The Season 7 Finale was a disaster

That was one of the worst episodes I've ever seen.

1) Sasha wants to ride in a hot casket to Alexandria.

Yeah, that's good. Don't think anything of it. It's perfectly natural for a person to want to do something like that. She just wants to get some rest. No worries. That wasn't completely ridiculous.

2) Negan and his people have guns to Rick and all of his people's heads, yet Negan is still trying to bargain with them.

Okay. Nevermind the fact that Rick and his people just tried to blow you all up. It's fine. Let's have a nice silly conversation about it. If I'm Negan, my goal in life is to give these people a few more chances to kill me. It's fun.

3) The gun battles are so lame.

Obviously it's a TV show and it is fake, but on a quality level, it's horrendous. That was some of the worst I've ever seen. The gunplay was so bad I actually said out loud "oh my god".

4) Towards the end of the battle, you see some of Negan's peoples scale the Alexandria wall to escape.

Yeah, it's all good. It's only as high as a three-story building. Just climb up and jump over and break you ankles and legs. No worries.

I'm sorry, guys. I really expected better quality from the show and an actual resolution to the problem, not a fake horrible battles that resolved nothing and postponed things till next season. This was disgraceful.
General_QuatreT_12bigbeanorfg1982yoyosLightfeettwdead122

Comments

• Sasha riding in the casket made sense to me. She had a plan. It was her opportunity to take the pills that Eugene gave her so that she would turn on the way and Negan couldn't use her against her people. Plus it caused a distraction that turned things around for Alexandria and allowed time for The Kingdom and The Hilltop to show up.
    Khaleesi of The Khalasar
    twdead122
  • T_12T_12 Member
    Will Heath return for the war?
    Archangels Den ---------- The Hells' Family
    Official Guild Page

gladhart13
  • I guess that'll depend on Corey Hawkins. He has another TV show now and if it continues, the writers may need to write out Heath.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
  • T_12T_12 Member
    Season 7 finale was absolutely not a "disaster" @Tommy78 the way you see it, i think you've been hating the show for quite a long time.

@xxarea83xx Yeah I know about the Corey issue, but still, his vanishing away like was soo abrupt!! Don't you think?
    Official Guild Page

MattOfEarth
  • The gun battles have always been ridiculous. How do these people have so many weapons and almost never hit anybody? Especially with the number of weapons they had, and with the garbage people being inside the walls and partnered up with our weary nomad friends? They hit a few, but still...it wasn't the carnage you would expect with machine guns and rocket launchers and the cl9se proximity to the enemy.
    T_12
  • How do these people have so many weapons and almost never hit anybody?

You could ask the same of Stormtroopers... ;)
    JadenAudaciousCapybara69RezcallMattOfEarth
  • Tommy78Tommy78 Member
    I'll indirectly respond to some comments: I love the show. I always have and always will. I wouldn't waste my time talking about it if I didn't. That doesn't mean every episode is great or written and produced well.

Anyway, I found the finale to be horrible. That's okay. We're here to talk about it. Some may not like negative comments, and that's okay, too. My comments weren't from some guy just looking to bash the show for the hell of it. I'm a fan who simply didn't like what took place.
    T_12AudaciousCapybara69
  • T_12T_12 Member
    @Tommy78 I apologize if I was being too rude, I'm for all kinds of comments. No problem at all, I was just sharing my opinion too :)
    Official Guild Page

• What I thought was absolute BS, was that no one on Negans team noticed the tiger. Part of the reason I didn't like season 6 was that the entire crew felt immortal, Alexandria literally charged into a horde of walkers and not a single scratch, the amount of fakeouts the season had, season 7 opener brought these guys back to reality, the closer not a causality on ricks side and a fake out with michone death.... Oh if I were Negan I would have only opened the top half of that coffin, or had someone else open it.
    AudaciousCapybara69
  • JadenJaden Member
    Negan is an overconfident psychopath (at least that's what I would call him). He feels he is invincible. Everyone kneels, everyone is either seduced by what he offers or has been forced into submission.

Why should he suspect anything to be in the coffin other than a Sasha playing along with his game? Why with the actions of the Kingdom and the Hilltop should he suspect them turning against him?
    And who the heck would expect a tiger?

Negan had no reason to suspect anything. He felt he had the upper hand with his own forces and the Junkyard crew on his side. He also had Eugene on his side and believed that Sasha was his, too.

Also, remember how many people of Rick's crew/Alexandria have died in season 7:
    Abraham
    Glenn
    Sasha

Olivia
    Spencer

Maybe Heath - at least he is not there anymore and no one knows what happened to him.

Leader of Morbid Sinners, Elder in Morbid Spirits, Morbid Saints and Morbid Souls

We are currently recruiting.
    ekimhclewWalkerballzT_12
  • Heath won't be back
    Corey Hawkins is in Skull Island and Legacy 24 hours so probably too busy and I don't really remember his character being that good sorry guys
  • T_12T_12 Member
    Scott Gimple would be a fool to kill off Heath like that without even giving his viewers a small hint on what could have happened to him.
    Official Guild Page

ekimhclew
  • I think he's still alive. They never kill off anyone of even minor importance or significance without showing us his/her actual death
    T_12AudaciousCapybara69
  • rfg1982rfg1982 Member
    I agree entirely.

