Best strategy for dealing with Freeman

After the last challenge upgrade the Freemen have been kicking my butt! Especially when they're the same level as my survivors after a few runs. The challenge Woodbury "Get the loot" Ive just played three times trying to get three stars and they got me even when I'm just starting on my first turn or even when I'm behind a wall...put all my people in the hospital.

Can any of you recommend a strategy for them in general or a idea for escaping their hits? They have been clearing my health in one or two hits!
T_12p_herian

Comments

• I'm probably not the best strategist, but here's my two cents

Try to get the freemen engaging with the walkers instead of targeting your team. It's not so simple as there's plenty of random luck involved as to starting placement and how each walker/freeman reacts.

I lost my first star at level 19 using my level 20 survivors. But since then, I've gotten 3 stars the next 2 or 3 runs, each at higher level. Like I said, much was good fortune. I've been using 2 hunters and a shooter with gold hi-power for max range. I also like a shooter because they can hit a freeman without killing any walkers in between. Sounds funny, but often useful.

At the beginning, try to ensure that at least 1 walker will be close to the nearest freemen when it's their turn. You may have to kill 1 or 2 walkers though. Sometimes, you can kill one of the two nearest freemen in the first turn, then a walker that might be close to you, will instead run over to feed on the corpse.

Once you get those first two out of the way, open the crates and/or just wait for the first spawn. The other 2 freemen should be busy dealing with them. Take care of any walkers near you, then move right and go for the distracted freemen. If the level of spawning walkers is a problem, you can try moving your survivors to where they will spawn, to reduce the number that appear.

It also would help to have survivors with bullet dodge, lucky & iron skin to resist those ranged attacks. Plus bulletproof trait on armor
    T_12
  • Use long range pistols, kill a Freeman next to walkers, then the others will kill the walkers, and just pick them off
    T_12
  • Similar to @DoTak - I've been letting them fight the walkers.

I'm not using a hero on that map at the moment, because my 2 hunters, and shooter have Bullet dodge. Shooter has gold high powered, which helps. Dodge\Bullet Dodge on shooter and Hunter Armour as well
    T_12
  • Bit of luck needed with the placements. I use hunter and 2 long range shooters.

Keep to original placement, pick off any easy Z's or freemen ... grab nearest box if it wont Wind up freemen.

Return to left edge before next wave. Let next wave move, come forward and pick off south side freeman (check shooter/hunter don't agro). Move to south edge to block z's popping there.

On next wave stay still and kill z's from west side (where you started) and carefully move to east ... freemen should have hands full. DO NOT get into agro range if they are not wrestling z's unless u are sure u can out range them and kill before their turn.

Grab last box and exit stage right ...

Looks like a lot to do but trick is blocking the next wave spot at the location you are holding. You do have to move with purpose as you want the z's eating as you pass/kill if possible and you don't want very high levels of z's popping.

Hope that makes sense

Zombieshot is currently full - pm me if you want me to let you know when we have a seat :)