Crafting parts not dropping

Hey I've seen a few screenshots of people with 10 or more badges and I've only gotten 2 from the free components that were given out as an update gift. I'm not getting ANY components from missions like at all! It's to the point where I think my game might be broken! Is it? Or am I doing something wrong? I've done A TON of missions since the update and not ONCE have I gotten any components!
AlexFiliUKLariDixon

Comments

• Are you playing missions above RSL 15?
  • > @Mabiki said:
    > Are you playing missions above RSL 15?

RSL 15? I'm not sure what that means but I've been playing hard scavenger missions and I've completed the "campaign" (or at least all the story missions that are out now) how rare are they to find??
  • MabikiMabiki Member
    edited September 12
    RSL means "recommended survivor level." Components only drop if it is a recommended survivor level of 15 or above, but it sounds like you should be meeting that threshold. Not sure what the problem could be otherwise. Components/fragments are sort of rare, but I'm finding them in a lot of post-mission crates and cinema ads. At least enough to craft a badge every day, even if it's just common. Forgive me for stating the obvious, but you did build the scavenger building, right?
  • Maybe you haven't built the Scavenger building. If that is not built, you cannot find any components at all.
  • Is it official from NG it has to be RSL 15 or above for parts to potentially drop?
    Need to find a guild? Click here
    Need some strategy? Click here
    Have a suggestion? Click here
    Having an issue? Click here
    Want to have some fun? Click here
    Looking for some pasta that's creepy? Click here
    Want to hear what I have to say about this game? Click here
  • > @Mabiki said:
    > RSL means "recommended survivor level." Components only drop if it is a recommended survivor level of 15 or above, but it sounds like you should be meeting that threshold. Not sure what the problem could be otherwise. Components/fragments are sort of rare, but I'm finding them in a lot of post-mission crates and cinema ads. At least enough to craft a badge every day, even if it's just common. Forgive me for stating the obvious, but you did build the scavenger building, right?

I've built the scavenger building and no I just did about 8 missions and not 1 component :(
  • I think @Mabiki is confused with The Distance. Since at first, The Distance had a Council level 15 requirement in order to participate in The Distance, which later was changed to level 18.
  • > @Mabiki said:
    > RSL means "recommended survivor level." Components only drop if it is a recommended survivor level of 15 or above, but it sounds like you should be meeting that threshold. Not sure what the problem could be otherwise. Components/fragments are sort of rare, but I'm finding them in a lot of post-mission crates and cinema ads. At least enough to craft a badge every day, even if it's just common. Forgive me for stating the obvious, but you did build the scavenger building, right?

And all the missions were RSL 19!
  • MabikiMabiki Member
    edited September 12
    @maylifebe
    I'm not confused. It requires council level 15 to build scavenger and crafting buildings, as stated in the official announcement thread, and I think Shteevie or Fearofabotplanet stated in one of the other threads parts would only drop at that RSL or above - presumably so farming Tara season missions wouldn't work.
  • @DLich
    I'm pretty confident. But I'll see if I can track it down.
  • Oh right.
  • @DLich

Confirmed, from Shteevie in the closed 2.7 pre-release thread.

" Components will come from any post-mission crate for a mission of difficulty [aka RSL] 15 or greater. They won't show up after every mission, but you can get them from Challenges, Season Trials, or other sufficiently-difficult missions. No separate chore of grinding missions only for these and no other rewards."
    DLichTJSAuroraW
  • @Mabiki thank you kindly. With all these threads it's easy to get lost. Much appreciated you taking the effort to clarify.

Explains why Tara missions are a waste. That helps players like myself whom might have missed that important note.
    Need to find a guild? Click here
    Need some strategy? Click here
    Have a suggestion? Click here
    Having an issue? Click here
    Want to have some fun? Click here
    Looking for some pasta that's creepy? Click here
    Want to hear what I have to say about this game? Click here
  • > @Mabiki said:
    > @DLich
    >
    > Confirmed, from Shteevie in the closed 2.7 pre-release thread.
    >
    > " Components will come from any post-mission crate for a mission of difficulty [aka RSL] 15 or greater. They won't show up after every mission, but you can get them from Challenges, Season Trials, or other sufficiently-difficult missions. No separate chore of grinding missions only for these and no other rewards."

Ok I deleted and reinstalled the game and the first scavenger mission I did I got a 1* cloth so WOOHOO!!! I guess maybe that fixed it? Or I just had the WORST luck possible and deleting the game had nothing to do with it
    TJS
  • @Allout12

Either way, glad it's fixed for you so you can start powering up with Badges.

@DLich

You're welcome. There is a lot of info and lots of threads. I knew what I was looking for and still took me a while to find it.
    Allout12TJSLariDixon
  • Exactly why I'm here! I may have to delete the game and reinstall too. I've been going on missions like crazy with the 1 min gas event and I even bought a gas booster for the 5 seconds upgrade event. Many were difficulty 15. Out of all the missions, only 1 component from the crates.

Question answered! Thanks
  • AmigaAmiga Member
    edited September 14
    Components.. No problem.. But fragments?? Where are they??... Oh Yes..in component shop ;/
    TimboskiZette