Less walkers spawning than indicated by threat counter

I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member
edited August 2 in Bug Reports
Always 3 walkers less than indicated.

Also on Suburbia its always 2 less walkers than indicated by thread counter.

https://streamable.com/iaqff

Best Answer

Answers

• gespuergespuer Member
    It always has been never more than 6 walker at two respawn spots on this map (unfortunately).
    Kill'em all & JustSurviveSomehow
    Member & founder of #nocarlclub
    Playin' since 15.01.2016

MattOfEarthromeoAvengers
  • Either way it is definitely a bug

If what you mean is that us supposed to be like that, and they'll say is"working as intended", then the threat indicator is showing incorrect information.

Sometimes when things have always been how they are, its because it hasnt been reported as an issue.
    Shut_Up
  • Some maps have a hard limit no matter how high the threat counter gets. SWAT has a limit of 6 spawn walkers. So, it's safe to blast away once you hit 6.
    vshield50TJSAvengers
  • Yet the threat counter is going to full (9).

So if there is an official resource that states the devs's intention concerning spawning of walkers on each map, and it reflects what I show in the video, and the threat counter serves no purpose, then the replies so far are OK.

I regularly over-farm for XP and this is the first time I've seen this anomoly since I noticed out how the spawning works (its true, I really didn't know it's possible to manipulate how many walkers spawn until recently).

Of course, I don't want the challenge reset. It is just something the devs need to look at, because it's not consistent with the rest of the game.

AvengersShut_Up
  • DLichDLich Member
    DLich said:

This will be very helpful to players in the community who reach high RSL levels in the challenge where it takes multiple hits to kill walkers (especially swat) that regardless of the number seen below there will only be 6 walkers to spawn.

Now let's see how long it takes to fix :wink: :trollface:

Need to find a guild? Click here
    Need some strategy? Click here
    Have a suggestion? Click here
    Having an issue? Click here
    Want to have some fun? Click here
    Looking for some pasta that's creepy? Click here
    Want to hear what I have to say about this game? Click here
    romeo
  • DLich said:

I hate that this thread exists in the sense that anything that works to a players advantage I want to keep between the players

Cant say I agree with you. This doesn't work to a player's advantage or disadvantage, unless they intend exploiting the lower spawn rate to get a better score than they otherwise would.

High level players shouldn't be relying on bugs that make it easier anyway because they should be skillfil enough to work out how to get as far as they can in the game fairly. If its supposed to be 9 spawned, then 9 should spawn. If its supposed to be maximum of 6, then that is what should be displayed.

The farming aspect is irrelevant here. That was mentioned to explain how I noticed that this is very different to normal.

Shut_Up
  • On a side note, there is a bug in SWAT. If all your survivors are standing on the exit and your last attack kills the remaining swat guys, the the walkers get another turn to advance on you (instead of the round just ending).
    I_Am_PsychoGovernatorbigbeano
  • I noticed that too on previous challenges tha mission is played so try to avoid that happening. I wasnt active on the forum then though. I'd report that as a separate issue now except it might be advantageous to the players in some way so @DLich might want it kept secret ... shhhhhhhhh
    DLichvshield50bigbeano
  • JadenJaden Member
    See it as a visual bug...

And the round thing is also a visual bug, at least in my experience... the attack but you won't get hurt/lose stars because the map was actually finished (unless that has been changed).
    Leader of Morbid Sinners, Elder in Morbid Spirits, Morbid Saints and Morbid Souls

We are currently recruiting.
  • In the case of a potent visual/display output bug, then in the code relevant to that , the variable for how many times to loop is being miscalculated in the method/function call.

But WE do not know that. So I hope staff clarify soon, and then they sort it out for next time they use these missions.

I'm only requesting consistency here.
  • > @Jaden said:
    > See it as a visual bug...
    >
    > And the round thing is also a visual bug, at least in my experience... the attack but you won't get hurt/lose stars because the map was actually finished (unless that has been changed).

They must have A LOT of visual bugs becauses I read A LOT of great suggestions on the forum to improve the game and have not seen many implemented. They may be implemented and perhaps it is a visual thing...
  • Perhaps ... or it might be incorrect number of walkers spawning ;)

I guess we will be told definitively at some stage.
  • DLichDLich Member
    You wanna talk visual bugs? Tell me why when I attack a defender in outpost it says "sure shot" sometimes or why when I'm attacked by a walker in outposts it says "swift strike"... There's just some things that can't be explained or fixed. It is what it is I guess.
    vshield50JadenSCBMAbigbeano
  • DLich said:

. There's just some things that can't be explained or fixed. It is what it is I guess.

