Less walkers spawning than indicated by threat counter

2»

Answers

• God just leave it alone! It's not a big deal! Plenty of things going against players, you can't let the players rely on 1 part of the game that's to their benefit?!?
    Some maps spawn randomly, others spawn from piles, others still spawn when your turn is over and they get to attack you immediately...so what if the counter is incorrect? By paying a bit of attention you can notice that 6 zombies spawn in specific places and you can farm the hell out of it. That's the way this map works. Why you gotta try and change it?
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: TheDen.nml@gmail.com or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    I_Am_PsychoShut_Up
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member
    edited September 2
    I reported a VALID game issue.

@DLich made comments that really needed to be responded to.

When NG staff have acknowledged the issue, I will leave it alone. But when other users pretty much order me to ask others on the low before telling NG, I won't leave it alone.

What sort of playground is this?

@Avengers - Why not request that a bug is looked into and eventually fixed. And it DOES matter to me. If something matters to you in the future, but not to me, should I tell you to God, just leave it alone?
    MabikiShut_Up
  • JadenJaden Member
    Just don't complain if the increased spawns - if they do it - kill you sooner and you can't get as many stars as you used to on that challenge and therefore trade off some XP that you could farm on another map for challenge rewards.

Leader of Morbid Sinners, Elder in Morbid Spirits, Morbid Saints and Morbid Souls

We are currently recruiting.
    I_Am_Psycho
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member
    edited August 3
    I'm OK with it as long as they decide whats intended and fix it so it's consistent. I won't be complaining ;)

My guess is that a variable isn't initialized, and is therefore assigned the default value, which is 0. So instead of counting up from 3, it counts from 0. But I have an open mind, it could just as easily turn out to be as you suggested.

Its not about a desire to farm btw, I stated that as I often do (but not always), I come to observe the operation of the threat counter. I'll always maximise growth with the circumstances I face in any game.
  • JadenJaden Member
    If they want to keep only 6 spawns - which I guess they will - they could, of course, change the threat counter to only show up to 6 and then stop.

But if you were at 9 and would use threat reduction, there would still be 6 spawns, right? But if there were only 6, using threat reduction would actually reduce the threat. I don't think they would do that...

I am fine with maps that have an upper limit for spawns.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners, Elder in Morbid Spirits, Morbid Saints and Morbid Souls

We are currently recruiting.
    I_Am_Psycho
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member
    > @I_Am_Psycho said:

> High level players shouldn't be relying on bugs that make it easier anyway because they should be skillfil enough to work out how to get as far as they can in the game fairly. If its supposed to be 9 spawned, then 9 should spawn. If its supposed to be maximum of 6, then that is what should be displayed.
    >
    >
    There is no reason whatsoever for you to start accusing players of using an exploit unless you have verifiable proof. It may be against the rules too.

It's also short sided to think that this contributes to advanced players getting high star counts. Exactly how does one use the flawed spawn counter to get more stars.

This is crazy because all one has to do is imagine the spawn counter is giving you a maximum number of possible walkers and that number may be lower because of several factors such as blocked spawn points by either humans or walkers.
    I_Am_Psycho
  • @Shut_Up - I didn't accuse players of bug exploitation at any time and you may well have unintentionally not realised the context of the conversation, at that time of the posts. A respected forum user mentioned the possibility that it benefits certain players and we had a discussion and moved on.

But in answer to your question, if the correct number of walkers spawn is greater than occurs, then it becomes a bit harder and therefore stars could be lost as a consequence.

This is simply a bug report thread.

The threat counter is not an imaginary thing it notifies how many walkers are supposed to spwan, not the maximum.

If the maximum that can appear is 9, then I would imagine there'd be instances of 7,8 or 9 walkers spawning, yet it is 6. @Dlich might like to elaborate on this theorem if I haven't explained it well enough.

===============
    On the subject of potential breaking the rules (which I've not done here), as a regular forum user you will be more familiar with the rules than me.

I also advise you to read rule #1

So, what is toxic behaviour?
    Directly insulting other users or their views
    Intentionally derailing a discussion with off-topic or negative comments
    Repeatedly behaving like a jerk
    ===============

Lets keep this on topic please as it is a valid bug report.
    Shut_UpGrimGael
  • DLichDLich Member
    From my understanding the threat counter on the bottom indicates the number of walkers that will spawn once the counter reaches 0. 9 should spawn. I don't count the numbers of walkers that actually spawn ever anywhere I just know that if I go into a mission with ranged weapons that the threat counter is going to increase. The max number is currently 9. Once the threat counter hits 9 and ranged weapons are used and "attract walkers" it matters not; the max number that will appear will only ever be 9.

I was not aware that any such maps although saying 9 would only spawn 6. Also I was not aware on this same map that if you have 3 survivors on the end location prior to killing all the walkers it turns green but doesn't complete the mission. Please see screen shot below.

There seems to be some quirks to this map. Suppose all 3 of my survivors are on that space at the bottom prior to killing the final armored and with the final survivor of my turn I kill the last one. The space goes green but since my survivors were on the space prior to all the armored dying it's not notated until my next turn. Meanwhile walkers they could have been closing in get an additional turn, they hit and bruise me and cost me to lose a star.

I have seen this error (the one I just described) on the forum in the past and it has not been corrected either.
    Need to find a guild? Click here
    Need some strategy? Click here
    Have a suggestion? Click here
    Having an issue? Click here
    Want to have some fun? Click here
    Looking for some pasta that's creepy? Click here
    Want to hear what I have to say about this game? Click here
    I_Am_Psychobigbeano
  • They may hit and bruise you or even go into struggle with you but it will give you the full stars if you were unharmed before the final turn of the walkers that come at you while on the exit pad
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be! We bring the fun back!
    Challenge Strategy and Videos! Other fun chats and support also available!

Everyone is Welcome! We have guilds for the super competitive players as well as relaxed and lower level players.

Email us to make our home your home: TheDen.nml@gmail.com or join one of our guilds. They rank in the following: Grimes Den, Dixons Den, Shivas Den, and finally Maggies den which is our training guild.
    I_Am_Psycho
  • @Shteevie - Hoping for clarification of spawn/threat counter operation, to remove doubt on first reported issue. Obviously the second reported issue in this thread also needs looking at. There are issues with other maps on that challenge.

@Avengers - I think you're right about that. I think the server registers the result (unless dusconnected), but the client continues to show walkers attacking when its already finished.
  • PicPic Member
    In a apocalypse if I can stand next to an entry point to block a zombie safely from entering my location I probably would.... Maybe that's just an exploit
  • @Pic - If you are referring to standing where you KNOW they'll spawn, as far as I know, that is a valid strategy in the game :wink:

In this case though it's an issue concerning either the threat counter on that map is giving false info, or if there are an incorrect number of walkers spawning.

As game dev's focus is on the new features in the recent update, I'll just wait and see if there are any corrections next time it's used. There were a couple of other bugs reported for that Challenge as well.
2»