Badges - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• > @Amiga said:
    > Both of these were with 3 tins of sardines. All level 1 components and fragments both times.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > SO with the same components you received different badges?

But they're both health-based. So maybe that's something. Makes sense that edibles would yield some sort of health boost.
  • Yes, albeit similar. They also go into different slots.

I have the screenshots before crafting as well if I need to post them ;)

I assure you it was identical ingredients.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.

• So maybe % or not is random but type depend on used components
  • Is there a reason NG isn't more transparent on how crafting works? Is it just oversight or deliberate to create an air of mystery for us to discover.

Given how much this game relies on RNG it seems unfair to have the community compile hundreds of data points to determine if different components have any impact on the badge or if it's pure RNG.
    Invadermik81R2runfastAlexFiliUK
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member
    edited September 11
    I'm experimenting as the opportunity arises and have bookmarked threads with screenshots for later analysis.

But when you consider how many combinations there are, excluding order, things can't possibly add up. There are more combinations than badge types.

Edit: so looking in my Crafts shop, I see some strange oddities. x% extra Health badges in different sets, and in one set where I have two of them, they go into different slots. If there is a pattern it's going to be apparent very quickly.

• We all know mabiki has the moral highground. We all surrender to you.

Everybody is ignorent but you, thanks for the headsup.

See the rest of you in prison. Bye bye.

Wow. Lots of projection here. And BTW, you misspelled ignorant.
    Best of luck to you.

Captainslayer
  • dlbdlb Member
    So the badge range sucks totat butt sauce. 4 uncommon, 1 common, i guess i can see a common spitting out. Next try i do 2 rare, 2 uncommon and 1 common. Of course it gives me a common since all the probabilities screamed for a common. Come on, system lords, quit treating us like trash.
    SleeperyJeem
  • BaRely made it, but finally

At least the badges are working, but should it feel the same way doing it old school?

re
    TJSSPC_TORRES
  • To @I_Am_Psycho

What I meant with the phrase "rightly entitled to" is that we should have been given the option to swap badges for free and we should have that option in the future if they change things.

We have seen a preview of The Distance and it's true to its name. Consider this scenario: if while pushing, our badged survivor is KIA, he takes down the badge/s with him unless you pay the unequip fee. If you put 2 badges, you'd have to pay 30 gold, if 4 then 60 gold, if 6 then 90 gold. And then, the newly badged survivor is KIA again...

The idea that badges are "semi-perment" is what needs to be reviewed. Why should badges be different from weapon and armor?

I know the major issues now are drop rate of crafting materials, rarity of finds, and retrogressive yield. I don't want to deemphasize them but since they can't tweak that yet then, at least, something doable for now which is the option to swap the few good badges that we have for free.
    zeeblackJerryDixonmik81ant
  • Firekid said:

If you could swap badges then you would only ever need 18 odd badges and constantly swap them. Just like weapons and then I have to spend 20'mins swapping my stuff around! This crafting is for the long haul! its only been a week! Legendary badges are soooo powerful it's not surprising they aren't being given out like candy!

Remember that the ability to swap is already there for players with constantly available gold. So being able to swap for free is actually lessening the great disadvantage to moderate spenders. As a player, you have nothing to lose. You only gain. For the game, no negative impact, instead, a little bit of balance.
    ant
  • @NeoTheOne - I don't think badges are intended to be thought of in the same way as Legendary Equipment.

The ability to swap is already there for players without constantly available gold. It's just that you can't do it with impunity.

As @Firekid says, it's only been a week.

I'm sure they'll tweak things a bit anyway after monitoring game data and feedback.

There'll be more badges available over time, so you might feel in a months time, that it actually doesn't matter so much. Especially if you spend so much time swapping badges around And it'll be so much more time consuming than swapping equipment.

Like I said before, the strategy part is selecting which survivors to equip to getas far as possible in The Distance. I don't think micro managing our badges is worth the time to be honest.

It doesn't matter to me what big spenders can do. Premium services are generally better than free, or basic (moderate spend).

