Tara Leader trait Question

CoonCoon Member
edited August 22 in Strategy Discussion
So does Tare have a 100 percent chance of causing all teammates to heal themselves for X% of eachs total possible HPs when charge attacking or is it just X% of the damage dealt during charge attack? Or is there a chance that the charge attack may not activate Taras ability?

Comments

• David_H79David_H79 Moderator
    @coon the user of the charge attack gains x% of their health back, if Tara is in the lead.
    That should work 100% , means for every charge attack.
    Hope this helps. :)
    CoonavelardezSheri
  • CoonCoon Member
    OK... So it activates every time. But what is the % of the X% based on?
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member
    edited August 22
    x% of their total health I believe. 20-26% of their total health depending on her rarity
    I would say the total health of that specific survivor.
    But I have to admit that's a guess.
  • CoonCoon Member
    edited August 22
    So I used Tara in the scavenger mission and she struggled a level 24 Walker. I built 9 charges and killed each Walker on fist charge use but no healing. She remained in the red health zone. Now she did get hit by level 23 and her charge gave her full health but after the struggle she was rendered use less and had to be protected to gain charges and kill. But no increase in health. So what is the point of her trait if it can't help you after a struggle. And how does this help in the new game mode?

This was posted by another guy with a long name I can't remember in another thread. But I diffinently would like to know if it is true

@avelardez
    Sheri
  • It's true. It won't move you back to the "armor" (green) health bar once you go red.
    CoonSheri
    Every survivor has two health bars.
    A green one and a red one.
    If you loose points in the green bar you can heal it.
    If you loose points in the red bar you can heal it.
    You can't heal from a full red bar into the green bar.
    CoonMattOfEarthromeo
  • CoonCoon Member
    OK.... That's news. Glad to know. But just to clear up on more thing If Tara Struggles does that mean her leader trait no longer works? Because that's what I understood could be happening.
    avelardez
    No it doesn't.
    It's correct that you can't go back to a green health bar.
    But not every hit in the red bar is enough to die, so you can recover the red bar with a charge attack.
    CoonPutchucoSheri
    And to add one more thing:
    The leader trait works for the whole team.
    So the other two can still heal even if Tara is in the red bar.
    PutchucoSheri
  • CoonCoon Member
    Excellent.. Good information.

> @Coon said:
    > OK... So it activates every time. But what is the % of the X% based on?

But when able wouldstill like a difinent answer to this last question. Thanks yall
    romeo
  • hoping my Tara kicks some walker butt!
    8900rpmromeo
  • CoonCoon Member
    > @dandancar77 said:
    > hoping my Tara kicks some walker butt!

Looks nice.... Mines only a 3 star. So I hope she does good too.... I hope this thing is on a sliding scale much like the missions are for the weekly comps
  • avelardezavelardez Member
    edited August 22
    Ok, I am not anywhere near the best. I am an ok player who can reach up to a high RSL 30. So when I am commenting, it's about high level Walkers use and not low level ones. The hero trait given to Tara is garage if it does not help heal as documented in her trait. I read it gives me 26% healing at my legendary status. So she should heal my fighter back 26%. Not in a different red zone health bar. When you fight high level walkers you only get once shot. After a second hit, your done. I will most likely never use her, but just wanted to press this concern and issue with her trait as with the other hero traits. Case in point, Ricks traits. What is it used for. I will do fine without Tara's trait and complete this new game mode when it rolls out. Just want players to be informed and not get disappointed in heros by wasting time, resources, and money into them when some may be new to the game and not have been around to experience some major snafus that have occurred over time. Hope this helps.
    tabernacCoonSheriromeo
  • CoonCoon Member
    edited August 23
    So Tara Heals party members for X% of the persons maximum health BUT only if that healthbar hasn't changed colors AND doesn't help struggles .... Does this about sum it up @David_H79 @painwalker ? @vshield50

I must admit than This trait just went from nice to very crappy.
    Sheri
  • hikurahikura Member
    I contacted support about tara.Her ability doesn't actually heal the character.It gives character a boost of health.Example from what happened to me a few times.Survivor got hit twice and got bruised.I used the charge ability and got max health only to leave the battlefield still bruised.That is not healing technically.The character is getting a boost not healed.The way it's worded the character should be healed not given a boost of health.Big difference.Either ability should be re-worded to reflect actual ability or in game function needs to be changed to reflect listed ability.
    CoonPutchucoSheriZette
  • Support was being rather unhelpful by explaining it like that.
    On the forum it was never explained like that. (Luckily)

Tara does heal, but bruised/injured is a permanent flag.
    A reason for this is to prevent unhealthy lingering in a map to heal your character. That would lead to a dreadful experience. It would get boring quick.

