Should NG remove the Wrestler trait?

This is an anonymous poll. Identity of the voters will not be revealed.

Should NG remove the Wrestler trait? 96 votes

Yes
9% 9 votes
No
90% 87 votes

Comments

• LOL :D
    And by the same time removing the unlimited stun feature from Assaults ? >:)
    -----------------
    Former Member of #nocarlclub
    srmcn1031kjmia421
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member
    edited September 13
    Probably not remove, but definitely limit.

a) gold wrestle works 100% of the time on first round. It shouldnt.

b) wrestling a walker 5+ lvls above yours, without any limit whatsoever, is wrong and clearly unbalanced in regards to all other traits.

NG is throwing bigger and bigger walkers at us, but that doesnt really make it harder when you can wrestle a lvl41 walker with >100k health in one go.

Add to this that we can still use low-lvl survivors, equip them with wrestling gear and have them clear the path. If that’s not a massive loophole, I don’t know what the word is supposed to mean.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    apply to 'RickRollers Gym' or contact me on 'Line' Chat: Putchuco
    PigCaptainslayerKyrusDLHFeloniousSpunkmik81KillersZrfg1982antJaden
  • My intention is to know the view of forum users. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Papacas
  • Well then my vote is No, I hate to see a huge drop with my challenge score & less rewards
    But on the bright side I can have less pushing so I'll have more free time from this game
    NeoTheOnePapacas
  • @Monsuta i had to smile reading your two posts ;)
    I could almost see the realization setting in that without an overpowered wrestling we wouldnt have to push so far in challenges ;)
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    apply to 'RickRollers Gym' or contact me on 'Line' Chat: Putchuco
    Monsuta
  • There has to be some way of defending yourself against the tougher walkers or players will just stop playing at a certain level as the game stops being fun.
    The only game mode where this trait is obviously open to abuse is The Distance so the obvious answer is to lock the roster in The Distance once you start the event so you can't keep adding suicide survivors. Or even limit the number of new survivors you can add to your Distance roster to maybe 5...
    ADPaqCaptainslayerI_Am_Psychokjmia421
  • @lyts1985

That would lead straight to P2W which could easily end this game. Tell me how many people have like 50+ survivor slots? And if they limit the wresling chance based on survivor/gear level ( the easy way) tell me how many people have that many decked out survivors? If you watch distance videos closely theres not much skill involved. Just the pay wall unless you play for like 2 years now.
  • @lyts1985 You can still spend gold or buy bundle with free survivor slot to increase the capacity of your roster before starting the distance.
  • @Monsuta

Too much P2W kills any game, no matter how great it is. Basicly you cant design the whole thing around paying customers with current market and playerbase, you just cant. So "spend more gold" is not a valid answer.
    InvaderWhereisHeath
  • @zerosouL I'm just stating the fact that @lyts1985 idea didn't fix the distance issue, wrestler can get you to the last map but you still can't beat the 3 level 41 freeman. There's a bug with Freeman as stated in Terminates video that let player beat the game. NG can fix the problem by fixing the Freeman bug, then placing more Freeman in the map to stop player using wrestler trait since it can't use on human enemy.
    WhereisHeath
  • Both, you can throw money at the game to get around either fix but are people really likely to do that to the extent you'd need to beat The Distance?

Lock the roster and people will just inflate their roster with suicide survivors before the event starts - but that roster is still limited due to the Lock, so the wrestle trait will only get you so far, unlike the current system where you can keep adding fresh survivors if you have the phones.

Kill the wrestler trait and there'll be no way to progress beyond a certain difficulty as the walkers are just too tough with no real answer as wrestler is now useless... other than badges... which will inevitably cost money as components are scarce. Or you could have a full roster of level 22s fully upgraded with legendary gear all fully upgraded. Which will cost money, as it's not cheap or quick to perform those upgrades and acquire the gear you need.

Either way, if you really want to progress it'll cost you. At least locking the roster after you've started the event doesn't screw you over in the other game modes.
  • BTW whats the point of forum poll since 90% of playerbase doesnt even visits this forum? :)
    lyts1985
  • Lots of other things need changing/fixing before starting to look at wrestling.
    banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
    ... .... ..- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. / --. .-. .. -- . -.--
    JackBauerCaptainslayerMonsutakjmia421
  • @zerosouL - The purpose is expressly stated above. This poll is for forum members.

It's common knowledge that the forum community is very small compared to total player population. But the forum has become a venue for dialogue and it's a known fact that NG listen to ideas here. Those ideas have helped shaped changes in the game.

So isn't the voting trend of this poll interesting? Although, the overwhelming support for Wrestler is understandable because most forum users are endgame players, it's interesting to see how high-level players value Wrestler so much. I could almost feel the collective panic to hit/click/tap the answer: NO. In these players' default setting, Wrestler is almost like an addiction. More interesting is that in other games there is no ability like Wrestler (as far as I know, and I've been playing since late 90's- Starcraft, Red Alert etc. And now, DOTA2). TBH, Wrestler/wrestling is the weirdest and crudest high-level tactic/strategy in the realm of gaming.

