Update 2.7 - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• @paintbeast. No. I meant the pop-up screen at the beginning of the Challenge showing you had a Head Start with x2 crates, Stars, rewards etc.. It won't let me post a pic here but I reported a problem in Bug Issues and the screenshot is there :-)

• @fynlay Just saw that thread. That's very strange.
  • painwalkerpainwalker Content Creator
    edited September 7
    @avelardez maybe you should mix the blue with green components
    Every change NG does is for the better. :)

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnu91DEXHRfzGIZP1MKLU6Q
    CoonGermanFighterromeoljr6jvhv4Lightfeet
  • CoonCoon Member
    @painwalker
    Just wondering why you think mixing epic and rare items has a better chance of producing and epic trait than using all epic items would.... Seriously, does that increase chances for better items? In my mind it would not. Or was that sarcasm in your post? I want to know because I would like to use whatever items give me the best chance at gaining the better outcome.
    DLichzeeblackljr6jvhv4
  • Coon said:

@painwalker

Just wondering why you think mixing epic and rare items has a better chance of producing and epic trait than using all epic items would.... Seriously, does that increase chances for better items? In my mind it would not. Or was that sarcasm in your post? I want to know because I would like to use whatever items give me the best chance at gaining the better outcome.

I believe what @painwalker is eluding to is since @avelardez used all epic (blue) components and it turned out to be a rare anyway he might have been better off mixing blues and greens and saving blues for another try.

If avelardez has 4 blue components and 4 green components; and he's already used 4 blue components and received a green badge maybe next time save some of the blue one's and mix and match. 2 blues and 2 greens although would give less of a chance the first time crafting will give more of a chance the second time crafting compared to using 4 greens.
    Need to find a guild? Click here
    Need some strategy? Click here
    Have a suggestion? Click here
    Having an issue? Click here
    Want to have some fun? Click here
    Looking for some pasta that's creepy? Click here
    Want to hear what I have to say about this game? Click here
    painwalker1RisMattOfEarthPic
  • avelardez said:

This new update and this system is so garbage. Really, I use all epic items and you give me a Rare trait.

Garbage or not, the crafting screen tells you exactly what the range will be before you follow through with crafting. If you don't want a rare badge, wait until you have the components to get something with a minimum of epic.
    1RisAlexFiliUKljr6jvhv4
  • painwalkerpainwalker Content Creator
    edited September 7
    @Coon what @DLich said above is what I meant. There is no point in putting 3 legendaries with 3 stars because you will just get a 2/3 star badge and will waste them. Same thing in his case.

I guess the first few weeks for everyone will be trial and error.

Also it doesn’t matter the badge rarity if you can put that badge into a set as it gets 20% bonus together with 3 more badges
    Every change NG does is for the better. :)

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnu91DEXHRfzGIZP1MKLU6Q
  • Sorry guys! In the next challenge i'll use the "pass turn"....but, i receive the stars? :# ...i feel stupid o:)
  • @Andrea Each round pass you use gives that round 2x stars. So you actually will end up with a few extra stars. And double trade goods. https://nextgames.helpshift.com/a/the-walking-dead-no-man-s-land/?s=what-s-new-in-the-latest-update-2-7&f=what-are-the-challenge-round-passes&l=en
    AndreaVladoII
  • From what I understand, I think there's no stars from just using a round pass. Only stars earned in the following round will get you double stars.
    DLichpaintbeastcrambert_necJaden
  • Is there a limit to how many not play the game passes you can earn?
    banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
    ... .... ..- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. / --. .-. .. -- . -.--
  • Bug(find it yourself)
    -----------------
    Former Member of #nocarlclub
    I_Am_PsychoOneVoice
  • JackBauer said:

Bug(find it yourself)

I noticed that too.

When you have chat notifications it puts the number above the distance tab also but only goes away he reading your guilds chats.
    Need to find a guild? Click here
    Need some strategy? Click here
    Have a suggestion? Click here
    Having an issue? Click here
    Want to have some fun? Click here
    Looking for some pasta that's creepy? Click here
    Want to hear what I have to say about this game? Click here
    I_Am_Psycho
  • You all realize that if you use all rare components and a badge, you have a chance to get between rare and epic.. right? I've actually made two epic items now from all rare components. Double check that a common wasn't placed by accident and then Rock and Roll
    I_Am_PsychoCaptainslayerADPaqstolen
  • > @killzreality said:
    > You all realize that if you use all rare components and a badge, you have a chance to get between rare and epic.. right? I've actually made two epic items now from all rare components. Double check that a common wasn't placed by accident and then Rock and Roll

How fantastic for you.

