How far did YOU go in The Distance?

Comments

• Got bored at mission 15, only wrestling from then on. Kept pushing anyways, until i ran out of time on mission 21.
    I will most certainly not play beyond mission 15 come saturday.
    It's a bummer, i like the concept behind The Distance.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    apply to 'RickRollers Gym' or contact me on 'Line' Chat: Putchuco
    mik81Aval0nWeekOne
  • Got stuck at mission 8... those armoured walkers just wouldn't die.
  • My survivors are only lvl 15. Before I got my ass handed to me.
  • Concludes everything, but NG did not release my victory :s :|

JackBauerflyingcowking
  • I got to 13, will probably go a bit further Saturday now that I know more about what I'm getting into.

I really like the idea of the Distance but I feel the execution leaves a lot to be desired. I don't see the appeal of a mode where the endgame requires exploitation of mechanics like suicide bombing wrestlers and retreating over and over after two rounds of shooting to chip away at enemies with minimal contact. Why make a game mode that you essentially can't finish with "clean" gameplay? It would be bad enough even if it was only possible for those who have invested absurd amounts of time and money. I'll probably still keep playing it, but it feels a bit pointless as it is.
  • Finished 20/21 on the last map the bug never appeared for me and I run out of gas, impossible kill those lv41 freemen
    flyingcowking
  • 12/21, which surprised me since I only have 27 toons.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • 13/21, but it's OK.
  • mimica said:

Finished 20/21 on the last map the bug never appeared for me and I run out of gas, impossible kill those lv41 freemen

What is this freemen bug that everyone keeps cryptically referring to? We're OK with taking about the C-W-R-R strategy, but no one wants to point this out, or did I just miss the memo?
  • Thanks. So survivors flee or die, and next round the freemen magically disappear, leaving a clear path to the exit and no one to fight. Now I understand why people said it might not have been beaten if not for the bug.
  • I got to Level 9. I've been working on my survivors and equipment for the next one.
    TJS
  • 11/21 23/42 survivors left. Just didn't want to switch out equipment on my B/C survivors..
    Jenng
  • i got to 12/21. YAY ME!

and to those that made The Distance all the way by wrestling, shooting, fleeing, spending, crying, or however u did it... CONGRATS.
    My peanut butter chocolate cake with Kool-Aid
    KillersZpaintbeastJenng
  • Not that far, got a bit boring once I was stuck
    Timboski
  • I only completed 8/21, but I only have level 19 survivors and heroes, no pink stars, only F2P weapons and gear... I've NEVER spent anything other than time on this game... Although, I like this idea and think difficulty is a good thing rather than bad, The Distance did nothing but confirm my disdain for spending money on a game like this, especially, when there are so many other bugs, exploits, tactical anomalies, lags, or other player desires that haven't been and may never be addressed.
    paintbeastAlexFiliUK
  • TweetyBirdTweetyBird Member
    edited September 15
    12/21 which seems to be in the average
  • I got thru 12 and was happy with that. Got my first 10 Aaron tokens and was happy with that. And Ill be happy just getting thru 13 or 14 on Saturday. Looking forward to playing it again.
  • Chrang said:

I only completed 8/21, but I only have level 19 survivors and heroes, no pink stars, only F2P weapons and gear... I've NEVER spent anything other than time on this game... Although, I like this idea and think difficulty is a good thing rather than bad, The Distance did nothing but confirm my disdain for spending money on a game like this, especially, when there are so many other bugs, exploits, tactical anomalies, lags, or other player desires that haven't been and may never be addressed.

I'm stuck on mission 9 too. Most of my survivors are level 18/19 and unfortunately one hit from a walker is enough to put it into the "grabbed" state, and since the armoured walkers have so much health, there's no way I can even kill one of them with a full team without being killed by other enemies. Not sure if they did end up making The Pit easier but it certainly didn't feel that way to me.
  • Figuratively I'll say 2nd base...... Final answer. :p
    ☠️Elder of DeadFamily guild ❤️ Get your dead on! ☠️
    QB34MystiquebigbeanoBill_ZRT
  • Second base is a good time
    Next Games is always refuckulating the game.
    Jenngbigbeanotpips42
  • I stopped ar 12/21 this time. Not worth the gas for me to push further for more bruiser gear when I still have Challenge missions left.

Really disappointed to hear the Freemen bug on final map hasn't been fixed as promised.
    psychwolfTJSmik81
  • I got to 13/21 this time. I vaguely debated trying the LLS + wrestler thing, but didn't have low level armor with the trait, so it was just me barely able to deal with level 29 walkers/guards.
    Timboski
  • LLS isn't required. I have all 22's and gold wrestler pops every time. Even silver wrestler pops. The RSL is so high it doesn't matter. Didn't help me get to the end though. I did get to 14 (13 last time.). I should have stopped at 13 again. Last time I had 1/2 a day left to raid. Without gas booster it's no fun waiting all day for gas to wrestle for a bruiser weapon that only has silver stun. I won't do that again next week.
  • TJSTJS Member
    14/21 this time. I might have gotten through #15 if I didn't make a very basic mistake
  • I'm at 9/21 this time and I have to say I have almost no desire to push any further. In fact, overall I'm incredibly underwhelmed by the new game mode and next week I'll just play the easy levels for the freebies and then revert back to the challenge.
  • Map 12 is bugged aswell.
    The last bruiser freeman disappeared and I was able to walk through

• Got to map 13 relatively normal, lot of cheese beating 13 to 21.