The Distance, Round Passes, and Level 22 Survivors

So I, like many others, have only upgraded 2 survivors to level 22 because of the challenge star handicap. I'm curious as to what the community thinks now that The Distance has been released and that Round Passes are a thing. I know the passes don't alleviate the handicap, but they can eliminate some of the grind allowing me to go further with my time. Just watching some videos today of major players "going the distance", it seems like many have just given in and upgraded their crew to 22. Thoughts?
Leader of Rise or Die

Comments

• My thoughts are just do it. It will test your real potential and the power is amazing.
    crambert_necJayZMattOfEarth
  • I'm kinda feeling that too but would like more input from the competitive community as well
    Leader of Rise or Die
  • How competitive are you in challenges? I only earn 1000-1100 stars per week, so I don't care that much about the very minor loss in stars that comes from upgrading to 22.
    TechfallMattOfEarth
  • the stars you "lose" by upgrading can easily be made up with upgraded toons. the impact isn't like it was going from 20 to 21, because ng fixed the stat leveling months ago.
    almost everyone in our guild family that has upgraded to all 22s, including myself, are scoring higher than we did before the level changes, now that we have gear leveled up to match the player level.
    Guild - MAVERICKS OG & MavRickRollers
    Alt - Leader of MAVERICKS NOC
    Part of the MAVERICKS Family.
    crambert_necMattOfEarth
  • I'm usually about 1200+ and I'm fairly high up in my local rankings, so I'd like to keep that lol. 76 stars is still a significant amount at the late stage of the challenge. But with the round passes, I have less initial grind and therefore can have more time with the high RSL. Usually time is what kills me. I run out of time after wrestling through the high levels. I don't buy gold so I only have a finite amount to spend on healing each week. Plus I would like the extra firepower.
    Leader of Rise or Die
  • since the introduction of badges that can be put on any survivor regardless of lvl; you could potentially just add a few badges to each one to make up the difference.

I don't have the exact numbers but a lvl 22 weapon compared to a lvl 21 weapon is about 300 damage difference. a lvl 22 survivor compared to a lvl 21 survivor is I think about 200 damage difference. That can potentially be made up in a few badges.

Regarding the distance it seems all you need is wrestler.

If you're at 2 lvl 22's I'd suggest staying there IMO until you have 4-5 survivors that have 4-5 badges each as well as full lvl 22 base gear upgraded.

This way when you upgrade a survivor they'll already be ahead of the game.
    Need to find a guild? Click here
    Need some strategy? Click here
    Have a suggestion? Click here
    Having an issue? Click here
    Want to have some fun? Click here
    Looking for some pasta that's creepy? Click here
    Want to hear what I have to say about this game? Click here
    Coonpaintbeast
  • So basically I really do want to upgrade but I'm just wondering if it's worth it haha. Seems like it now more than ever
    Leader of Rise or Die
  • @DLich I don't have that many badges but I do have full sets of level 25 gear for those I haven't upgraded yet
    Leader of Rise or Die
  • @crambert_nec since there's no horizon timeline of when any "lost stars" issue will be fixed you'd be sacrificing 76 stars in the challenge for the ability to maybe make it 1 extra lvl in the distance.

IMO if you have lvl 21 with proper gear I believe you can make it further in the distance than lvl 22 without proper gear. If you do the survivor upgrade without a weapons/armor upgrade you're getting 200 extra damage max but your gear won't be any better unless you've prepared by getting gear ready.

When I say further I mean like literally 1 or 2 stages at max. It's not like upgrading your 3rd lvl 22 is going to let you make it to the end.

It would seem that in the distance a lvl 21 survivor with lvl 24 wrestler has just as much a chance as a lvl 22 survivor with lvl 24 wrestler. I wouldn't take the 76 star loss (10% if you normally finish around 760)
    Need to find a guild? Click here
    Need some strategy? Click here
    Have a suggestion? Click here
    Having an issue? Click here
    Want to have some fun? Click here
    Looking for some pasta that's creepy? Click here
    Want to hear what I have to say about this game? Click here
  • abailey362abailey362 Member
    edited September 13
    with this mindset, why upgrade your survivors past level 10? you are losing 1200 stars by upgrading from 10 to 21
    MattOfEarth
  • TJSTJS Member
    > @abailey362 said:
    > with this mindset, why upgrade your survivors past level 10? you are losing 1200 stars by upgrading from 10 to 21

lvl10 to lvl21 is a long way apart.

If you're scoring 1200 stars with lvl10s you must know something no one else knows. Are you sure you have your numbers correct?
    crambert_necJadenbigbeano
  • TJS said:

> @abailey362 said:

> with this mindset, why upgrade your survivors past level 10? you are losing 1200 stars by upgrading from 10 to 21

lvl10 to lvl21 is a long way apart.

If you're scoring 1200 stars with lvl10s you must know something no one else knows. Are you sure you have your numbers correct?

it was sarcasm, but using the same logic.

looking at leveling up as losing stars is completely ignoring what you gain by having higher level toons. the boost of upgrading from 21 to 22, plus the difference in lvl 25 weapons vs 24 is 400-600 depending on class. this is more than enough for most players to get through one more level in a challenge, which will net more stars than what you "lose" by not having the other 2 repeats at lower level.
    TechfallMattOfEarth
  • TJSTJS Member
    @abailey362
    Yes your correct. There's been so much discussion about this, it's almost painful.
    (Probably best to leave out the sarcasm if you are looking for the best advice)
  • TJS said:

@abailey362

Yes your correct. There's been so much discussion about this, it's almost painful.

(Probably best to leave out the sarcasm if you are looking for the best advice)

I wasn't looking for advice, just tired of hearing everyone constantly complaining about everything in the game. i am a firm believer that upgrading gives you more of an advantage than trying to game the rsl equations. i have 21 lvl 22 survivors on my main account and do 1100+ per week in challenges
    TJS
  • i have 30 lvl 22 guys and its great. you have to spend some gold to compete with those with only two level 22's , but if your just playing for fun upgrade and enjoy