Outpost: What am I doing wrong?

After joining this forum I found out that you can leave TG out and people would just take it without killing you. Well, it doesn’t really work for me. In fact, I’ve been raided by only two or three such noble persons since June. And to be honest, I myself can’t remember many outposts (10 at best) that wouldn’t been aggressively blocked.
So, is there something I’m missing? I hide my survivors and choose “stationary”, but they get killed every time.

Comments

• Never a good idea to set melee to stationary.
    They get slaughtered without defense.
    MattOfEarth
  • > @David_H79 said:
    > Never a good idea to set melee to stationary.
    > They get slaughtered without defense.

But I was hoping they wouldn’t need to defend themselves :# And I thought if they’d attack first, they’d definitely get killed.
  • Defenders never can attack first.
    You can offer free TG, many player take it leave, but give your people a chance to defend themselves if necessary.
    MattOfEarth
  • Offer free TG but put your best people in a position so that they would do definitely damage to the attacker. This makes many attacker leave in peace.
    -----------------
    Former Member of #nocarlclub
    David_H79MattOfEarth
  • > @David_H79 said:
    > Defenders never can attack first.
    Pretty sure I’ve been shot on sight several times when running for TG. Or maybe it was something in the missions. But definitely on my turn.
  • @iivii
    My statement was not exactly enough.
    Sorry for that. :)
    When the attacker opens the gate the attacker can choose what to do, if he other two survivors have actionpoints left.
    A normal tactic is to kill all walkers, place all attackers on the door, skip round and open the gate when all three attackers have a full move.
    This way the attacker has always the first attack, free TG etc.
    MattOfEarth
  • My experience is I am attacked 99% of the time when leaving TG out for the taking, regardless of who I use or positioning.
  • PigPig Member
    I think the biggest mistake is caring if your defenders get killed. lol

But seriously, I rarely raid, very rarely kill for influence, and I get my defenders killed by raiders all the time. And I still don't drop below 4500 influence.

My defenders getting killed just doesn't seem to matter, even if influence mattered... which it doesn't. Just chuck some slobs on your defence and forget about them.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    MadPuppyp_herianbigbeanoMattOfEarth
  • @Pig
    The only thing I care about is losing my 1000TG. Maybe it’s not much, but I sure can find use for it. I get attacked a lot so I have to make sure to always stay above 5000. Almost every outpost I get has buffed defenders 2-3 levels above mine, which means hospital time, which is not fun.
  • You are at 5000 influence level with you lvl15 survivors ?
    -----------------
    Former Member of #nocarlclub
  • Most important thing in outpost defence is stun resist and interrupt.
    MattOfEarthovergrowdaworld
  • PigPig Member
    @iivii I can understand that, but there's another way to look at it. You can fight and claw, including hospital time, to keep in that influence bracket for that extra 1000 tg. Or you can just run 2-3 raids and get the 1000 tg anyway. When a single raid pays half immediately what a whole influence bracket pays once every cycle, I just can't see bothering about influence to be an efficient way to get tg.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    MattOfEarth