I see nobody saying it can't be fixed :trollface:
    DLichbigbeano
  • DLichDLich Member
    edited August 2
    Nothing to see here...
    vshield50bigbeanogespuer
  • The question has ben asked and I'm sure @Teeceezy will let us know what is true here.

There is a bug regardless. Its just whether it suits @DLich to highlight it. I see no reason to be obedient to @DLich hahahahahaha

Its a game data issue so of all the people in the forum to be dismissive of it, that is the last one I'd suspect ... ROFL

vshield50DLichbigbeano
  • Lol, NG always has people lining up to do their job for them. I'm quite content to watch you with your youthful enthusiasm, have at it. I'll be sipping this here whiskey and ginger ale.
    Jadenvshield50bigbeano
  • DLichDLich Member
    @I_Am_Psycho although I do understand your plight regarding wanting to farm this map I can not agree to flag down a mod for a fix. There are seldom things that happen within this game that work to the players advantage and if such things are discovered by players I am a firm believer in "Don't ask don't tell".

I have no part in writing the code for this game. I have been playing video games for over 20 years. I enjoy sharing strategies and such but the last time I shared a strategy that was shared with me it worked against the players. Please see this thread from over a year ago as reference.

Although I do understand your frustration regarding being unable to farm the mission since it said 9 walkers would spawn but only 6 did, I consider this a bug in the players favor.

If I'm beta testing a new type of game play and am asked by the devs to try and "break the game" that's one thing. But if it comes to discovering a strategy that benefits the player in a game play already in the game that's something different.

I want to think I'm not a beta tester for the actual live version of the game, and in doing so any flaws in the players advantage I keep my mouth shut.

That's me anyway :)
    Jadenvshield50Avengers
  • Next to the cross in my room I have a picture of @dlich so I have to agree with him.

Good catch though @I_Am_Psycho . I am supportive of different viewpoints as long as they are my ideas ;) lol
    DLichGrimGael
  • DLichDLich Member
    Regardless of my opinions of shared "strategies" I was unaware of this issue but the quick response by some of the members of the forum lead me to believe many already knew this existed for quite sometime (which lead me to believe many others might follow my strategy of "don't ask don't tell")

But since you did ask about this it is worth noting.

I want to be clear that I have no issue with others relaying information on this forum that I personally feel benefit the player. I myself wouldn't post it I'd ask other players if they've seen such a thing on the low though.

I am trying to spin this as a positive thing and if the devs "fix" it so be it. But for the time being players would benefit from knowing that 9 walker faces on the bottom doesn't mean 9 will spawn.

I will say your ability to create a video of the issue is great. Many players speak of an issue but are unable to show videos. Video's do help understand others of the issue.

And in the words of Evelyn Beatrice Hall - "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
  • DLichDLich Member
    edited August 2
    vshield50 said:

Next to the cross in my room I have a picture of @dlich so I have to agree with him.

This part get's an LOL
    vshield50 said:

Good catch though @I_Am_Psycho .

This part get's an agree
    vshield50 said:

NI am supportive of different viewpoints as long as they are my ideas ;) lol

This part get's an LOL

FINAL SCORE - AWESOME

• DoTakDoTak Member
    This happens on a lot of maps, both challenge and scavenge too. And I believe it has for as long as I can remember. I think there's even a map that spawns 10 instead of the max 9 shown. It's not random either, it depends on the map.
  • DLich said:

I want to be clear that I have no issue with others relaying information on this forum that I personally feel benefit the player. I myself wouldn't post it I'd ask other players if they've seen such a thing on the low though.

I have no issue with a forum user encouraging potential bug exploitation and non reporting of any potential bugs that might benefit the player. That user obviously is free to use the forum to encourage other users to discuss such issues "on the low", which is presumably just a chatroom for the clique who dont defy you :p

Its not my role to judge your honesty :)

Oh oh oh ... I feel tremendius peer pressure to not publicly share anything that upsets the wrong person :D
    DLichGrimGaelPig
  • DLichDLich Member
    edited August 2
    @I_Am_Psycho you're ok in my book. I hope I didn't come across rude to you as that's never my intention. I can only speak on behalf of myself. I have no following. Many may share my views but I honestly viewed your original post as a cause for concern which is completely logical to post here. This is the forum for the game after all. This is where someone would come with an issue.
    Pig
  • FragzieFragzie Content Creator
    Exploits turn up, Next Games even made one of them a free for all.

Lots of players have in the past and I dare say in the future will use them.

It's a game and some players are clever enough to find strategies and loops that the developers didn't forsee.

The game is constantly in a Beta test.