The Distance: First Look & Official Discussion Thread

TeeceezyTeeceezy Administrator
We had @Fearofabotplanet and @Shteevie sit down for a sneak peek into the brand new Distance mode. We took questions you guys asked around these parts and go through the first few missions - the left is up for you all to discover.

Check it out:

(We're hoping to do more of this kind of stuff in the future - so hit us up with any comments or feedback you may have! Thanks in advance.)
jesterVladoIITJSDLichJadenI_Am_PsychodocfinzenburgJenngCarlyGForceJackBauerrfg1982Cherokee_RoseAmigaSchismMrsScattercushionJellyttamconnor1RispainwalkerMadPuppyMorgantpips42PutchucobigbeanoxyzCzarnyJoGovernatorWeekOnep_herianTatdJdmkjmia421OneVoiceMattOfEarthR2runfastSlowMoBorutoLightfeetsligoemKyrusantbiter370Bill_ZRTpradiAval0njimmorrison369NeoTheOneAnDronchikMaverick1969BuckzzQB34tpzinhoZettemellow_93ladyfarleigh13MizTyZenica

Comments

• I'm betting at least one person finishes it this week, but it won't be me.
    DLichMattOfEarthPapacasOGLoge
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member
    edited September 11
    No words on the "heal" button ? >:)

I am looking forward to the lvl42 fattie at the end.

@DLich how much health will he have ?
    -----------------
    Former Member of #nocarlclub
    kjmia421stolenladyfarleigh13
  • Interesting video. Sometimes the voices are hard to hear. It also seemed a few times that you had trouble concentrating on speaking and playing at the same time. There were some "ouch" decisions. :p

Oh, and the hunters were warriors. ;)

Maybe also not jump-cut a round or two into the mission next time - that was kind of irritating.

Overall, that was awesome, though. Hope to see that more often in the future. Now I am looking forward to playing The Distance (though I doubt I will make it to anywhere near the end) and hope my badge craft bug gets fixed soon.

Leader of Morbid Sinners, Elder in Morbid Spirits, Morbid Saints and Morbid Souls

We are currently recruiting.
    TeeceezyJenngbigbeanokjmia421
  • AmigaAmiga Member
    edited September 11
    Yeah mea culpa..RSL 35 isn't the last LOL and 10/21 is already RSL 27 :)))))
    Rewards much much better than in challenge....
    GeorgeRomero
  • Amiga said:

Last mission RSL 35 WOW.

Isn´t it 41?

AmigaVladoIIbigbeano
  • And freemen.
    AmigaJenngbigbeano
  • Oh yeah a lvl41 freemen. :p
    -----------------
    Former Member of #nocarlclub
    InvaderbigbeanoCzarnyJoAval0n
  • AmigaAmiga Member
    edited September 11
    So it's twice in a week..Tuesday and Saturday?
    BTW great video
    @Shteevie
    @Fearofabotplanet

What about weekend event? Class boost? Working with Distance as well?
    Teeceezy
  • Thanks for the video!
    G-Force
    Doom Killers
  • painwalkerpainwalker Content Creator
    Ahhh nice so that’s what you meant @Teeceezy . Both @Shteevie and @Fearofabotplanet had similar voices lol.

If shteevie and fear were talking, should I assume tzy recorded and edited it?

Love the idea. I can see there was a plan/scrip for the video. Maybe for next time you can pre record the gameplay and then talk over it.

P.S was that my genius QuickTime recording method in action?
    Every change NG does is for the better. :)

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnu91DEXHRfzGIZP1MKLU6Q
    bigbeanokjmia421
  • lol i can barely win vs level 31 xD
    IGN: Morgan
    Currently Top 16 Globally and #2 in Canada
    Email: conquer.twdnml@gmail.com

Need a guild? Click here to check us out!!!
  • One question: How exactly does the "Heal" button work?

My guess would be just the three chosen survivors, but I'd love some clarification since I don't think it was touched on in the video. @Fearofabotplanet @Shteevie
    sligoem
  • tpips42 said:

One question: How exactly does the "Heal" button work?

My guess would be just the three chosen survivors, but I'd love some clarification since I don't think it was touched on in the video. @Fearofabotplanet @Shteevie

There's no healing involved in this mode. you keep carrying your injured survivors through the missions until they die and you cant use them anymore (in that mode).
    You keep going until all your survivors die or you finish the last mission.
    IGN: Morgan
    Currently Top 16 Globally and #2 in Canada
    Email: conquer.twdnml@gmail.com

Need a guild? Click here to check us out!!!
    edited September 11
    Ok so they both have glasses, fear has dark hair and shteveie’s hair is blue ish??

Hmm their noses and mouths are missing! @Fearofabotplanet @Teeceezy Working as intended?

bigbeanoI_Am_PsychoFearofabotplanet
  • > @Morgan said:
    > One question: How exactly does the "Heal" button work?
    >
    >
    >
    > My guess would be just the three chosen survivors, but I'd love some clarification since I don't think it was touched on in the video. @Fearofabotplanet @Shteevie
    >
    > There's no healing involved in this mode. you keep carrying your injured survivors through the missions until they die and you cant use them anymore (in that mode).
    > You keep going until all your survivors die or you finish the last mission.

Not true. You can heal 10% of damage for 40 gold.
    tpips42
  • @paintbeast beat me to it. lol.

@Morgan look back at the video. There's a button in between stages on your survivor selection page that allows you to heal. I just want to know who it affects: the three chosen or all survivors still alive?
    @tpips42 In the release notes it says restore health to every character in their roaster apart from the killed ones.

AmigaBill_ZRT
  • > @painwalker said:
    > @tpips42 In the release notes it says restore health to every character in their roaster apart from the killed ones.

Awesome. Thanks, @painwalker! I must have missed that part.
    painwalker
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Administrator
    @painwalker We used OBS to record and Premiere to edit. I didn't do the editing myself. :)
    painwalker
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Administrator
    > @tpips42 said:
    > One question: How exactly does the "Heal" button work?
    >
    > My guess would be just the three chosen survivors, but I'd love some clarification since I don't think it was touched on in the video. @Fearofabotplanet @Shteevie

Heal action costs 40 gold and heals a bit of all the survivors on your roster.
    tpips42R2runfastJadenBill_ZRT
  • i'm planning on going the distance :#
    tabernacKaLiBill_ZRTAnnaGreengirl