TJS
  • @I_Am_Psycho - Let's agree to disagree. It matters to me that F2P players do not have the option to unequip but premium players have (and they can do it as many times as necessary); to you it's doesn't matter. To me, the importance of swapping badges will be more and more important as time passes by and as players get better badges or need to badge certain survivors for certain missions in, for example, The Distance (specially when one badged survivor falls); to you, in "a month's time," "it doesn't matter so much." It matters to me that I can micromanage my badges and would certainly do so because it means succeeding or failing in a mission; to you, it is not worth the time. It matters to me what big spenders can do and what moderate and F2P players can't do- now and in the future; to you, it matters not. I've sufficiently expressed my view on the subject so this will be my last post about it.
    InvaderJadenMonsutaADPaq
  • I_Am_PsychoI_Am_Psycho Member
    edited September 12
    @NeoTheOne - To me, it doesn't matter at all, now or in a month's time. You may or may not feel differently in a month's time. I feel I should clarify this distinction, for reasons of transparency, as I was quoted slightly out of context and felt cornered into responding.

Good luck in The Distance today. I hope you get the best from the badges you have so far :)

Agree with your last sentence :)

Edit: I'm prepared to discuss (this aspect) further via PM rather than here if there's any need.

TJS
  • TJSTJS Member
    @I_Am_Psycho
    I'd just leave it there bro.
    Accept there's anyway goes to be differences in opinions.
    Goodluck in The Distance!!
    Starts Soon.
    I_Am_Psycho
  • How do you undo a badge...can it be done?
  • thebigyin said:

How do you undo a badge...can it be done?

Nope. You can scrap it for xp though.
  • Yeah how ?
  • Go to the craftsman building, and open your crafting interface. When you have a screen with the badge you want to scrap, look for the red trash can icon bottom left. Think you cannot trash equipped badges though.
  • You can trash equipped badges by replacing them with other badges.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners, Elder in Morbid Spirits, Morbid Saints and Morbid Souls

We are currently recruiting.
  • DMPDMP Member
    So there are five different badge sets. A, B, C, D, and E. Does each set correlate to a specific class of survivor?Will a badge from Set A give greater abilities to a Hunter than it does to a Bruiser? Will a badge from Set B be better for a Scout than a Shooter? I'm confused as usual.
  • TJSTJS Member
    edited September 12
    @SteveSS
    Sets don't go with any one class. They can be used in any class and have the same affect.

The bonus is if you use four or more of the same set on any survivor you'll get a 20% bonus for those in that set.
  • TJSTJS Member
    edited September 12
    @thebigyin
    You can scap a badge not on a survivor or if on a survivor you can use 15 gold to unequip then scap.
    But I don't know why you would want to scrap a badge for xp. Probably best to hang on to it, it may be useful later to form a set of four from the same set.
  • DMPDMP Member
    TJS said:

@SteveSS

Sets don't go with any one class. They can be used in any class and have the same affect.

The bonus is if you use four or more of the same set on any survivor you'll get a 20% bonus for those in that set.

And that leads to me wonder why they created five different sets when one set, or class of badges, would produce the same results. I just can't make it make sense in my head.

Next question - Is there a limit to how many badges a person can have on hand? I'm guessing there must be since it gives the option to scrap. What is the maximum number before you have to dump lower level badges?
  • DMPDMP Member
    Maybe I'm just overthinking it, but it seems like they over complicated things by creating five different sets.
  • SteveSS said:

So there are five different badge sets. A, B, C, D, and E. Does each set correlate to a specific class of survivor?

Then it would be six sets as we have six different survivor classes...
    DMPI_Am_Psycho
  • SteveSS said:

TJS said:

@SteveSS

And that leads to me wonder why they created five different sets when one set, or class of badges, would produce the same results. I just can't make it make sense in my head.

Next question - Is there a limit to how many badges a person can have on hand? I'm guessing there must be since it gives the option to scrap. What is the maximum number before you have to dump lower level badges?
    They did complicate it. Deliberately, I"m sure. If you only had one overall set, then you'd get the set bonus by equipping any 4 badges and I presume they wanted it to be harder than that to get a bonus. With 4 sets, people are encouraged to "collect them all" and keep crafting until they get good badges within a particular set.

According to the original Badges announcement:
    - The number of badges you can have is equal to six times the number of survivor slots that you have plus and additional 100. This is including the Badges equipped to your Survivors. If you reach this limit, You will need to select and scrap some Badges from your inventory before you can make any more Badges.
    DMPPhalanx44