And the winner of the help-me-pick-a-forum-avatar "contest" is...

Thanks to all who participated in helping me select my next forum avatar: @SCBMA @TheLostOnes @Teeceezy @jester @Jenng @SPC_TORRES @wrinkled_bag @zbot @Artisans @capibara @Movado @Pig @Walkerballz @splagg @1Ris @[anyone-else-I-missed]

Before actually revealing the winner, I wanted to share a few quick words.

First, your contributions gave me many LOLs over the past week. However, more significantly, they made me feel important because I was the center of attention. +1 to self esteem!

Second, I thought about many potential alternatives to the avatars you guys actually posted. I strongly considered making it this:

and not selecting a winner. But I decided that would be too mean, given the thoughtfulness that (some of? all of?) you guys put into this.

Another strong alternative was this photo mosaic, created from all of your submissions:

I will probably save that for a rainy day.

However, in the near future, I will rock the following avatar:

Just kidding... I have some more words to say before I reveal the big surprise.

Before revealing the winner, it's important for everyone to understand how I picked the winner. I evaluated each avatar based on the following dimensions:
1. How well it represented my posting style/personality
2. How well it translated into a small thumbnail on the message boards and a larger image when someone clicked on my profile
3. How hard I laughed at the avatar

There were several strong contenders that met most of these criteria. Honorable mentions include @zbot @splagg and @SCBMA

Runner up honors go to @1Ris with this gem:

However, at the end of the day, one avatar stood above the rest. Without further ado, the winner is @splagg with this entry:

I'll change my avatar in two days (aka my 1 year NML anniversary). DM me if you won or were the runner-up so we can decide what forum responses you want!

Squall_NMLJenngWalkerballzcapibara1RissplaggDoTakSPC_TORRESJadenJackBauerSCBMAGindywrinkled_bagjesterTheLostOnesGrimGaelPutchuco

Comments

• capibaracapibara Member
    edited March 14
    Awesome! :D
    No badge for contributors? :#
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    WalkerballzJadenTheLostOnes
  • JayZJayZ Member
    capibara said:

Awesome! :D
    No badge for contributors? :#

@Teeceezy is the badge man! Maybe he can make it happen :P
    WalkerballzJadenTheLostOnes
  • DoTakDoTak Member
    I gave you a LOL for the fuckunicorn but I wanted to give you a big awesome for that mosaic you created!
    WalkerballzJadenTheLostOnesSCBMA
  • splaggsplagg Member
    Aww yeah I got an honorable mention and the big W! Thanks @JayZ I'm glad I could help.

25 whole forum responses! I can't wait.
    JadenJayZTheLostOnesGrimGael
  • And it's there now. Congrats in the "photogenic" badge, @JayZ
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    capibaraJayZJadenggbats
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member
    Boss moves
    capibaraTheLostOnes