stun resistant explosive walkers

I have two or three times this challenge had stunned explosive walkers attack me. They have the stun effect over their head, first turn of the stun, and they attack me anyway. Just got in a struggle which shouldn't have happened, and that's a lot of healing time or gold to lose to replay for the star.

I don't have video, and I'm not going to video every mission I play to try to catch it. I will, however, narrate a video for you. First, my bruiser hits an explosive walker, and stun activates. The yellow swirling indicator shows above the explosive walker, with a number 1 or 2 depending on whether concussion activated. Then I finish my moves or hit end turn. Then the explosive walker wakes up mid-stun and attacks my survivor. In this most recent case, that resulted in a struggle, wrestle trait activating, and the walker being killed. In other cases it has resulted in the walker injuring my survivor and then going back to sleep.
Bad Pig
Bad to the bone!
The Notorious P.I.G.
"I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
"I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."

Comments

• TJSTJS Member
    I believe exploding walkers can not be stunned just like tank walkers
  • PigPig Member
    Not true at all. I stun them regularly. That's why it stood out to me when it didn't happen.

Or I should say, if they're not meant to be stunnable, then the bug I'm reporting is the opposite, and it's much more widespread than 2-3 occasions! I have stunned dozens of exploders in this challenge.

I think you're confused between exploders and spikeys, but I could be wrong.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
  • TJSTJS Member
    I didn't think they could be stunned but maybe your right. My Assults just blow em up so I can't test nor can I remember doing it the past. Hopefully if there is a problem it'll be fixed.
    Goodluck!
    Pig
  • TJSTJS Member
    Input on this @David_H79 when possible??
    David_H79
  • @TJS I am not sure at the moment.
    When I am or you are back in the game, tap on a grenadier walker.
    That shows his specifics.
    So is he is stun resistant, you could see it there.

I'll give an update as soon as I was back in the game.
    TJS
  • PigPig Member
    Seriously I stun dozens of these guys. Even these rare cases where they aren't stunned, I expressly said that they had the stun imagery above their heads. I'm not talking about hitting an exploder once with a bruiser and then wondering like a noob why he isn't stunned.

I'm talking about hitting dozens of exploders with my bruiser and consistently seeing them stunned. I'm talking about planning strategies and tactics based on my bruiser stunning exploders. Are there any experienced players who use bruisers who can back me up?

In that context, it stands out that 2-3 times the stun hasn't worked, but even in those cases the exploder slumps over with stars swirling over his head, just as he does in the dozens of cases in which I've successfully stunned them. Only in these anomalous cases, the exploder proceeds to attack me. It's not a body shot, it's not that exploders can't be stunned; there is a bug and stun is not having effect.

If I am actually wrong that exploders are supposed to stun--and it's ridiculous to think I'm wrong about this, but if I am--then there is an even bigger bug. You have stun visuals taking effect 2-3 times when they shouldn't, because exploders can't be stunned anyway; and you have dozens and dozens of exploders which I'm merrily stunning with my bruiser every single time I play half the maps in this challenge.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
  • TJSTJS Member
    There you have it.
    "Explodes When Shot"
    This would lead me to believe that once they are shot they explode, therefore stunning them should be impossible.
    I'd be interested to see a screen shot that shows one stunned.
  • I would say @Pig is right, they should not be stun resistant.
    If they are stun resistant, it would be shown in your screen @TJS .
    TJSPig
  • PigPig Member
    edited September 9
    TJS said:

There you have it.

"Explodes When Shot"

This would lead me to believe that once they are shot they explode, therefore stunning them should be impossible.

I'd be interested to see a screen shot that shows one stunned.

Ask and you shall receive. By the way, bruiser is one of the first classes of survivor you received in the game.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    TJS
  • TJSTJS Member
    I guess stunning them with a Brusier would be possible but not with Assult.
    David_H79
  • PigPig Member
    Pig said:

First, my bruiser hits an explosive walker, and stun activates. The yellow swirling indicator shows above the explosive walker, with a number 1 or 2 depending on whether concussion activated. Then I finish my moves or hit end turn. Then the explosive walker wakes up mid-stun and attacks my survivor. In this most recent case, that resulted in a struggle, wrestle trait activating, and the walker being killed. In other cases it has resulted in the walker injuring my survivor and then going back to sleep.

Pig said:

I'm not talking about hitting an exploder once with a bruiser and then wondering like a noob why he isn't stunned.

I'm talking about hitting dozens of exploders with my bruiser and consistently seeing them stunned. I'm talking about planning strategies and tactics based on my bruiser stunning exploders. Are there any experienced players who use bruisers who can back me up?

...I'm merrily stunning with my bruiser every single time I play half the maps in this challenge.

Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    TJS
  • TJSTJS Member
    > @Pig said:
    > First, my bruiser hits an explosive walker, and stun activates. The yellow swirling indicator shows above the explosive walker, with a number 1 or 2 depending on whether concussion activated. Then I finish my moves or hit end turn. Then the explosive walker wakes up mid-stun and attacks my survivor. In this most recent case, that resulted in a struggle, wrestle trait activating, and the walker being killed. In other cases it has resulted in the walker injuring my survivor and then going back to sleep.
    >
    > I'm not talking about hitting an exploder once with a bruiser and then wondering like a noob why he isn't stunned.
    >
    > I'm talking about hitting dozens of exploders with my bruiser and consistently seeing them stunned. I'm talking about planning strategies and tactics based on my bruiser stunning exploders. Are there any experienced players who use bruisers who can back me up?
    >
    > ...I'm merrily stunning with my bruiser every single time I play half the maps in this challenge.

I should take some of my own advice and read all txt carefully. :
    David_H79Pig