Badges - Official Discussion Thread

Thoughts and feedback on the badges system, great pulls from the Craftsman? This is the place for it.
David_H79painwalkerVladoIIJackv00

Comments

• My first badge

What determines badge shape to make a set? Does it just fill them out in order or is it randomized?
    VladoIIDavid_H79JadenElllC571
  • @Mabiki it doesn't fill them in order.
  • This is my first badge. I am supposed to give that to Rosita, right?

VladoIIsgtsgirlElllC571
  • Apologies if this was answered in one of the pre-update threads: are there any better chances for finding components in the gear scavenge than in the other mission types?
    kardjunkie
  • Damage, on weapon I think
  • I think @SCBMA is referring to the bonus added if the survivor has "_" trait. What trait is needed @Teeceezy
    Need to find a guild? Click here
    Need some strategy? Click here
    Have a suggestion? Click here
    Having an issue? Click here
    Want to have some fun? Click here
    Looking for some pasta that's creepy? Click here
    Want to hear what I have to say about this game? Click here
    MattOfEarth
  • Damage trait on weapon
  • DLichDLich Member
    edited September 5
    Maybe there are new traits added to the game that we aren't aware of and that ... Is representative of that?

Maybe you have to have a survivor with that trait first before it recognizes it? Idk
    Need to find a guild? Click here
    Need some strategy? Click here
    Have a suggestion? Click here
    Having an issue? Click here
    Want to have some fun? Click here
    Looking for some pasta that's creepy? Click here
    Want to hear what I have to say about this game? Click here
  • Lethal
  • Third badge

Fourth badge was a greenie even though I used all epic components.

David_H79VladoIIJaden
  • is there no scavenge to collect fragments and components for the badges?
    InvaderGeirTransmuteJun
  • I found a badge component in a regular XP scavenger mission.
    David_H79Jadenromeo
  • @SCBMA did you use everytime the same components?
    Or did you try different combinations?
  • @David_H79
    For the first three badges I used distinctly different components to build. On the fourth I used the same component more than once. Maybe that is why it turned out green instead of epic? Don't know, will have to experiment more.
    David_H79
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member
    edited September 5
    Did I do wrong in immediately upgrading craft building????
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    Invader
  • @JayZ
    If I have a bunch of garbage 1 and 2 star components then I should just make a badge right? There is no way to improve the component rarity.
  • SCBMA said:

@JayZ
    If I have a bunch of garbage 1 and 2 star components then I should just make a badge right? There is no way to improve the component rarity.

That's what I would think. A mediocre badge is better than none at all, at least until you build some better ones.
    SCBMADLichJayZbigmacElllC571
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Administrator
    SCBMA said:

Here is my second badge. What is the "..." trait?

Thanks for the report! @SCBMA
    SCBMAbigbeanoromeoElllC571
  • JayZ said:

Just a word of advice: I would wait before equipping badges to survivors (particularly if you are FTP and/or low on gold). I know that new/shiny/exciting badges will be tempting to equip as soon as you craft them, but given the set bonuses that can activate when you equip 4 badges within the same set, it makes sense wait until you've done a lot of crafting so you can more carefully plan out what you want to equip to whom, based on badge bonuses, survivor and gear traits, and how you use those survivors.

If you have @Movado levels of gold, then plz disregard this post.

This is exactly why I've left my two badges unequipped for now. I'll await some more detailed analysis before equipping any of them.
    VladoIIInvaderMattOfEarthCanabet