Congrats to the Distance NG!

InvaderInvader Member
This game mode is hard to insane...but as we see not hard enough for some high level players.

I made it just to level 13...but I enjoyed it very much!

I was afraid that the different counting on damage to other game modes would produce many bugs...but: nothing!

Well programmed... @Shteevie

I like the challenge and the rewards...next time I´ll finish level 14.

Thx <3

Addition: I had to give some positive feedback finally as I´m known as a big complainer ;)
MrsScattercushionCarlyzbotflyingcowkingjimmorrison369MabikiPoppyJerryDixonPigZetteCzarnyJoKarajocaSCBMAsuzequeueAlexFiliUK

Comments

• I agree there were no bugs that was well-executed. The problem I'm having is this game is no more fun it's just a chore I don't even look forward to playing. Adding new things to collect which are impossible to find and random just isn't doing it. I'm going to find a new zombie game.
    PoppyADPaq
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member
    edited September 13
    They didn't balance it like the challenges. Trying to force everyone to upgrade to level 22.
    KyrusR2runfastAlexFiliUK
  • TheBRADLeyBTheBRADLeyB Member
    edited September 13
    The Distance had me excited but it feels to me, in only my opinion, like it's a very unbalanced money grab. Whether it's forcing people to buy unlimited gas or gold to heal or restart, it's all about the money signs.

I'm envious. I also like money.
  • It's a fun mode but not worth it if you play for rewards (in my opinion) even the later stages (if you can get to them)epic componets are hardly worth spending gold and gas or upgrading survivors if not ready to. But I do enjoy it and will play it on Tuesdays (Wednesday's for me) I just won't use gold or upgrade my survivors
    Elder and recruiter for thelostslayers (top 25 global guild) and sister group tlsII
    Message me on here or find me on the line app captainlost

Currently looking for 2 members to join our guild

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
  • Meh. I've got 47 level 22's. Nearly all non heroes have one pink star. Two stars for two characters in each class except bruiser, where I have one three star and two one's. Nearly all level 25 gear for all 2/3 stars. About 10 heroes at legendary, most well geared.

And, I'm sorry to say I wasn't surprised when the Distance levels offered lousy rewards, even at the highest levels, and that I was only able to complete 13 of 21.

There is no point to killing off the 26 remaining survivors, just to maybe get one more reward, a legendary level 22 bruiser weapon. Besides the ones my bruisers have, I have 5 unused legendary level 22 bats just sitting there unused.

Reset? I read elsewhere it's 400 gold to reset. Why? For some bottom level crafting components? Nope. No, thanks.

Folks, and by this I mean the team at NG, this TV show is eight seasons old. Yes, the storyline could go on forever in the comics. But TV doesn't work that way.

My point is, game expansions like this are a necessary aspect to player retention. So are meaningful progression and attainable rewards. The Distance offers neither.

Everyone is entitled to their own views, and this happens to be mine. If others love the Distance, great. Enjoy. I'm glad the release was executed smoothly, and others do seem to like it. I just see it as more of the same, just packaged differently.
    WhereisHeathSteeboonpsychwolfMrSorrow
  • I love it!
  • I enjoyed the new game mode and was fairly satisified with the rewards. Replay cost is too pricey, but that just means I won't replay it.

I hope they can close the loophole that has been discovered without causing any headaches to the majority of players. Limiting the roster to the team you have at the start seems like the best way, assuming it can be programmed without any unintended side effects.
    TJSbriancox
  • Just keep the loophole open for another cpl weeks so I can gather radios and low gear

Morning at NG headquarters is sure to be interesting. Oh, to be a fly on that wall...
    bigbeanoGarret
  • > @Mabiki said:
    > Just keep the loophole open for another cpl weeks so I can gather radios and low gear
    >
    > Morning at NG headquarters is sure to be interesting. Oh, to be a fly on that wall...

No doubt. Sad really.
    -The Bull
  • Awesome work on the distance. Reinvigorated my interest in the game. The grind was wearing me out, now I have a new grind to aim for. Only got to 13/21 with mostly level 20s and 4x21s. Happy with a new way to earn badge fragments and components easily. Fun new challenge. Thanks! Can't believe a lot of people have completed it already. Well done to them.
  • Mabiki said:

I enjoyed the new game mode and was fairly satisified with the rewards. Replay cost is too pricey, but that just means I won't replay it.

I hope they can close the loophole that has been discovered without causing any headaches to the majority of players. Limiting the roster to the team you have at the start seems like the best way, assuming it can be programmed without any unintended side effects.

Which loophole?
  • Which loophole?

Using LLS with wrestler trait to get further in Distance...
  • Gotcha. I had a feeling, although I'm not sure it technically qualifies as a "loophole" per se...
    InvaderTimboski
  • HadrhuneHadrhune Member
    edited September 13
    The Distance? Well ... I LOVE the opening screen at the beggining of each mission ... and thats basically it. :) Dont wana use wrestling so I recon I will never go too far unless the difficulty gets adjusted at some point in the distant future.
  • i like it. the rewards are good....much better than farming for hours on end with no challenge to try and find badge fragments.

400 gold to reset and get the mass amount of fragments you get in the first 10 levels (even if you aren't high level player you should get close to lvl 10) YES PLEASE!

and using lls wrestle isn't a new technique.....been there for a long time. wrestling is the only way to get to high levels in the challenge too (29-30 and above depending on challenge)
    at least in the distance there aren't any healing times...so why wouldn't you want to wrestle?
    Guild - MAVERICKS OG
    Part of the MAVERICKS Family.
    KillersZJackBauerFester17
  • I liked it. I thought the reset was worth it. The rewards for 400 gold were better than spending 500 gold on a component crate and I got some Darryl and Maggie tokens. They've made some mistakes on previous updates but I think this one is great.
    abailey362Captainslayer
  • @abailey362 @t777jb You realize 400 gold would get you 40 scavenger missions, right?
    Captainslayer
  • @abailey362 @t777jb You realize 400 gold would get you 40 scavenger missions, right?

and out of 40 scavenge missions, you may get 25-30 low level components

some of the distance missions gave you 10 quality ones
    Guild - MAVERICKS OG
    Part of the MAVERICKS Family.
    jimmorrison369
  • painwalkerpainwalker Content Creator
    Every change NG does for the better
    Every change NG does is for the better. :)

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnu91DEXHRfzGIZP1MKLU6Q
    paintbeastbigbeanotdiddyCaptainslayerGeneral_Quatre
  • Who are the better?
    Captainslayer
  • painwalkerpainwalker Content Creator
    edited September 14
    @Monsuta I believe there was a typo and you meant “player experience” ;)
    Every change NG does is for the better. :)

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnu91DEXHRfzGIZP1MKLU6Q
  • Monsuta said:

Every change NG does is for the better revenue

I fixed that for you, no need to thank me. ;)
    Lmao, that's so true after the current update! Everything is tied up to gold spending - healing, restart but the most painfull is badge unequip cost, way too much considering switching it to make a set (and you get at least two new badges a week). It'll be harder and harder to compete for f2p players without their own pile gold...
    Monsuta