily add new strategic options and get us off the simple upgrade, upgrade, upgrade rat race.

If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    apply to 'RickRollers Gym' or contact me on 'Line' Chat: Putchuco
    ekimhclewDavid_H79
  • David_H79David_H79 Moderator
    @Putchuco I'm not totally against new traits.
    But then I hope for other changes in the token economy.
    Or a way to change traits?
    David_H79 said:

@Putchuco I'm not totally against new traits.

But then I hope for other changes in the token economy.

Or a way to change traits?

Oh, I hear you. Imagine we could re-roll one trait on armor or weapon for an extra 5k TG!
    David_H79ekimhclewpaintbeast
    v2.6 is coming up, how many items will we get from our wish list? ;)
    WeekOne
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member
    I hope many @Putchuco :)

Direct Message: @WeekOne

Putchuco
  • blynknzblynknz Member
    100*

*binary number
    (Late) update on my wishlist with v2.6

@Shteevie, I see changes on the following items:

1) Fix Lvl21 survivor/gear stats
    Players have been deliberately delaying upgrades to lvl21 to start challenges at lvl14 and gain extra starz. This is obviously not in the best interest of the game and NG.
    -> Shteevie: 1. Coming very soon
    --> v2.5/2.6: I guess it's safe to say we are back at the 'normal' rate of 19% increase of stats between upgrades. My take on the sudden introduction of another council upgrade is it had to be done to re-balance the lvl20 teams not being upgraded as not to lose the much talked about 106*.
    If I may, the current is not perfect, but the gaps in terms of starz between updates of our survivors are much smaller. I would say we are going here in the right direction.

14) Ranged vs Melee
    I think we can all safely agree that ranged characters are still at an advantage, even with 2.5 . Scouts have been much improved, but Bruisers and especially Warriors are not primed for our A teams.
    --> v2.6: judging from how many more of my teammates are going into battle with melee teams, I would tend to say we are going in the right direction here too. Punisher trait for Bruiser was certainly a great invention. It's fun trying them out, even though there are some bugs to squash in how they work.

21) Add new survivor and gear traits
    -> Shteevie: Of course!
    --> v2.6: Some great new ideas with Revenge, Ruthless and Punish! This makes us all think, try out and possibly try out new combinations and new survivors, not just adding yet another pink star to our top survivors.

23) Fix display for two-step movement
    In various situations, the display wants to make us believe we are about to do a full movement, when in fact we are doing only a half-movement leaving room for overwatch
    -> Shteevie: 23. This was a bug that player feedback was very helpful in tracking down. I think that fix is in the next update already.
    --> v2.6: looks very good, and helps a lot during missions, THX!

Personally, my main point was the fix for damage on Charged Crit hits. It is SO much better now, THX!
  • DakaminDakamin Member
    I hope to see ( 11 ) soon. Being able to tag/lock items would be a wonderful feature.
  • Thanks for the kind review, @Putchuco!

I agree that the items you list are at least steps in the right direction. I am especially happy about the increase in use of melee teams and the fix to the charge attack damage calculations.

I think you'll see that the things we're working on now are addressing the root causes of some of the concerns on the rest of the list, even if we don't address them in exactly the way you might have previously imagined. One challenge we have as a live product is that we need to continually add things that will give us returns itn terms of app store position, marketing, and all that. So, we're looking for ways to add new things that also help with these kinds of concerns, while working in the bug fixes wherever possible.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    Putchuco
  • PofdPofd Member
    Retraining Survivors, Hero tokens should be for all hero's once you unlock heros. Will there ever be missions where more than 3 survivors are used? When you aquire new Survivors you should have the option of no weapons or armour if not selected for a mission. Walkers attacking camp it would be cool if you could see them all and get better rewards for shooting further from the camp than if they get to walls, maybe 3 zones, would also work when you give extra walkers for the week.
    Best thing I do like is that your events do not force you to marry the game and allow participating in real life. Would like to know what weapon is upgrading and it is too easy to accidentally upgrade unintentionally and cancel leven if immediately only gets half rss back should have 5 minutes. Thanks for reading.
    Putchuco
  • Adding this to the list here, and will update above.
    Shut_Up said:

So to summarize here are some freeman issues:

1) Freemen may be getting additional squares on movement

2) Freemen may be getting more than 2 AP per turn as they sometimes shoot at multiple targets

3) Freemen sometimes get overwatch even though a survivor or hero has not crossed into their line of sight on the previous turn.

4) Freemen may be stun resistant

5) Freemen avoid walkers directly next to them

6) Survivor movements are flawed thanks to AI cover when Freemen are present

7) Freemen still overpowered (example a level 22 Freemen warrior has 4700 health)

8) Freemen causing stuns on body shots. If we can't stun them on body shots why can they?

9) Revenge trait seems to work if a freeman takes damage from a walker.

@Fearofabotplanet or @Teeceezy thanks.

• TimberTimber Member
    edited September 4
    Possibility to swap and change equipment between other heroes/survivors, without undressing them.
    -> hero/surviror can take weapon or gear directly from other, even if it is equipped already by someone, also no exceptions to Outpost defenders.
    Putchuco
  • @Shteevie @Teeceezy @Fearofabotplanet

Updated wishlist with v2.7 in mind. No claim from my side on completeness or 'owning' all the ideas summarized here.

@all, pls feel free to add your wishes/ideas/comments below.
    WeekOne
  • Awesome work here @Putchuco - congrats and thanks! Also thank you @Shteevie for caring to answer and work along.

Was auto-positioning on barricades mentioned? Sometimes it locks us on the movement and ruins the strategy. A switch to toggle it off/on would be good.

My main concerns at the moment are basically these ones, in no particular order:

- Handicap for stars;
    - Leaderboards have no meaning (and this has big potential to engage players into spending more - good for you NG);
    - Heroes need a tweak - simply put they can't be weaker than regular characters;
    - Outpost system does not work and could take a big general overhaul;
    - Many bugs that do not get fixed and are being carried on update after update;
    - Radio drought and token economy. Radios are rarer each day and we have too many heroes that are practically impossible to upgrade. This leads to frustration.

Looking forward to better and better No Man's Land. I will be here until the end.
    KaLiWeekOne
2»