I hope I don't get another warning for expressing what I think and feel because we are mostly adults here and should be able to take in some butthurt in this dialogical process. Otherwise, I seriously propose a Forum Jr. where kids should go.
    CaptainslayerI_Am_PsychoOneVoice
  • NG must see the wrestle trait working "as intended" since they didn't nurf it when the whiners got the LLS survivor strategy eliminated several updates ago.
    NeoTheOnecrambert_nectdiddy
  • I think The Distance will be the nail in the coffin for the wrestler trait, at least as it is now.

NG wants us to significantly invest in our survivors to go further in The Distance, not to use an exploit that requires almost no investment. Badges were created just to further our ability to invest in our survivors. The wrestling exploit lowers the value of just about everything in the game: high level survivors, high-level equipment, and badges.

I imagine those at NG with direct responsibility for increasing NG revenue will be screaming the loudest to close the wrestling exploit as soon as humanly possible.
    mik81NeoTheOneAval0n
  • but keeping it open would sell radio bundles & wrestler gear no?
    Need to find a guild? Click here
    Need some strategy? Click here
    Have a suggestion? Click here
    Having an issue? Click here
    Want to have some fun? Click here
    Looking for some pasta that's creepy? Click here
    Want to hear what I have to say about this game? Click here
  • Wrestling gear is very easy to find for free. Any level, any rarity, gear with a wrestling trait will work.

Everyone is using a 1 radio call to use this exploit. There are enough free radios to do this without buying any radio bundles.
  • nadecir said:

Wrestling gear is very easy to find for free. Any level, any rarity, gear with a wrestling trait will work.

Everyone is using a 1 radio call to use this exploit. There are enough free radios to do this without buying any radio bundles.

I haven't used it so therefore "Everyone" is not an accurate statement
    Zettekjmia421
  • DLich said:

nadecir said:

Wrestling gear is very easy to find for free. Any level, any rarity, gear with a wrestling trait will work.

I haven't used it so therefore "Everyone" is not an accurate statement
    By everyone, I mean everyone who is using the exploit. Soon to be more of the player base, I am sure, if the exploit is not closed.
  • What NG should really remove is the crappy gear with 1 and 2 stars...and 3 stars is also rubbish.
  • nadecirnadecir Member
    edited September 13
    Simply because wrestling, as it is now, is so powerful that it lowers the value of many of the other aspects of the game.

My opinion is moot because NG will decide what to do. And I think we can surmise that the wrestling trait, as it is now, is not in NG's best interest. NG wants you to invest in your survivors to advance, not just sprinkle magic fairy dust to complete The Distance.
    NeoTheOne
  • Wrestler, as it is now, is what gets players 1500+ stars in the challenge. That along with gold for healing.

There are players earning over 2K stars in some challenges which means they are buying gas boosters almost every day ($2 each) plus 40-100 gold each round/try... I am not about to estimate what someone spends whom gets 2K stars in a challenge but I am going to say it's over $50 each week.

Now if you change wrestler it will still take skill but I doubt it will lead to as many stars and thus less revenue for NG.

I agree @nadecir that NG will decide what to do regardless of our input. I just cannot support any type of "nerf" or changing of how a trait works for the benefit of other people and how they choose to play it.

If someone gets a paycheck from their job try letting someone else dictate what you spend your money on because they feel you spend it incorrectly. *Note this analogy might be terrible*
    paintbeastSteliokjmia421
  • @DLich Why do you think players earning fewer stars will mean less revenue for NG? The best players will just find other ways to invest in success. All players adapt to changes, and the best do adapt the quickest. It may mean that the best players will spend more on gold for badges, for example, to go further in challenges. The highest ranking players will still spend to be the best. That's for sure.

Every nerf, by definition, lowers the benefit of an aspect for a game for some players. So you can say any nerf is bad for how some players choose to play the game. I guess that means you are against any nerf at all. However, I do believe that sometimes nerfs are necessary in games when game balance overwhelmingly favors one aspect of game play.

We all know that NG has a history of not hesitating to nerf an aspect of the game when they believe the nerf in the game's best long term interest and their best corporate interest. So we will see what happens. Either they want more players to complete "The Distance" immediately using the wrestler strategy, or they will make a change to it.
    DLichNeoTheOne
  • @nadecir Honestly my main gripe about not wanting it changed is (and if I'm understanding correctly lvl 21 had nothing to do with wrestler) this game mode, after months of extraneous testing, research, planning etc was released the way it was. If it's changed 3 days later because someone 6 hours after it's introduced figured out a way to circumvent the intended use looks horrible.

Back in the day you bought a video game and played it the way it was. The company making the game ensured it was the best it could be at the time of release.

Nowadays companies release a "needs work" product and then release updates and "paid dlc's" that should have been introduced when the game originally came out.

If NG asks me to beta test a game mode I will honestly give them my opinion, feedback and attempt to "break the game" in any way I can so that I can give them honest feedback. But once the mode is released I am a firm believer that it should remain the way it is.

Don't release a game mode and then change how a trait that affects all game modes will act. Don't release a game mode and then change the rules of that game mode because people beat it in a way you didn't think possible. Don't release a game mode that's not finished I guess is my point.

Distance was released after months of (blah blah blah) and it's ready to be played the way it was intended to be played. No modification needed imo.
    paintbeastKillersZZettekjmia421
This discussion has been closed.