Why are there not any Crossbows in this game?

Seems like the only crossbow you can get is the one at lvl 5. Any other time you have to purchase one. There is any other weapons availible as “drops” or “in crates”. Where is the Crossbow? Why does a Crossbow have to be purchased when any other gun or weapon doesn’t?
rustynailenzou

Comments

• DreadzDreadz Member
    This has been asked a few times and normally re-ignites the issue of why you'd need to silence said crossbow!?
    rustynailekimhclew
  • gespuergespuer Member
    I don't have a crossbow. But does it come with the opportunity of the trait "large caliber"? If not, I don't care.
    Kill'em all & JustSurviveSomehow
    Member & founder of #nocarlclub
    Playin' since 15.01.2016
    Dreadzrustynail
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member
    Some of the crossbows have large caliber as a trait @gespuer.

If you want your bruiser or scout to hit multiple targets with one hit you have to usually buy those weapons too. They have made one green scout pitchfork and one blue wide margin bruiser weapon available and these are few and far between. As long as they cal sell us these weapons they will. Seems a little greedy.
    gespuerpaintbeastrustynail
  • bitercakesbitercakes Member
    edited July 15
    I just don’t see why crossbows are not in the game unless you buy one for 22$. All other weapons are in the game. Knives, bats, hammers, 9mm 50mm, several snipers, several machine guns, katanas, machetes, kitchen knives, meat cleavers, crowbars, BUT WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY 22$ for a bow!?????? I mean, this game started centered around Daryl, where is his weapon of choice? Every other Hero has their weapon of choice in the game other then Morgan and you have to buy a Staff also. We don’t care if they are rare common uncommon, I’ll take anything but having to pay 22$ for one. Sometimes I think NG is just rediculous with this stuff. Yeah I get the branded “Daryl’s Crossbow” but how about some regular Crossbows or regular Bows!
    gespuerpaintbeastAvengersZette
  • They should at least let u find compound bows...I mean u can even make a bow, watch "first blood" lol...you'd think there would at least be more bows in general
    Join the "Grateful Dead" Guild. Just give us a search and bring a song quote to join.
  • I just don’t see why crossbows are not in the game unless you buy one for 22$. All other weapons are in the game. Knives, bats, hammers, 9mm 50mm, several snipers, several machine guns, katanas, machetes, kitchen knives, meat cleavers, crowbars, BUT WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY 22$ for a bow!?????? I mean, this game started centered around Daryl, where is his weapon of choice? Every other Hero has their weapon of choice in the game other then Morgan and you have to buy a Staff also. We don’t care if they are rare common uncommon, I’ll take anything but having to pay 22$ for one. Sometimes I think NG is just rediculous with this stuff. Yeah I get the branded “Daryl’s Crossbow” but how about some regular Crossbows or regular Bows!

The worst was when they were selling "daryls crossbow" (before they gave it better traits) AND "daryls stolen crossbow" for Dwight, ONLY A diff color with the SAME shitty traits lmao..and both needed to be purchased, now that one cracked me up. Kind of like how the Alexandria rifle has the SAME traits as the prison rifle or otis's farm rife (not the original version). All needing to be purchased
    Join the "Grateful Dead" Guild. Just give us a search and bring a song quote to join.
  • afroponixafroponix Member
    edited July 15
    Here's a list of weapons you can only get thru purchase I made in march before the past upgrades:

(I.e., governors assault rifle, ricks assault, savior assault, sasha's silenced assault, assault uzi, gold Molotov, daryls diamond knife, carols blade, savior axe, pitchfork, kingdom spear, no parking! Sword, kingdom double-axe, martensite katana, michonnes katana, the kings scepter, Janai katana,, Jesus's lockpick, heaths swift crowbar, morgans staff [2 diff featured kinds], pine vista 9 iron, lucille, bloody lucille, Sasha's rifle, otis's deer rifle [2 diff featured kinds], daryls crossbow, daryls stolen crossbow [ridiculous because same exact features], dales lookout rifle, terminus rifle, trusty farm hand, cell lock defender, savior handgun, rick's revolver, import .57, see no evil, hear no evil, Carl's silenced gun, now the silenced uzi too....and a partridge in a pear tree)

There's about 20 new ones since march like incendiary prison rifle, the scythe, Beth's scissors, abrahams assault, police assault rifle, Gabriel's machete, eugenes blunt machete, more I can't remember...

And michonne piercing katana seems to have been scrapped because they can't get it to work right because the newest michonne katana wasn't offered with it, @Teeceezy will this be available again? I'd also love to see the double sided axe again too
    GrimGael
  • I could understand paying the 15-22$ for special weapons IF you get to continue using them, but they are only good for 3 levels and you can’t use them anymore and THEY WANT YOU TO REPURCHASE THEM!

They are off their rocker with this game. They could at least offer these weapons in a “rare” crates after missions or be able to use trade goods to increase the level of the weapon, or reset it to your new level. Making, asking us to PURCHASE IT AGAIN is just ridiculous and extremely greedy of the developers.

Yeah I've been on that mission statement since joining this msg board after playing for a very long time. Even made suggestions to sell a token for 5$ that upgrades the level of the weapon so you don't have to repurchase the new leveled weapon that is usually exactly the same, plus your not getting the extras in the package when buying the new leveled out so NG's loss wouldn't be too much in all

I've even suggested a blacksmith building for bases in future updates to help fix this problem and upgrade obsolete leveled weapons that are purchased or not purchased so you have to spend tomatoes on the building and spend a 5$ coin to upgrade the weapon in the blacksmith shop but this was all poo-poo'd as well
    bitercakes
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member
    Purchased weapons should be able to be upgraded!!!!!

I have been very happy with this crossbow, but it will be obsolete soon

Make it rain tokens
    DLHbitercakesBBRi
  • afroponix said:

I could understand paying the 15-22$ for special weapons IF you get to continue using them, but they are only good for 3 levels and you can’t use them anymore and THEY WANT YOU TO REPURCHASE THEM!

They are off their rocker with this game. They could at least offer these weapons in a “rare” crates after missions or be able to use trade goods to increase the level of the weapon, or reset it to your new level. Making, asking us to PURCHASE IT AGAIN is just ridiculous and extremely greedy of the developers.

Yeah I've been on that mission statement since joining this msg board after playing for a very long time. Even made suggestions to sell a token for 5$ that upgrades the level of the weapon so you don't have to repurchase the new leveled weapon that is usually exactly the same, plus your not getting the extras in the package when buying the new leveled out so NG's loss wouldn't be too much in all

I've even suggested a blacksmith building for bases in future updates to help fix this problem and upgrade obsolete leveled weapons that are purchased or not purchased so you have to spend tomatoes on the building and spend a 5$ coin to upgrade the weapon in the blacksmith shop but this was all poo-poo'd as well
    I love this idea! A blacksmith to re-level the weapon would be great! Most importantly, I WOULDNT FEEL LIKE IM GETTING RIPPED OFF ANYMORE. The money that I and others have spent on weapons is gone. Normally with in game purchases, it benefits you some how in the game, but with these weapons, the benefits are gone in 3 levels are are trash afterwards. They are definitely NOT WORTH any money. I would recommend NG start selling them for 1$ because that’s what they are worth!
    BBRi
  • A good secondary function of a blacksmith shop- increasing the rarity of weapons (with xp! NO gear token system!).
    AvengersMonsutabitercakes
  • I'm very glad this idea is getting more traction than when I first suggested it 2 upgrades ago!

HOPEfully NG will realize the popularity of an idea like this, they would still make bank, and I'm just ever trying to start speech that will give them good innovative ideas OR let them know how their players feel
    bitercakes