The Distance: First Look & Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• If we want the distance to work plus not changing the wrestler trait, no saving progress should be allowd on each round. But the problem sould continue to exist, the enemy is far to powerful.
  • CRUSHCRUSH Member
    edited September 14
    How about saving the progress from one Distance-Event to the next and let the player decide to continue or reset once for free (including restart after finishing) per event and save the damage of enemies, if all three survivor fail?

Sorry if it was suggested before.
  • Can't agree more @OneLessTitan.
    Was fun until it wasn't, and that was abrupt. I think ramping the difficulty way down, such that it still felt challenging for top geared players to make it to the end without gaming the system would be a good start. I'm happy to get what rewards I can playing with normal strategies, but I am not going to enlist an army of sacrificial lowbies to cheese my way to the end, even if that means not getting those bruiser tokens that are just out of reach. |-]
    General_QuatreAlexFiliUK
  • I think the difficulty ramped up way too high for The Pit and I'm glad that is being looked into. Hope they change it up every now and again by putting some rarer tokens in there as rewards like, Merle, Carl, Gabriel etc.
  • I think the fragments and components at the end should be legendary. After making it through it kinda sucks that all the epic pieces I received turned into rare badges.
    jimmorrison369
  • How do we get the beat the distance badge?
    banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
    ... .... ..- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. / --. .-. .. -- . -.--
  • I'm not well versed in the lingo used here so when people use acronyms and abbreviations because they are too lazy to type, I skip to the next legible post.

I have roughly 14 out of 30 characters that I feel are adequate enough to play The Distance. I have a few with one pink star on the verge of two pink stars. None of my hero characters have 5 white stars except Daryl.

I have level 24-25 weapons and armor. I've got a few good badges after blowing 20k gold but nothing close to what I'd expect for $100

Diablo was a $50 pc game and you could play forever without ever reopening your wallet.

I've probably spent upwards of $1k with this game but thanks to 2.7 and The Distance, I will not put one more penny in this game.

I will play in what ever free capacity I can and move onto a less greedy game.

I tried three times, so I was an idiot and spent the
    400 gold to restart but can't clear The Pit, level 9.
    PoppyFirekidJackBauerSurvivor6ixWellyLuga
  • Im dissapointed in the distance for one main reason. I can play having Outpost Level 18 with lower level survivors - in my case its level 15. And first mission has enemies at level 17. So basically there is no way I will finish it, heck even get to the half of it (second try and stuck in pit again). So it seems I would have to max survivors to even get a shot in going "the distance". Which is stupid in my opinion. Why enemies are not calculated in the similar way they are for the Challenge? Specially when Im allowed to play with lower level survivors.
  • @Fearofabotplanet @Shteevie

Will the rewards and or the Distance Missions Change weekly or every few Weeks?
  • @Zenica the pits hard but I managed it with level 16 survivors and only 3 have pink stars! Use the earlier rounds to charge up your people and then unleash them when things get hard! Hoping for one better by next Saturday. My bruiser should be pink star by then! I know I won't finish it but i love the levels and the fact every hit counts!
    MystiqueZenicasligoem
  • ZenicaZenica Member
    edited September 17
    @Firekid
    I find it incredulous that you'd suggest level 16 is all it takes when many, myself included, with level 22 characters are unable to complete it yet you did with level 16. The general consensus is The Pit is imbalanced, your opinion not withstanding. The keeping of charged skills for later levels is well known but it isn't a silver bullet.
  • I beat The Pit the first time after loosing a few characters in the process. But on Saturday, i used the first 8(?) missions prior to the pit to gain full charges on as many characters as possible, esspecially assaults. This time when The Pit came around, i used an assault charge, and 2 regular attacks, followed by another turn of assault charge and 2 follow up attacks, and by that time, there werent any armored standing. Wasnt too difficult to keep the normal walkers at bay after that.

My point is, use the lower levels to build charges across your whole roster, if you can. If another Pit-like level is debuted on Tuesday, you'll be far better prepared!
  • avelardezavelardez Member
    edited September 18
    Done with it and was not a real challenge. I need something harder. Nothing but child's play as I said before.
    Bill_ZRTZenica
  • avelardez said:

Done with it and was not a real challenge. I need something harder. Nothing but child's play as I said before.

Having all enemies vanish on a map tends to make it trivial. Don't worry... once the bug with the freemen is fixed, you'll have your wish.
    Want to send me a private message? Just click here: @Bill_ZRT

If I'm bitten by a zombie, I'm probably not telling you.
    If you don't think that's bad, guess what, then you're tacky, too.
    tabernacmimica
  • Bill_ZRT said:

As long as all the other freemen bugs will be fixed too ;)
  • How do you use this wrestler thing everyone is talking about, I still don't see how you make it with LLS because you can't put your high gear on them so how do they get wrestler then, I want to know the trick to this so I understand
  • MetalMetal Member
    edited September 18
    How do you use this wrestler thing everyone is talking about, I still don't see how you make it with LLS because you can't put your high gear on them so how do they get wrestler then, I want to know the trick to this so I understand what the cheese way to win is and I have all maxed out players but level13 I go right into wrestler, don't see how u move on
  • You put level appropriate Wrestler gear on them.
  • Metal said:

How do you use this wrestler thing everyone is talking about, I still don't see how you make it with LLS because you can't put your high gear on them so how do they get wrestler then, I want to know the trick to this so I understand what the cheese way to win is and I have all maxed out players but level13 I go right into wrestler, don't see how u move on

Have a look at the video section and watch Terminate´s video to get an idea...

I might be too stupid to replay it this way...or I just don´t have that strong survivors :D
  • @Metal
    There are 2 ways to acquire low level wrestler armor:
    1. Do Season or highlight mission, preferable Tara's Beach Life.
    2. Call out new survivor, some of them carry wrestler trait armor.
  • I just give Eugene wrestler gear and send him to the middle of the pack. If he wins the wrestle he dies next go anyway and then gets eaten.

In fact I only see the second part of that as a reason for using LLS.
    DBonesSCBMATJS
  • > @Neil_J said:
    > I was expecting the end level to be somewhere between 25-30 so all players had a fair chance if reaching the end. As it was, only by using the wrestling trait did it seem that completion was possible which somewhat takes the skill aspect out of it. So, about level 12 for me, then back to the challenge.
    >
    > But please, please, please, make it simpler to swap gear between peeps! I just can't be bothered with all the messing about that it currently entails.

@Shteevie seriously I've been playing this game for a month or so now and in if the first thing I noticed is how annoying it is to swap gear between survivors. Why have you not allowed a way to do this seamlessly
    Invader
  • @zenica I am only talking about the pit yeah? Not the entire distance! But yeah if I can get through the pit with level 16's then Shirley everyone should be able to with lvl 22's?
  • PigPig Member
    Yeah, @Shirley. Didn't you think of that?
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    TJStpips42FirekidJaden