Are you confused about round passes, rewards crates... Feel like you're missing out?

Need to find a guild? Click here
Need some strategy? Click here
Have a suggestion? Click here
Having an issue? Click here
Want to have some fun? Click here
Looking for some pasta that's creepy? Click here
Want to hear what I have to say about this game? Click here
Monsuta

Comments

• For those too lazy to click the link..

as per Fearofabotplanet

Challenge Round Passes
    Success in the Challenges takes skill, determination, strategy, and time. We're working to improve the Challenge experience for everyone, starting with this feature that will allow players to reach better rewards and higher difficulties faster than before.

Players participating in the Challenge will collect a new item - the Round Pass - after completing 5 Rounds of Missions. Two new counters appear on the Challenge Screen to help you keep track of the number of Rounds you have completed and Round Passes earned during this Challenge.
    At the start of the next Challenge, any Round Passes you have earned will be automatically used. If you do not play the Challenges in a given week, your Round Passes will be discarded without effect.

When your Round Passes are used, several effects will occur:
    You will skip past one Round of the Challenge for each Round Pass you earned the previous week, thus starting one Round further than you would have otherwise.
    This also means that the Difficulty of the first round you play will be increased.
    For example, if you earned 3 Round Passes last week, you will start play with the fourth round this week, and the difficulty will be set accordingly.

Some Challenge Rewards will be doubled for one round for each Round Pass used:
    Stars earned for completing Missions are doubled.
    Stars earned for completing a Round are doubled.
    Trade Goods earned by completing rounds are doubled.
    If you earn a Round Pass while the reward doubling is in effect, the Round Pass will also be doubled!
    If multiple Round Passes were used, these doubled rewards will carry on for the same number of Rounds.

Example:
    1) Last week, you started the Challenge at Difficulty 12 and played 15 Rounds of Challenge Missions and thus earned 3 Round Passes.
    2) This week, when you start the Challenge, your Round Passes are used, and the first three Rounds are skipped. The first Round you will play this week is Difficulty 15.
    3) When you complete each Mission in this Round, you earn double Stars. A Perfect Victory is worth 6 Stars!
    4) After completing all six Missions, you receive 30 stars for completing the Difficulty 15 Round and 1050 TG. Normally, your first completed round would have earned 12 Stars for a Difficulty 12 Round and 400 TG.
    5) The next 2 Rounds also give double rewards, for a total of three Rounds of doubled rewards [matching the three Round Passes that were used].
    6) When you have finished playing 5 Rounds in this week's Challenge, you earn your first Round Pass to be used next week.

*note... I have edited the part about the number of TG's earned for completion of round 1 after the passes were used.
    littlemum
  • I had 5 round passes. I jumped from lv 15 to 20 in my estimation I missed out on at least 135 crates. Not cool. It would be nice if you had a choice on if you wanted to use them and where.
    rustynailJayZCaptainslayerLightfeetekimhclewp_herianlittlemum
  • @jrnlson 4*5*6=120 You saved 120 gas, use those gas to farm RSL 20 without advancing 30 times, you get those 135 crates from RSL 20, instead of RSL 15 16 17 18 19, see how cool it is?
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
    tabernacJayZsligoemlittlemum
  • DLHDLH Member
    Going to have to play it through to see but star count is down. Do we know if guild reward levels were adjusted down as well? I had 5 round passes, started at 20. Just finished 20-2 which would have been 251 stars I have 152.
  • DLH said:

Going to have to play it through to see but star count is down. Do we know if guild reward levels were adjusted down as well? I had 5 round passes, started at 20. Just finished 20-2 which would have been 251 stars I have 152.

That's because you've only played through 2 rounds. Play through the next 3, and you'll have more stars than you would have earned without the guild pass (assuming you don't get bruised).
    Captainslayer
  • DLHDLH Member
    @JayZ gotcha. Was just playing with the numbers. Looks like it all works out in the wash. Thanks
    I don't intend to get bruised. More surprises? Lol
    DLich
  • I got 6 passes last challenge and started at Rsl 21 right away. After one round, I received double bonus stars of 42 and double number of TGs.
  • Still i like the chance to pull 22 gear out of gold crates on the lower levels we are also missing out on badge components from crates
    dlb
  • ebk09 said:

Still i like the chance to pull 22 gear out of gold crates on the lower levels we are also missing out on badge components from crates

ah but see you missed out on nothing.

