Wrestling needs to be limited - and the time is NOW

I am really interested in someone explaining to me how wrestling paired with low-lvl survivors is any fun, or challenging, or skillful. How many times before you get bored out of your skull?

@Shteevie we need to do something about this, wrestling+LLS is showing its ugly face in The Distance this week, for all to see.
This cannot be the plan or the idea behind the game. Putting lvl40+ walkers in our faces with 100k+ health doesnt make it challenging when you can wrestle them one-by-one, with literally any survivor.

The only logical choice can be to limit wrestling (much like body shots) to the lvl difference between survivor and walker.
Wrestling a lvl 40 walker in one try makes no sense at all, let alone when you can do it with a lvl1 character.
If we must we could give wrestling one more lvl above 100% body shots, and it fails after that.
In detail:
- 6 lvls above survivor (including pink starz): wrestling fails 100% of the time.
This would mean a lvl22 triple pink survivor cannot wrestle above lvl 31 enemy
- 1-5 lvls above survivor: gradually more chance of failing wrestling

I know I am beating a dead horse by now, but it really makes no sense to me playing a game where 50% of the progress depends on the sole benefit of one single, overpowered trait, paired with a still existing loophole for low-lvl survivors.
Come on, guys, we can do better and make this fun, challenging and dependent on skill again!
If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
apply to 'RickRollers Gym' or contact me on 'Line' Chat: Putchuco
PapacasInvaderLoewe1968Maverick1969rudjawolljr6jvhv4PigDLHKyrusDLichBBRiWhereisHeathADPaqTHCrossrfg1982DBonesJackBauerCaptainslayerMonsutaTatdJdmSPC_TORREScrambert_nectpzinhoKillersZautumn_ashsbfbigbeanoTJSThanosOfTitantpips42JadenxyzflyingcowkingWhispererMattOfEarthGovernatorbladgierI_Am_PsychoJellyttaTheRealSavageNCDawgFantdiddyWeekOnezeeblackzeoweruskjmia421SCBMAMizTyDoddemongirlKARAZIPKALIFLWillafroponixPR0DJNeoTheOneGuapoekimhclewAmBush

Comments

• @Invader that's the thing. Once wrestling is limited (and LLS removed) the missions would need to be adjusted, or nobody would ever make it past mission 15. Same for the challenges, if everybody is limited, nobody can abuse it any more and the whole thing is balanced out.
    WeekOne
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Administrator
    edited September 13
    @Fearofabotplanet 's comment (here: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/259840/#Comment_259840) reflects our current stance on the issue.

And regarding tactics and the feelings of players regarding those tactics, of course we'll take our data and community feedback into account when looking at how to move forward with The Distance.

We're keen on collecting as much as we can of said community feedback, so please do share your thoughts and opinions. That being said, forum rules apply and we won't tolerate any abuse, trolling, baiting and so on. Cheers.

MattOfEarthGovernatorkjmia421
  • Indeed I made it into mission 14/21 basically sending survivors to sacrifice with wrestling and killing every single though walker as needed. Of course you spend a lot of gas doing this, but really seems kinda odd being able to beat lvl 32 walkers with lvl 20 epic survivors.
    After the pit, it was basically wrestling missions.
    ljr6jvhv4PigBBRiDod
  • But that won't be the case when everyone is badged up to the hilt?
  • Agree that roster should be locked to avoid anyone else coming expect for heros if they get unlocked during the 24 hours.
    ljr6jvhv4lyts1985Jadenafroponix
  • Firekid said:

Agree that roster should be locked to avoid anyone else coming expect for heros if they get unlocked during the 24 hours.

This is no solution since you can collect LLS before the distance starts. And it starts twice a week ;)
    MattOfEarthmimica
  • > @Invader said:
    > What about limiting the insane amount and level of the walkers in the distance?
    >
    > I would had no chance to get to level 13 without wrestling.

Well that's terrible design if there is literally only one way to beat it
  • Techfall said:

Sure...the distance maps are way overcrowded.

