• DoTakDoTak Member
    Slacker
    SCBMAbigbeanoMattOfEarthromeo
  • SerpSerp Member
    I just got through complaining to my guildmates about it
    enigma12
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member
    edited August 27
    100% agree. Its tragically impossible. There just doesnt seem to be a strategy that works for this map >:)

• zbotzbot Legendary Moderator
    Merged @iBolski

I remember there was a PSA about the difficulty when this was a deadly.
    IRONDeeromeo
  • And I thought I was the only one who had a problem with Inside and out I get more fatties than anything I get stunned quick and can't do nothing cuz they keep coming...hate that stage I'll just wait til the next challenge since I'm basically some can't do no more til I beat it and I can't beat it
  • Let's fix the disgusting handicap first then we can worry about unbalance ok?

lvl 21s doing more stars than lvl 22s in identical conditions is way out of "balance" for me.
    crambert_necKaLiDBonesenigma12
  • PigPig Member
    iBolski said:

With my l20 players, I can still score 2-3 stars in all the other challenge missions. But when it comes to Inside and Out...

I agree that IAO is harder than other missions in this challenge (except it seems for psychos like @I_Am_Psycho).

However, level 20 survivors should be able to beat it on RSL 22. Do you have level 23 gear? Do you have stun resistance? I'm not even sure you should need wrestler at this stage (my 21s started using wrestler at RSL 25 I think). Do you have good melee survivors? Have you watched some of the videos around for IAO?

I'm not trying to argue about whether the map is unbalanced, because I think it is. I'm just hoping to help diagnose what's keeping you from at least getting a star or two at RSL+2. For what it's worth, I found using bruiser warrior scout, or warrior scout scout, with threat reduction on the scout(s), was effective for me.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    1RisbigbeanoI_Am_Psycho
  • I really, really dislike this map, too many of everything, with not enough room to move due to the obstacles
    I this is modified if & when it ever returns
    Ranked #1 in Australia for Weekly Challenges

Ranked in the Top 50 Globally for Weekly Challenge

Elder of Legacy Eh Top 5 Global Guild

Former Leader of Vault112 Top 20 Global Guild & it's 4 Guilds (Vault112, Vault112B, Vault112C & Vault112D) is now a part of the Eh family

Rise Up & Join the EH Family ehs.nml@gmail.com
  • In and out is really a pain in the ass. Needs a bit tweaking.

I tried multiple combinations and the combination of shooter plus two assaults worked.
    IGN : zeeblack
    Level : 63 today infinity tomorrow
    Guild: SGWoot

Every change NG makes is for the worst
    zeowerus
  • romeoromeo Member
    @zeeblack .what LvL n rsl u using?
  • @romeo it worked for me too on lvl 27.3 :)
    zeeblack
  • romeo said:

@zeeblack .what LvL n rsl u using?

Level 21 survivors and Lvl 23. I usually stop at Lvl 23, unless I have a craving for the deluxe crate at 680

• Guapo said:

If they would just add 20 fatties to the other 5 maps that would solve the problem.

The source from where NG gets the idea of nerfs and bugs

Guapo
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member
    edited August 28
    Pig said:

iBolski said:

With my l20 players, I can still score 2-3 stars in all the other challenge missions. But when it comes to Inside and Out...

I agree that IAO is harder than other missions in this challenge (except it seems for psychos like @I_Am_Psycho).

However, level 20 survivors should be able to beat it on RSL 22. Do you have level 23 gear? Do you have stun resistance? I'm not even sure you should need wrestler at this stage (my 21s started using wrestler at RSL 25 I think). Do you have good melee survivors? Have you watched some of the videos around for IAO?

I'm not trying to argue about whether the map is unbalanced, because I think it is. I'm just hoping to help diagnose what's keeping you from at least getting a star or two at RSL+2. For what it's worth, I found using bruiser warrior scout, or warrior scout scout, with threat reduction on the scout(s), was effective for me.
    My main issue with this map is the area of the map, the cabinets on the map and the random fatties that spawn. Any wrong move/ incorrect placement of survivors and you loose a star at higher levels. I was able to get 3 stars at RSL+2 with a change in combination of team to one shooter and two assaults.

• Pig said:

iBolski said:

@Pig - to be fair that 3☆ was a bit of a fluke and I think my warrior was insane on that one. I sent her in straight in there knowing her and the equipment traits were the only way through it. And she smashed it all up :) ... and I had to post it cos it was about10 mins after I read it ... LOL

@iBolski - I have to agree with the advice given by @Pig , because at +2, (for me anyway), that one was only 2☆ if I made a rash mistake, or had bad luck with trait probability and/or starting walker placememts. I attribute this to having fully upgraded gear to +3 of my survivors. (except Daryl because I'm wakting for Trade shop or good crate drop).

The entirre challenge this week was pretty depressing really with obstacles blocking sight and angles to attack from.

Pig
  • On inside out, I ended up doing this on the end levels
    Level 20 - 7 star bruiser,
    Level 21 - 7 star assault
    Level 21 - 7 star warrior

I used the bruiser as a punching bag for the two tanks that spawn on turn one
    The assault and warrior ran around the group and started opening the lockers
    As soon as they got all 3 lockers open they all fight their way back to the exit

Get to the lockers ASAP and get out
    No need to clear the room, just get the hell out as fast as you can

This was the only strategy that worked for me after several attempts with deaths and long hospital times
    The luck of the spawn was a factor
    If I was on level 25 and got spawns of level 24 and level 25 walkers, I could make a go of it
    If level 25 and level 26 spawned, it was a bloodbath
    Make it rain tokens
  • JadenJaden Member
    I only made 855 stars this week (when I can more often than not get 1k+) due to not being able to finish Inside and Out (I still made 2 to 3 stars on the other maps).

Just to add to the feedback. ;)
    Leader of Morbid Sinners, Elder in Morbid Spirits, Morbid Saints and Morbid Souls

We are currently recruiting.
  • GladiGladi Member
    While I was able to collect 3 stars in all other missions at 26/1, I was getting 1 star only in IAO starting 25/1. Difficulty of that map is really out of ballance.
    @capibara not reached your RSL, but one strong shooter there was big help for me. Saw for very first time lvl25 fattie one shot kill.
    capibaraenigma12
  • tallinietallinie Member
    edited August 28
    Inside Out can be tough to complete 3* at higher rsl but relatively easy to complete 1* even at "max" rsl. I reached 29-1 but could not go further with my 2-pink survivors due to some other maps blocking my way.

Edit: I was using Scout Warrior Bruiser, all with wrestler armors. Bruiser was also stun-resist.
  • My suggestion to easily fixing this unbalance is to let us fit 4 in the car for once. I think I would still struggle. This map alone, with its baby makin fatties, killed this challenge for me. Yes, 4 survivors on 1 mission, how cool would that be
  • @R2runfast I mentioned more than 3 survivors as mission team a few times too, that's a bigger game changer than any trait or hero introduced. The most optimal would be we can use all 6 classes survivor at once.
  • @OneLessTitan I was just wondering if you are going to post another fantastic guide highlighting what traits and weapon traits with the updated traits? I always had the guide handy to look up what traits are best and found it invaluable! Thanks again for your great work! Its very much appreciated!
2»