You also have a chance to make an uncommon with all rare, which is what keeps happening to me.

I'd love to know the probability of getting the same rarity or higher with badge construction vs the lower rarity. Because, in my own experience, it's the lowest possible rarity about 80% of the time and it's getting a bit frustrating.
    Bill_ZRTmik81
  • You all realize that if you use all rare components and a badge, you have a chance to get between rare and epic.. right? I've actually made two epic items now from all rare components. Double check that a common wasn't placed by accident and then Rock and Roll

If you use all rare Components AND a rare Fragment, the best case scenario is epic. Worst case is uncommon.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.

• tpips42 said:

I'd love to know the probability of getting the same rarity or higher with badge construction vs the lower rarity. Because, in my own experience, it's the lowest possible rarity about 80% of the time and it's getting a bit frustrating.

I've made 15 badges from components and fragments with a chance of common to rare, using only a mix of 1 and 2 star pieces.

Of those 15, 3 have been rare, 6 have been uncommon, and 6 have been common.

So for my very small window of data, that's 20 percent for max level, 40 percent for minimum level and 40 percent for right in the middle.
  • rustynailrustynail Member
    edited September 11
    I haven't made badges. Do I have to use badges in order to complete The Distance?
    Smooth but strong and on the rocks.
  • rustynail said:

I haven't made badges. Do I have to use badges in order to complete The Distance?

Theoretically, no. You don't even have to build the Scavenger and Craft buildings. But by the accounts from NG staff, it will get extremely hard, and badges will help. I've crafted a bunch but only equipped one. I can't afford 15 gold to move them around survivors, so once they're on somebody, I intend to leave them there. I'm waiting to see what things look like and make my decisions then. We'll know more Tuesday when we can actually see this new game mode.
    AlexFiliUK
  • MizTyMizTy Member
    edited September 11
    New game mode! Badges! New maps! Less grind (round passes)! New staff! I'm a delighted kitten!

(That is SniperKitty's feedback... I hope NG is still "listening")
    Bill_ZRT
  • The distance was intended to be the new thing to separate the good players (or, admittedly, the ones who spent the most money) from the best players. The wrestler trait takes away all that. I know people who all they do is use single phone calls, put a wrestler armor on the hero they get (of any level), send them alone against a zombie, wrestle it down, on ANY level, and, if it survives, move on to the next one. When that hero dies, he flees, replaces with another one star phonecall guy, puts the wrestler armor on it, and then repeats the process. If he runs out of hero slots, he can scrap them and get a new one for phones.

This way the whole thing (except the freemen battles) are finished with ONE single trait. (You easily complete the distance this way)

The question you have to ask yourself then is: is this the way the game was intended to be played? When you can win ANY battle against ANY level with ANY level hero, because of one single trait, it is no longer a strategy, but an exploit of a bug, and in most MMO's people will get a warning for abusing it and then get banned.

Think about this: nothing matters! Not legendary sirvivors, not how many stars you have gathered, not the equipment, not the badges, only ONE trait. This is the "strategy" that you are defending.
    mik81TheSittingDuckI_Am_PsychoQB34MystiquePic
  • Here's another obvious trade off for abusing the wrestler ability; burning phones for disposable cannon fodder is a terrible way of using an ultimately rare resource within the game. Sure, you can fill your intial roster from the free daily calls, but to refill your roster mid-Distance, is costly.

Add to that, that this 'strategy' all but demands that you pay for a gas booster, it's not ultimately viable for F2P players.

So all in all, a pure wrestle+repeat run through, can be very expensive to execute, and in my case, definitely not worth it, especially multiple times every week. Doesn't matter if it actually works or not, its not worth the trade off.

That being said, I have no issues with anyone actually implementing it. Very much, "to each, his own". It doesnt affect my game at all, so if someone else is willing to fund future developement of this game, more power to them!!!
    Pigcrambert_necQB34Pic
  • PigPig Member
    I did it once and probably won't do it again, but might do just for fun some time. I agree that as a regular exercise, blowing those phones is not the best use of them. For me, I had a stockpile anyway in case any kind of good phone event ever comes along. So I used a few to beat The Distance once.

As for gas, I didn't find that too much a problem, and I'm totally ftp. I saved gas after the challenge ended, except for 5 spent on the episode missions. Then I bought a gas refill with gold only a few times (three I think?) during The Distance. I get so much gold from crates and quests that it was no big deal.

As a one-off I think it was fun and worth using the phones (I estimate I used 30 out of my stash of about 1000). I called maybe three survivors beforehand, and another 20-some during. But I agree I won't do that regularly, certainly not more than once a week!
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."