Punish - I gave it a try

Just recorded my first attempt using the new trait "punish" (for bruiser) in a scavenge mission. Hope you like it.
I guess it could be very useful in maps with less space to move and strong opponents (e.g. challenge map archive).
What do you think?

Kill'em all & JustSurviveSomehow
Member & founder of #nocarlclub
Playin' since 15.01.2016
T_12

Comments

• gespuergespuer Member
    So you better not use such a bruiser to open gates! That's a brilliant tip, thanx @psychwolf
    Playin' since 15.01.2016
  • It's a bug but who knows when/If it'll be fixed
    T_12
  • gespuergespuer Member
    Or it is a visual "special effect" which is an alternative truth of this game?
    Playin' since 15.01.2016
    psychwolfT_12
  • sbfsbf Member
    edited June 27
    @gespuer Does punish activate after you leave your bruiser in overwatch?
    Proud member of The Lost Slayers.
  • tabernactabernac Member
    @sbf I can confirm that I've seen an example of the Bruiser Attack, Retaliate, Punish combination. If @gespuer can provide video of it, that would be great.
    sbfbigbeano
  • gespuergespuer Member
    @sbf
    overwatch works together with punish as you can see in this video.
    Unfortunately I could not bring my bruiser into a situation to test the tripple action (overwatch, retailiate and punish). But I'm very sure it works in tripple combination (overwatch, retaliate and punish) as well.

Playin' since 15.01.2016
    sbfl2wannabeT_12
  • Hey @gespuer, totally off topic here...could I steal your meme(?) and use it also? Not as my profile pic but where you have it?! I'm talking about your cartoon...we need a fair refund for token! Give us 50% for retirement.
    gespuer
  • Wouldn't that be great if a lot of people started using it. Maybe would help the cause?
    gespuer
  • gespuergespuer Member
    @12wannabe please take it from here
    Playin' since 15.01.2016
  • @gespuer

i don't think you can overwatch and retaliate on the same turn, so i don't believe a 'triple combo' of overwatch, retaliate and punish will work
    sbf
  • gespuergespuer Member

@gespuer

i don't think you can overwatch and retaliate on the same turn, so i don't believe a 'triple combo' of overwatch, retaliate and punish will work

Why not?
    Maybe @Teeceezy can help here?
    Playin' since 15.01.2016
  • sbfsbf Member
    @gespuer Probably for the same reason that retaliate doesn't trigger when you're in overwatch. But the attack, retaliate, punish does give you up to 3 attacks per turn. Imagine having Michonne's leader trait activate and you can have up to 4 attacks in a turn... would be nice.
    Proud member of The Lost Slayers.
  • maybe there is a hidden condition behind retaliate trait, so this only kicks in after using all action points (a survivor with this trait) on your move

i just went on a scavenge mission with a bruiser, scout and warrior, all with retaliate
    retaliate never triggered when one of them was in overwatch, but it triggered every time after using both action points

an explanation would be helpful though
  • gespuergespuer Member
    edited June 28
    Don't have a video for the tripple combo, but I think I just saw my Brent do three hits to a 27 walker.
    I'll try to record it soon.

EDIT: @sbf "punish" is only available on bruiser. So unfortunately we'll not see Michonne do 4 hits in one turn.
    Playin' since 15.01.2016
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Administrator
    psychwolf said:

If you have this trait while trying to open a gate, you will be interrupted and it will end your turn.

Interesting. Thanks for the info @psychwolf.
    red182
  • gespuergespuer Member
    @Teeceezy would you be so kind to "have an eye on this"? Can't waste my gold on trying to investigate this issue. Is it possible for a bruiser to hit three times in a row (overwatch, retaliate and punish)?
    Playin' since 15.01.2016
    @gespuer No, because Overwatch doesn't happen on the same turn as Retaliate. You can have Overwatch + Punish OR Retaliate + Punish though.
  • gespuergespuer Member
    Thanx tcz. I'll have an eye on this issue and try to capture it in a record. Maybe I can (and I'd like to) prove you're wrong, since I (think I) saw my bruiser did a triple hit.
    Playin' since 15.01.2016
    gespuer said:

Thanx tcz. I'll have an eye on this issue and try to capture it in a record. Maybe I can (and I'd like to) prove you're wrong, since I (think I) saw my bruiser did a triple hit.

Thanks man, that'd be very interesting to see!
  • gespuergespuer Member
    edited June 28
    I still believe that three hits in a row on the same turn are possible.
    Just think it over theoretically: you start the turn with your bruiser in ow where he does his first hit but not kills the walker. Then the walker hits the bruiser who does his retailiate. Afterwards (at the end of this turn) the bruiser uses his punish hit.

EDIT: I'm just curious on this issue since it could be the key to collect 3 stars in maps like archives at higher rsl.
    Playin' since 15.01.2016
  • tabernactabernac Member
    @gespuer - Hope you're able to put that string together. It would be the only time I've seen Retaliate work in Overwatch, and would be a significant combo.

I only have the Punish trait on a Meat Wall style Bruiser (no Retaliate) so I'm not able to help out in the testing.

Based on what I've seen from a guildmates Punish testing (with Retaliate), the Triple Tap of (Normal Attack, Retaliate Attack, followed by Punish Attack) absolutely works.

I remember paying particular attention to the testing that he was doing with Overwatch. I just wanted to see if the trait would trigger at all after an Overwatch Attack (which it does). If it had triggered an Overwatch Attack + Retaliate Attack + Punish Attack I would have yelled "Holy ****!" and jumped up and knocked my drink over.

Good luck with the testing!
    gespuer
  • gespuergespuer Member
    I'm still testing with a lot of hospital appearance.
    Once I come to a final result I'll post it here.
    Playin' since 15.01.2016
    T_12tabernac
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member
    edited June 29
    Don't waste your gold @gespuer , retaliate will not work when your survivor is in overwatch. Nice videos by the way!

More importantly, if you got it to work, it will be corrected immediately ;)
    gespuer
  • gespuergespuer Member
    Steeboon said:

...Nice videos by the way!

More importantly, if you got it to work, it will be corrected immediately ;)

Thanx, @Steeboon .
    And I guess you're right. NerfGames will nerf, because Nerf is all what NerfGames is about.
    Playin' since 15.01.2016
  • bitercakesbitercakes Member
    edited July 17
    Iove this trait! I wish that NG would give this trait to Negan. If anyone should have Punish, it should be Negan! But this trait, Punish, is a must have for your survivors and Revenge is also a bad ass trait. Both are awesome traits. I hope they will add the new traits to Hero to even out not being able to use a Hero’s 5th trait while they are in a team and not the leader. Survivors have six traits as a teammate with a hero leading a team of heroes only have four (NG seriously needs to address this issue). Does it sound much like a hero with only for traits. But I would definitely love to see Negan in with the Punish trait.
    gespuer