The Distance: First Look & Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• *queues up that Cake song*
    paintbeastDodkongIfyourforgive
  • Best of luck! We should take bets on who completes it first?
    Jenng
  • What would one wager? :# @jester
    ☠️Elder of DeadFamily guild ❤️ Get your dead on! ☠️
  • JenngJenng Member
    edited September 11
    I've got one I more than likely won't need :)
    So I'm in!!!!
    Edited to tag jester, so it won't get weird @jester
    ☠️Elder of DeadFamily guild ❤️ Get your dead on! ☠️
    jesterJaden
  • Eventually, we'll be able to craft dialysis machines with our badge components. Right?! Bet those kidneys away!
    gamer997MattOfEarthJaden
  • What about tara healing can I keep using her to get a survivor back to 100%
    FearofabotplanetSheri707EmeraldTriangle
  • Great video!
    Fearofabotplanet
  • @Fearofabotplanet @Teeceezy @Shteevie
    How does "Restart" button works? Can we keep restart to get the same set of rewards over and over again? Also will the survivor be back at full health?
  • What is the cost for reset the distance?
  • I feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve. I may not sleep tonight. Gonna leave some cookies out for the NG team!

Thanks, @Teeceezy @Fearofabotplanet @Shteevie and all of Santa's elves in the NG office!
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

EMBRACE THE GRIND
    VladoIIFearofabotplanetmsrebeccaMizTy
  • I would also lime to know how the restart works? How many times can you restart? or is it as many as you want?
  • Great video.

FearofabotplanetLightfeetMizTy
  • painwalkerpainwalker Content Creator
    edited September 12
    @Fearofabotplanet Is this badge going to guarantee us a leg component daily from now on? Since it’s going to be so hard to get it.

@Teeceezy Ah OBS I know is mainly for Livestrraming and that’s why I use it too. But you can record as well
    Every change NG does is for the better. :)

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnu91DEXHRfzGIZP1MKLU6Q
    Fearofabotplanet
  • @painwalker - it'll be worth much bragging and cause great badge envy. We actually used Quicktime and OBS for the trial recording but ended up using an Elgato Media programme called Game Recorder HD for the final recording using some of their hardware.
    Teeceezypainwalker
  • It's a very nice video and I really look forward to playing. Two questions @Shteevie and @Fearofabotplanet :

1) From the video it looks like you can swap around gear. Does that mean you dropped the idea to "lock" armor and weapons to specific survivors in The Distance? (Or does it perhaps only lock if/when they die?)

2) When you die and attempt the mission again, @Shteevie said your progress is saved. Is that only for opening crates/doors and for the kill counter in kill-all-walker missions? Or is the mission exactly like you left it with initial walkers dead and possibly the spawn clock all the way up with high-level walkers arriving? (Which would mean you need to die fast in order to have a chance next round).
    I'm lost.

Check out the DMZ guild. We're recruiting. Here.
    MattOfEarthPutchuco
  • Weekly class bonus or weekend event won't affect DISTANCE if somebody still wondering about it ;)
  • AmigaAmiga Member
    edited September 12
    > @Pig said:
    > Weekly class bonus or weekend event won't affect DISTANCE if somebody still wondering about it ;)
    >
    > What I'm still wondering about is power strike. Does moving in the distance change how power strike works in other game modes?

No;) Class bonus like last week 50% Assault dmg bonus. This week is Hunter 50% DMG boost doesn't work in Distance.
    Survivors traits working as usual.
  • NeoTheOne said:

There's no problem with the audio, none at all. In fact it was very well done. The voices are clear..

What I was referring to is at around 9 minutes.

It's not that you can't hear at all what they are saying but at least in my device it is quite inaudible and hard to understand - I doubt that it will just be me in the long run whose device makes it hard to understand.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners, Elder in Morbid Spirits, Morbid Saints and Morbid Souls

We are currently recruiting.
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Administrator
    Jaden said:

NeoTheOne said:

There's no problem with the audio, none at all. In fact it was very well done. The voices are clear..

It's not that you can't hear at all what they are saying but at least in my device it is quite inaudible and hard to understand - I doubt that it will just be me in the long run whose device makes it hard to understand.
    Yeah, due to time constraints we had to leave that in. :( Wouldn't have been a First Look if we only got it released after 12PM UTC today ;)
    Jaden
  • Teeceezy said:

Jaden said:

NeoTheOne said:

Yeah, due to time constraints we had to leave that in. :( Wouldn't have been a First Look if we only got it released after 12PM UTC today ;)
    Definitely not. ;)

I've seen other videos where people added subtitles to portions like this when time was short and the audio was a bit off.

Or when something happened like saying hunters when it's actually warriors...

But maybe if you have enough time for the next video something like that won't be needed anyway.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners, Elder in Morbid Spirits, Morbid Saints and Morbid Souls

We are currently recruiting.
  • If we´re facing level 17 walkers with level 18 survivors in the first map, a level 21/22 survivor setup will facing level 20 walkers?

That would lead to level 30 walkers in map 10?

What a pity that the better rewards are somehow unreachable :neutral:
    briancox
  • @Invader I have understand it that way, that all players start at the same level.
    TeeceezyInvaderMattOfEarthLightfeet