Will ad these here:

1. Negan going away and showing the finger with his arm out of the window while being literally covered by gunshots;
    2. Negan going to kill Carl after all the work on bringing him to Sanctuary and doing that little tour... Tell me something about bad writing.

TWD TV Show lost it after they insisted in keeping Gimple as showrunner. Look at S1 and S7 and not much explanation is needed.
    ekimhclewT_12Mabiki
  • T_12T_12 Member
    @rfg1982 As we don't have the authority to ask a director to step down, the best thing to do if you don't like the show, is to stop watching.
    Official Guild Page

ekimhclewAudaciousCapybara69bigbeano
  • MabikiMabiki Member
    @T_12
    You realize people can be critical because they like the show, right?

It doesn't have to be a binary choice of "love everything TWD" or "shut up and quit watching."
    rfg1982AudaciousCapybara69bigbeano
  • T_12T_12 Member
    edited April 27
    @Mabiki I never said "love everything TWD" or "shut up and quit watching". You obviously can't expect every thing to be perfect every time. Yes, you can be critical, but when you're not satisfied with the quality of a show for 5-6 seasons, would you really bother to watch the next?
    I've done this before with other shows too, when the direction and storyline started to suck.
    Yes, I agree TWD went a bit low on season 7 (first half), but saying Gimple sucks and you still want to watch makes no sense really!
    Official Guild Page

bigbeano
  • Well after rick tried to blow up Eugene I doubt he's going to be buddy buddy with him at any point soon. Or be soo trusting of any of the other former friends. Eugene may be a coward, but he's not stupid, as seen multiple times, and he was able to get the fence walkers reinforced. So it's obvious that he was a scientist of some type. As for Negan, he felt the most human.

As for the tiger with the amount of people Negan had there and being most of Alexandria or the dumpster people doesn't know about Ezekiels tiger, someone would have probably crapped their pants and been like holy hell their is a god damn tiger.
  • jbuoyjbuoy Member
    And to top it off, how did Shiva know who to attack? She (he? I don't remember) has never seen the hilltoppers, heapsters or alexandrians, but somehow knows to attack only the saviors? Having a tiger is kinda cool, but I think far fetched even for a make believe walker world.
  • MabikiMabiki Member
    edited April 28
    Posted this in the other finale thread, but since this one is active will place here as well. As far as who to attack, I just assume Shiva attacked people who appeared to be a threat to Ezekiel, the same way the family dog would, and leave the rest to TV magic.

As far as no Savior noticing the tiger approaching:

Tigers are known to stalk their prey, and they can reach speeds of 35-40 mph for short durations.

They are quiet, sneaky and fast.

I was going to post a video of a tiger attack, but some viewers may find such images disturbing, so I'll let you google it on your own if anyone cares to. Plenty of vids out there (including people getting mauled in a frickin Tiger Refuge, who didn't see it coming, despite being, you know, in a tiger refuge).

The point is, they're quick. Saviors would notice the people coming long before the tiger.

To my mind, the tiger attack made a lot more sense than the coffin schtick, let alone whatever footage is on a cutting room floor that would explain why Rick ever trusted the trash people. They stole supplies from Alexandria, kidnapped Gabriel and threatened the group; Rick says OK, you're friends now and we will give you lots of guns and invite you into our home because you talk funny and dress like Mad Max.

Of all my conplaints on season 7, the biggest (besides the whole thing being too drawn out) is the Alexandria alliance with the garbage pail kids was not developed well enough to make the betrayal meaningful.
    AudaciousCapybara69
  • Lots of disaster upon disaster... over confident Rick wasn't realistic in my opinion. It was clearly used to set up his failure so i wasn't surprised by anything that followed. He was too cocky I was actually looking forward to seeing him beaten down.

Every occupant of Alexandria is an idiot. The compound should be subdivided with fences or barriers so that if someone turns or walkers get in they cant invade the entire area. Instead of fortifying it they're baking cookies. That one scene where Negan rolls up to the gate they could have just wasted him by shooting through it. Guns would never be kept in one central shed, they would be scattered throughout the compound and mostly hidden or buried. At this point in time ammo would be scarce, so not many big gun battles. More likely it would be machete fights (which I've seen first hand). Oh ya and that scene where they decided to walk those moron kids through a group of walkers and the whole family was eaten, just plain nonsense.

That last episode of season 6 I guess it was Negans running around building roadblocks and secretly flanking just stupid and unrealistic.

Never thought I would say this but Fear the Walking Dead is a better show, and there's some extreme idiots in that group of survivors.

exploiting the loophole loophole
    ekimhclewCaptainslayer
  • Alexandria upto when rick and group got there hadn't seen much action so they in theory would still have plenty of bullets as for the guns in 1 place thats so kids and untrained idiots aren't carrying them around also alexandria is set up and walled so it has some form of resemblance of their old life to try and keep their humanity you may watch the show but you don't understand it at all
    Elder and recruiter for thelostslayers (top 25 global guild) and sister group tlsII
    Message me on here or find me on the line app captainlost

Currently looking for 2 members to join our guild

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    ekimhclewsicarius