Just remember that Tara should be very usefull in the new gamemode: the distance.
    Coon
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator
    FYI: https://nextgames.helpshift.com/a/the-walking-dead-no-man-s-land/?l=en&s=survivors-heroes-tokens&f=tara-s-leader-trait-and-injuries-after-missions

Tara's Leader Trait and injuries after missions
    Using Tara's Leader Trait, Healing Charge, your survivors regain x% of health when using their Charge Attacks. They find that inner burst of strength to survive when everything seems hopeless.

If your survivors get injured during a mission, they still need to rest up in the Hospital afterwards even if Tara's Leader Trait heals them back to to health.

Similarly, Healing Charge doesn't cancel out any injuries that affect your Quest or Challenge star requirements.
    Coon
  • CoonCoon Member
    edited August 31
    I like to think of her ability as more of a Second Wind than a heal.
    Because I now understand Tara does in fact NOT heal I am waiting to get a first hand feeling for new The Distance mod before I try to pump more time and energy into Tara...
  • TJSTJS Member
    Tara is one of my favorite heroes to use.
    She does heal, not only herself but other teammates too. The main thing to remember is to use her healing ability before a survivor is injured. Once a survivor is injured, they can be healed but will still complete mission with injury. Same goes for struggle.
  • Well... My Camp is only lvl 16 so.... Can't do new mod. With that said I think if I was injured in real life and then with time I HEAL then I am no longer injured. In my life I have never had an injury heal but remain injured. Now you may remain crippled after you heal if you like lost a leg or something, but you do not remain injured after healing.
    Now if you sprained your ankle during a foot race but forced yourself to not quit and did finish the race that is a second wind.
    And off topic for a sentence, you mention struggle and I think of you manage to wrestle and deflect the stuggle it should not count against you either. But all this is IMHO.
    @TJS
  • Well... My Camp is only lvl 16 so.... Can't do new mod. With that said I think if I was injured in real life and then with time I HEAL then I am no longer injured. In my life I have never had an injury heal but remain injured. Now you may remain crippled after you heal if you like lost a leg or something, but you do not remain injured after healing.
    Now if you sprained your ankle during a foot race but forced yourself to not quit and did finish the race that is a second wind.
    And off topic for a sentence, you mention struggle and I think of you manage to wrestle and deflect the stuggle it should not count against you either. But all this is IMHO.
    @TJS
  • TJSTJS Member
    edited September 13
    @Coon
    I like how you refer to real life. I saw you do this is another post. (Something about killing zombies in real life) I truly mean "I like" in a good way.

Anyway, I see your point and it would be great if her trait could completely heal but in the game isn't not how it works. Maybe you and or others can convince them to change it & I'm all for that. I'm just simply giving my best advice for how her trait works as it is.

ps; I'm a huge fan of raccoons, love the profile name n pic
    Coon
  • @TJS
    Thanks for the fan mail. Lol

Back to Tara, do you find her leader trait to be really a MUST HAVE for the Distance or is it more like only a little helpful? Or somewhere in between?
    TJS
  • TJSTJS Member
    To be honest it's too early for me to say. I reached lvl13 and regret some of the strategy I used but I wouldn't say Tara is very important in The Distance but I'm sure others may disagree.
  • I found her useful, but that usefulness ends when you can no longer kill enough walkers to get charged before you go into insta-struggle
    TJSpsychwolf
  • I don't really use Tara for lead. But gave her 3 space 50 magnum. And use her a lot with hunters. Does she heal herself in this position. I think not but she did well in the Distance.
  • I've been wondering why the healing trait doesnt work on her if she's not in leader position. Isnt that still supposed to be her trait? I've used her many times not in lead and the healing glow doesnt show up when she does a charged shot.
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator
    @Zette the leadership trait only works if Tara's in the leader position.
    Zette
  • TJSTJS Member
    Maybe people still miss understand her trait.
    Her trait only works when she is in lead position, just like all hero traits.
    Tara's trait can heal herself and other teammates. The way the trait works is when Tara or any of her teammates use their charge, that survivor will heal a small amount. It can be used again on her or teammates, again, when charge is used. But if a survivor is injured or struggles putting their health into the red, they can use their charge to fully heal, fully filling the to green health bar but that survivor will still face some hospital time, therefore on challenge missions you will still loose a star if a survivor was injured or two stars if a survivor entered a struggle.
    Hopefully this clears it up for some players.
    Zette