The Distance: First Look & Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• > @curlingcoder said:
    > > @TransmuteJun said:
    > > I surprised myself by making it through level 12 and getting the first set of Aaron tokens. It definitely helps to have the missions keep the progress if you have to try again with new survivors. Thanks, NG for the fun missions and rewards! I doubt I'll even get anywhere near the end, but I'm happy with where I ended up.
    > >
    > > I was going to play again, but 400 gold is too much. 40 maybe. If I were spending 400, I'd just buy a components package instead.
    >
    > I agree. 400 is way too much. Maybe the restart should be proportional to how far you got.

I started a thread about this (New gold costs should scale) but it got moved to the wasteland that is "Suggestions and Ideas" so I'm not surprised you didn't see it.
    AlexFiliUK
  • > @tdiddy said:
    > here
    >

I hope someone can make a walkthrough. I got stuck at mission 8/9.
  • It has been a while since going My melee guys still haven't had much of a successful outing when the bruisers stop stunning etc. Not sure I'll be getting much further but least got some components and new badges that are useful.

Вот вот, вышибалы начинают сосать, а не оглушать ходячих, исправте этот баг..
  • Started #11 and got one kill and one almost dead before my squad was wiped out. #11 is a kill all episode, so might lose everyone before I can make it through (3x?).
  • I created this account just to post my disappointment and displeasure with the recent badges update and the distance update.

When I play this game, it's on my phone, I'm not looking for something more intricate than what was already in the game, like traits, different classes, etc. I actually love that aspect. But then here comes the crafting badges ugh. There's like what 5-6 different materials, with ranges from common to legendary, and then you can mix up a bunch of stuff into who knows what.

And to stay competitive or give yourself a running advantage etc, you play, grind even more which there is already grinding just to give yourself an advantage, then going through your selection of characters and micro manage all the badges ugh.

Now the new distance mode, ugh completely awful. Made it to like 7 I think, the one with the level 24 armoured walkers. Welp, considering only a few of my guys are level 19 and the rest are 18 with most not with the greatest gear, it turned into a utter disaster. I ultimately just thought it was too ridiculous hard. Complete overkill.

The mode really only applies to a select few who have everything maxed and probably many pink stars.

Also, too many heroes in the game but not enough hero tokens going around. Not enough ways to get hero tokens. The hero token pool is completely diluted.

Also, what happened to the 15 radios we received for completing trial 5. Oh yeah, you guys are stingy with radios much like the hero tokens.

I play this game cause I love the walking dead but I also loved the game cause it had a casual appeal that I would play you know, casually with a little bit depth with the traits.

Diluted hero token pool, not enough ways to get hero tokens, diluted radio rewards, crappy badges, overkill difficulty on distance, no new content for story mode, poor rewards from challenges, yeah, I'd say you guys are killing this game for a lot casuals.

I think I'm pretty close to done playing this game as it's become more of a chore and grind than fun.
    ljr6jvhv4TheSittingDuckDresden45
  • This just popped into my brain...

If you are using a hero as the leader, and they die first, does their leader trait still apply while on the same attempt?

For instance, if I use Tara and she in instant walker bait after 1-2 moves, but the other two are still alive, do their charge attacks still heal? Or, using Abe or Jesus, and they die first, do the other two still get the health/damage boost? Or Rufus dies first, do the other two still get the CP at the incoming countdown? And so on...
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

EMBRACE THE GRIND
    AlexFiliUKDoTakTimboski
  • It's close to 10am in Finnland, folks had the 2nd coffee already I guess.
    So @Fearofabotplanet, what is the official statement ?
    -----------------
    Former Member of #nocarlclub
  • Ok I see, maybe get a third coffee ;)
    -----------------
    Former Member of #nocarlclub
    GarretInvaderMattOfEarthJaden
  • For The Distance debacle @Fearofabotplanet
  • Boring wrestler mode (
    ljr6jvhv4Loewe1968WhereisHeath
  • Well the motto of my people is "Live Free or Don't".

