Advice for the Distance

JayZJayZ Member
As we all travel through the Distance together today, let's share helpful hints to help others out. Mods, I would appreciate it if this thread is NOT merged with the discussion thread so the posts don't get lost in 10 pages of random chatter.

I'll start with a few.

1. Build up those charge points early. It might be tempting to run through the maps with your best team of Assaults, but I don't think you should undervalue the importance of taking your time and using a different team in each of the first five missions. I'm personally getting my Shooters and Bruisers ready because they're usually harder to charge up on higher level missions because they only hit a limited number of targets, while Assaults are usually pretty easy to charge with the waves of incoming walkers.

2. Take your time. This goes without saying. All damage carries over, so be wary of blind corners, spawns, etc. There aren't that many maps so it's worth the 60 or so seconds it takes to swap gear around.

3. Bring Tara. I think her leader ability will be super important at high levels.

4. Use your free 1 radio calls to get a team of sacrificial scouters. This will help you optimize your lineups at higher levels and avoid accidentally bringing the wrong survivors for a mission and taking more damage than necessary.

5. On maps where you have to stand near a gate for many turns, I recommend bringing Assaults with Sure Shot. They provide excellent crowd control (many of these maps are wide, instead of skinny) and the critical hits will make things a LOT easier.

6. @OneLessTitan has some other tips and is posting the maps! See here: https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/the-distance/

7. Advice for map 9: This map has almost a dozen level 25 armored walkers.
- I escaped with no damage with a team of fully charged Assaults. They're great for crowd control and keeping the armored walkers at bay.
- From @MattOfEarth - "On my first go at 9/21, I got my burro handed to me, all 3 dead. But, I managed to take out most of the Armored. On my 2nd go, there was only one Armored and one less turn on the gate. Progress on levels counts, even if you die."
TeeceezyFearofabotplanetcylonnumbersixMattOfEarthMrsScattercushionInvaderI_Am_PsychoDLichblack_ninessligoemMonsutaautumn_ashrfg1982PapacasJadenTotallyatrainofficialjamminFOE

Comments

• Tara is invaluable here. On, I think, the 5th or 6th map there was a sneaky Grenader hiding behind a corner and she and another teammate took massive damage. I stayed on the map longer than I could have and managed to charge attack them both back to 100%.
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

EMBRACE THE GRIND
    sligoemJaden
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member
    edited September 12
    Looking forward to seeing team info for some of the higher levels
    Share your map tips here and what team works well for certain maps

@JayZ
    Good idea about using lower level srvrs as bait/scouts
  • warwar Member
    My Carol and Sasha already died. Beware there is map full of armored walkers, a gate you have to open, and about 4 rounds until the next wave of walkers comes. I have no idea how to pass that one.
    MattOfEarthPapacasWhispererTotally
  • war said:

I have no idea how to pass that one.

With some charged up assaults?
  • @JayZ your Number 1 is very important. Especially later on when it gets tough and you know the odds your team is going to die... Have those charge points built up and ready to go!!
    Need to find a guild? Click here
    Need some strategy? Click here
    Have a suggestion? Click here
    Having an issue? Click here
    Want to have some fun? Click here
    Looking for some pasta that's creepy? Click here
    Want to hear what I have to say about this game? Click here
    MattOfEarth
  • warwar Member
    Invader said:

war said:

I have no idea how to pass that one.

With some charged up assaults?
    They don't stun them. I get body shots.
  • Tara's healing charge didn't work for my now dead hunter.
    CaptainslayerJayZbigbeano
  • war said:

They don't stun them. I get body shots.

Oops :neutral:
  • This is rough. I just finished level 6 and I've already lost 7 of my 24 survivors. Levels 20 & 21 survivors, already facing level 24 walkers. It's safe to say I will NOT be going the distance until I can get more fully upgraded survivors and gear.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

IGN: xxarea83xx
    Guild: Anti Walkers
    Player Level: 65
  • Just passed mission 7 and out of gas. It's been okay so far except I just made a foolish misstep with Tara and now she's in red. I'm annoyed with myself as I took her along to heal up two other survivors and it worked perfectly as they seem to be back to full health. Oh well, live and learn.
  • Monsuta said:

Are you sure? Assault can use their charge attack to stun armored walkers no matter how high their level are. Of course it must be using machine gun.