Instead of playing RSl 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and using 24 gas each map (120 gas total) you can just as easily play RSL 20 (which is still 4 gas each) 6 times... 1 time for actually 3 starring it and then 5 more times each map using the 120 gas you would have saved and get your 135 crates...

How cool is that? And even better they'll be RSL 20 rewards instead of RSL 15,16,17,18,19!!!

Best of both worlds!!

*edit... after you get 3 stars on each map don't move onto the next round. Just keep a mental tally or use pen and paper and write down how many times you've played each map and once you hit 5 replays on each one then move on to the next round :)
  • DLH said:

More surprises?

Yes...they added additional fatties and armored walkers...
    TheSittingDuckDodkong
  • dlbdlb Member
    I had 5 round passes and im on my 11th round this time, yet i only have 1 round pass for next time. What up with that?
  • dlbdlb Member
    Will do
  • So the way I understand the round passes, you get penalized for anything but 5 passes. 4 passes mean you get your first pass next week at round 9 so you effectively lose the easiest 4 rounds towards a pass. 6 means you get the bonus so you are even with previous week except now your first passes will be round 11 so again you lost an easier round towards extra passes. Is this correct?
    Lightfeet
  • The number of round passes that you earn might fluctuate a little each week as a result of the skipping of the earlier rounds, that's true.
    I_Am_Psycho
  • The number of round passes that you earn might fluctuate a little each week as a result of the skipping of the earlier rounds, that's true.

I agree it will obviously fluctuate. Especially as the amount of time people have to play is variable due to real life.

But some of it will be offset in the short term, with improvements to survivors from badges enabling players to go to higher RSLs.

Last Stand BE recruitment

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.

• I got 7 round passes last challenge so started this weeks challenge on level 21/2.......I'm assuming round numbers are set in stone according to the players levels...i.e multiple level 22 survivors @ round 1 =level 15 and round 6 would be level 21/1.....I have just reached level 24 yet my game is saying Level 24/1 is round 17 when it should be 16 plus my star count is also wrong saying I'm at 638 stars when according to my calculations I should be on 601 stars (I'm not complaining) ........please can someone shed any light on this anomaly.......as for this weeks round passes.....as expected I got my first two on a double star round after completing level 22/3.....I got my next pass after completing level 24/1 (only 4 rounds later??)......again I'm not complaining but I am becoming a tad confused now. Besides all that, I personally love this new round pass system as it saves me a heap of time doing the low level grind on the early rounds.
  • Ok, using the round pass, not digging this. I would rather have the choice to use them or not. I get the spin behind moving ahead, doubling stars and yada-yada. I use the lower level to complete Quests, scout teams are going to have a hard time getting through the higher levels. If I want my hat handed to me I will play the Distance again. I like the lower level gear, I can scrap them on one of those clean house weekends. Depending on who I use as a leader, I am missing out on some easy points. Plus the control freak in me and my CDO (that's OCD but the letters are in the correct order) are rebelling something awful. Really feel there is a benefit to sometimes skipping the pass, just my humble opinion.
  • @thew_robert Don't forget you can use Season missions to complete Quests and for much less gas than a lower level Challenge mission. Also a good place to pick up lower level gear.
    thew_robert
  • DLichDLich Member
    edited September 14
    Based on your words @Ghostdance it seems you have 3+ lvl 22's and start at RSL 15 and Triple at RSL 21

If you earned 7 round passes last week then you skipped RSL 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21.1

You're first played round is 21.2. (8th overall)
    Your second played round is 21.3 (9th overall)
    Your third played round is 22.1 (10th overall)
    Your fourth played round is 22.2 (11th overall)
    Your fifth played round is 22.3 (12th overall)

Your sixth played round is 23.1 (13th overall)
    your seventh played round is 23.2 (14th overall)
    your eighty played round is 23.3 (15th overall)
    your ninth played round is 24.1 (16th overall)
    your tenth played round is 24.2 (17th overall)

I believe the issue you are facing is one that many have and you possibly played a 21.4 map in error (the game gave some players a 20.4 or a 21.4 when it shouldn't have. That would account for your 24.1 being the 5th map earning you another round pass.