The reason that my statement is pretty neutral is that it's early days. It still seems really hard for most people to complete The Distance, but if it looks like exploits are undermining the core idea of the game mode (which is that it's really really hard) then perhaps that'll need to be changed in the future. The event will end soon and we'll see how many people have completed it. Note: Those who have completed it and are forum users head over to the check-in thread to claim your badge!

But your responses, and the responses of the wider community, as always are welcome and vital in helping us shape the direction that things are taken. Please bring me back from The Neutral Planet.
    KaLi
  • > @jimmorrison369 said:
    > So I guess it's time to get low level gear with wrestler, cheap ass survivors as sacrifice.
    >
    > No skill needed to win?
    >
    > That is how you want the endgame to be?

that was the idea )
    ljr6jvhv4
  • Please bring me back from The Neutral Planet.

FearofabotplanetSlavaS
  • Don't understand people saying it's too difficult? What people wanted to do it first time and complain that it's boring. It's meant for end game player s so 26+ level 22 with loads of pink stars and even that would be impossible without great badges. That's what your aiming for! It may take a while :smile:. If you just want to casually play it/it's too complicated then Nothing has changed all the extras are completely optional! Loving the update! I also got destroyed on level 9 but I only have level 16 survivors so Chuffed I managed to get that far!
    SlavaSInvaderPoppyLoewe1968Dod
  • PigPig Member

@Fearofabotplanet

It's a serious question though.

Should I start collecting low lvl gear to put on low level survivors?

Forget badges and upgrading survivors?

I agree. I'd like to know as soon as reasonably possible whether this will be changed or not. I might do it on the weekend to grab the forum badge if it's not changed by then. Might as well start gathering gear for it now if that's the case, but don't want to bother if the strategy won't work by then.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    Dodtabernac
  • > @Firekid said:
    > Don't understand people saying it's too difficult? What people wanted to do it first time and complain that it's boring. It's meant for end game player s so 26+ level 22 with loads of pink stars and even that would be impossible without great badges. That's what your aiming for! It may take a while :smile:. If you just want to casually play it/it's too complicated then Nothing has changed all the extras are completely optional! Loving the update! I also got destroyed on level 9 but I only have level 16 survivors so Chuffed I managed to get that far!

It is not difficult, it's not interesting. It is the game first of all. Next step is to get 2000+ stars in chalange with 1 star survivals ) Would be crazy...
  • @Fearofabotplanet
    The rewards really are not that great afterall to encourage people to farm low level wresling gear just to prove you that the whole distance idea is broken so you could make our efforts obsolete and revamp the Distance afterwards.
    ljr6jvhv4SlavaS
  • PigPig Member
    I have a stash of phones that NG will probably never give me a better reason to spend. So if they don't fix it I think I might go for it this weekend. But who knows? Maybe I'll change my mind by then. lol
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
  • I wouldnt call wresling a strategy but rather an exploit which kinda ruined the whole experience for me since i dislike that kind of cheesy gameplay.
    WhereisHeathCaptainslayernadecirDodTheSittingDuck
  • Tapatio75Tapatio75 Member
    edited September 13
    Got 10 Aaron's, I would unlock him on Feb 27, not bad, faster than unlocking Michonne

On a positive note, I got LEG Maggie with the rewards

Restarts in 2 days, so maybe sooner
  • First of all congratulations to the super players that finished the distante
    Besides the money and time invested in the game you have to be a merge of Ronaldo and Mesie to figth 41 level foes, even if u have 56 top of the art survivors
    My soul rested on the 13 stage and to be true I did not have the will and capacity to go further
    Maybe I must sell my porsche and try the distance on a different aproach
    I like the game and sometimes like those who invented it, I like to gain more than I m supposed to gain
    More than 100 euros for some of the crates? Come on guys have pitty on me, I just have two porsches not a garage full of them