Nope. I had non stunnable armored walkers too in the last challenge.
    MattOfEarthMonsutaAval0n
  • No need to rush this. This event runs twice a week.
    I'd rather use the gas to farm XP scavenge missions to take advantage of the 5sec upgrade event that runs today.
    AlexFiliUK
  • CRUSHCRUSH Member
    edited September 12
    war said:

My Carol and Sasha already died. Beware there is map full of armored walkers, a gate you have to open, and about 4 rounds until the next wave of walkers comes. I have no idea how to pass that one.

It is round nine.
    I hit the wall.

MattOfEarth
  • InvaderInvader Member
    edited September 12
    Better bring one or two charged assaults to this party :D

Level 21 bruisers with 23 weapons didn´t stun level 25 walkers btw...

bigbeano
  • Yup, learnt that one the hard way too!
    Invader
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member
    edited September 12
    > @Invader said:
    > Nope. I had non stunnable armored walkers too in the last challenge.

Pics or it didn't happen. >:)
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
    tpips42
  • Tara's leader trait isn't working in this new mode.
    BBRi
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member
    edited September 12

Tara's leader trait isn't working in this new mode.

yes it is.
    Working fine for me
    Once a srvr is charged up, use the charge and they will be healed
    I use the charge before leaving the map so I am fully healed

InvaderMattOfEarthBBRi
  • How about using the map number when giving advice?
    Say 9/21 or whatever when referring to a map
  • Monsuta said:

Pics or it didn't happen. >:)

I´m playing on a old pc...no chance to record every mission while I´m playing.

But it was on the fourth mission and on rsl 28 or 29...
    bigbeano
  • I have not started 9/21 yet
    Waiting for gas tank to fill

A guild member said it was brutal on him :)

Anyone want to film 9/21 so we can see it first :)
  • EL34xyz said:

Thx...already lost 6 survivors on map 8 :D
  • Invader said:

EL34xyz said:

Thx...already lost 6 survivors on map 8 :D
    I am good, no damage yet and fully charged up when I enter 9/21 :)
    I am using Tara and making sure I exit the maps with full health
  • On my first go at 9/21, I got my burro handed to me, all 3 dead. But, I managed to take out most of the Armored. On my 2nd go, there was only one Armored and one less turn on the gate. Progress on levels counts, even if you die.

awesome info, thanks
    I'll go in with a C team to scout it out first
    MattOfEarth
  • warwar Member
    edited September 12

On my first go at 9/21, I got my burro handed to me, all 3 dead. But, I managed to take out most of the Armored. On my 2nd go, there was only one Armored and one less turn on the gate. Progress on levels counts, even if you die.

Why didn't they tell us that? Or did they?
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member
    edited September 12
    war said:

On my first go at 9/21, I got my burro handed to me, all 3 dead. But, I managed to take out most of the Armored. On my 2nd go, there was only one Armored and one less turn on the gate. Progress on levels counts, even if you die.

Why didn't they tell us that? Or did they?
    I saw the info here, but it did not sink in until just now
    https://nextgames.helpshift.com/a/the-walking-dead-no-man-s-land/?s=what-s-new-in-the-latest-update-2-7&f=what-is-the-distance&l=en

If you accomplish a mission objective only partially before your team is lost or you flee, the progress will carry over to your next attempt.
    However, enemies’ health will be returned to full between attempts.
    Taking down one enemy to advance the mission Objective is better than partially damaging lots of enemies.
    MattOfEarthI_Am_PsychoMrsScattercushion
  • Progress on levels counts, even if you die.

That makes the Distance fun...died on two levels and after re-entering the area I was rubbin my eyes because there were no walkers :smiley:
    MadPuppy
  • EL34xyz said:

Once a srvr is charged up, use the charge and they will be healed
    I use the charge before leaving the map so I am fully healed

Tara AND the other survivors have to be charged? And then use Tara´s charge to heal?

Was always confused about her trait...and still am.