From my data collection anyone whom earned 6 or more badges last week somehow got a 20.4 or 21.4 depending on what level they triple round at.

If that's the case then you earned 21+21+18+18 at one point where others didn't (and would account for why your stars aren't matching up to my chart.

When you completed what the game says as "15 rounds" that would be on RSL 23.3 and you should have 601.

*** If you played a 21.4 map this is what your stars will look like ***

78 first played round 21.2 - 78 total
    78 second round played 21.3 - 156 total
    78 third round played 21.4 - 234 total
    80 fourth round played 22.1 - 314 total
    80 fifth round played 22.2 - 394 total
    80 sixth round played 22.3 - 474 total
    82 seventh round played 23.1 - 556 total
    41 eighty round played 23.2 - 597 total
    41 ninth round played 23.3 - 638 total
    42 tenth round played 24.1

Ghostdance
  • Many thanks DLich for explaining this issue!......all the numbers tie up so I guess thats exactly what happened this week......very much appreciate your time on this one.
    DLichp_herianpaintbeast
  • I'd also like to point out based on my chart you're a few stars behind where you should be. It's not many but your 9th round should have earned you a total of 641 but because you played 21.4 your 9th round is only 638.

You got to play 20.4 which is relatively easier and assuming you make it to the exact same rsl in the challenge as last week you'll have 74 more stars.

I believe every player whom played a .4 will get more stars if they make it to the same rsl level in the challenge this week as they did last week. The bonus is also that because you got that .4 you'll complete 1 extra round assuming again you make it to the same rsl as last week.

So although you have 3 less stars than you should I believe you'll end up with 74 more stars than you would at the same rsl as last week.
    Ghostdance
  • DLichDLich Member
    edited September 14
    Also @Shteevie and @Fearofabotplanet and @Teeceezy this is a decent way to fix the "star loss"

If you upgrade more than 2 lvl 22 survivors give those players a 21.4 and they'll recoup 39 of the 76 stars lost.

This week (I believe) anyone with 6 or more round passes got 20.4 or 21.4. All of these players will theoretically have more stars this week.

*edit. I'll post a spreadsheet showing this shortly.
    tabernacAuroraW
  • @DLich I have 6 round passes but I start at 21.1 & I didn't have 21.4, not everyone have that benefit of extra .4 round
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    DLichDBones
  • DLichDLich Member
    edited September 14
    Maybe the magic number is 7 then? I thought it was 6.

I wonder why some accounts got a .4 and some didn't. Those that did get a .4 may have temporarily had a hard time on that .4 map but damn if they got "lucky" in the sense that round is sorta a freebie regarding stars as well as a "completed" round towards passes this week.
  • I think it's random like last week that some got level 1 map
  • Hi

Personally I love the idea of round passes but one thing in my opinion requires corrections...

To be more precisely this point:

"If you earn a Round Pass while the reward doubling is in effect, the Round Pass will also be doubled!"

So when the passes thing started last week I got 4 round passes. My all heroes are on level 19.

So now after skipping 4 rounds I will get my first round pass when I will complete round 9. Second one I will get on round 14, third 19, fourth 24. Fifth I would get on round 29!!! As I am struggling with round 24 I might not get even round pass number 4.

So previously I was unlabeled to get 5 round passes because I was unable to finish round 25 with zombie level 25. Now to get 5 round passes I would have to finish round number 29 with zombie level 26! A joke?

Solution: instead of doubling round passes like it is now which is working only for people that gained 5 and more passes in previous challenges, let count rounds that were passed thanks to round passes as round that were played.

Thx,
    Rob
  • For what it's worth, I got 6 round passes last week, but did not get a Level 21-4. I began this week at Level 21-1 (i have multiple level 22 survivors, so no triple round at Level 20). I just completed Level 24-1. Both my math and my phone screen tell me I am now on Round 17 (at 24-2). And I have 639 stars. No 21-4 for me :(
    Elder, Carols cookies
    Board-certified slayer of the dead