But in higher challenge maps, the wrestling trait is the last option too sometimes.
    CaptainslayerMattOfEarth
  • The whole idea is silly. Theres no real fight between 22 lvl survivors and high lvl walkers with current bodyshot mechanics because as is, it forces you to wrestle your way through missions. If you admit that the whole thing was balanced around wrestling (and you did) then i would say...you failed.
    PutchucoBBRipkerr116Guapo
  • Invader said:

Techfall said:

Sure...the distance maps are way overcrowded.

But in higher challenge maps, the wrestling trait is the last option too sometimes.
    Of course it is, that is the problem ;)
    No wrestling = no advance in high-lvls.

The game has been adapted to try to cover for the overpowered wrestling trait, by giving us ever-higher end-lvl enemies.
    With limited wrestling, these artificially overblown enemies could go back to 'normal' lvls.
    DBonesWeekOnekjmia421
  • @David_H79 I have seen the 'lock-in' option being proposed, but that would most likely result in players going for team size 100, and fill the open slots with 50-60 low-lvl survivors, done, same effect.

PigDavid_H79DBonesmimicazeeblack
  • @carefree

I never liked it. Problem was obvious but most people didnt have time/resources to get that far in the challenges to actually notice it.
  • It's true that from mission 12 wrestler is must have otherwise nobody will finish distance. Is it bad? Hard to say... I've completed mission 12 and 13 only thanks to wrestler.
    sligoemMattOfEarth
  • I posted this on another thread and I'll post it here.

NG can fix the problem by fixing the Freeman bug, then placing more Freeman in the map to stop player using wrestler trait since it can't use on human enemy.

No need to adjust the wrestler trait.
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
    PigMrsScattercushionPutchucobigbeanoafroponix
  • Putchuco said:

With limited wrestling, these artificially overblown enemies could go back to 'normal' lvls.

But as we all know...they won´t go back to normal. Maybe they´ll be a bit easier, but not to the former level. Because now we´re able to craft badges (if we find enough components...).
  • carefree said:

I suggest once the Distance has started no more survivors can be added, something like that.

But then te players will add them before the distance starts...
    Putchuco
  • Putchuco said:

@David_H79 I have seen the 'lock-in' option being proposed, but that would most likely result in players going for team size 100, and fill the open slots with 50-60 low-lvl survivors, done, same effect.

Not the same effect. It would make people spend lots of cash for bundles with survivor slots ;)
    paintbeast
  • > @Invader said:

> But then te players will add them before the distance starts...

Good point, ok then start with only 25 or something like that
    zeowerus
  • PigPig Member
    What's utterly hilarious to me is that we wouldn't even be in this position except that NG buffed wrestler because it was so useless back in the day. Wrestler trait used to be automatic scrap on any piece of armour. Back then we would have loved to see wrestler removed.

Now it's a useful trait, and calling for it to be removed is silly. @Putchuco's suggestion here is pretty reasonable, it seems to me. It won't utterly kill any part of the game, and it will make The Distance the kind of challenge it was meant to be.

I'm curious how many players are regularly wrestling level 32 walkers in challenges. It can't be too many. Speaking for myself, @Putchuco's suggestion wouldn't change anything for me... except The Distance.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    MrsScattercushionPutchucozeowerusDodafroponix
  • > @Invader said:
    > I suggest once the Distance has started no more survivors can be added, something like that.
    >
    >
    > But then te players will add them before the distance starts...

But they'll still be limited by what they have at the start, once they're dead they're dead, and phones and slots aren't cheap. At the moment you can keep adding new kamikaze survivors as long as you've got the phones.
  • Or maybe people just doesnt want to play like this and find it boring in the long run??? I mean how entertaining suicide running could really be? The whole concept of bodyshots that was designed to stop us at certain levels is a flawed design and now with the distance mode we can see it more clearly. There are plenty ways to bump up difficulty other then walker levels and bodyshots and forcing us to depend on broken wrestle trait.
    lyts1985DLichPutchucoR2runfast
This discussion has been closed.