PSA: Round passes give you MORE stars, BETTER rewards, and SAVE gas

JayZJayZ Member
Assuming your round passes are working as intended, round passes are strictly good for you. If people on the forums are confused, please feel free to direct them to this thread.

More stars
Round passes allow you to earn double stars for each round that you pass. This allows you to earn more stars because you'll get more from the Round Completion bonuses. Here is a very simple example:
- If you played through RSL 15 and 16 under the previous system, you would get 77 stars: 33 stars from RSL 15 (18 + 15 bonus) and 34 stars from RSL 16 (18 + 16 bonus).
- If you use a round pass on RSL 15 and play through RSL 16 under the round pass system, you would get 78 stars because the 18 + 16 stars from RSL 16 are doubled.
- The more rounds you skip, the more bonus stars you can earn from Round Completion bonuses.

Better rewards
Your rewards are better in two ways. First, you don't have to play lower level missions. Your post-mission crates and XP rewards are closer to being level appropriate at the beginning of the challenge. Second, your Round Completion TG rewards are higher. Using our same example of RSL 15 and 16 from before:
- If you played through RSL 15 and 16 under the previous system, you would earn 850 TG: 400 from RSL 15 and 450 from RSL 16.
- If you use a round pass on RSL 15 and play through RSL 16 under the round pass system, you would get 900 TG because the 450 TG you would have earned from RSL 16 is doubled.
- Note that some people have actually reported getting MORE than double the TG rewards from Round Completion TG bonuses.

Save gas
This is probably the most egregious fallacy that is propagated on these forums. You DO NOT open less crates by using round passes. Instead, you SAVE gas and have more flexibility to use your gas on better missions.
- Previously, you would spend 24 gas to complete RSL 15. You would be able to open 18 RSL 15 crates (assuming no video unlocks).
- If you use a round pass on RSL 15, you can use that 24 gas on whatever you want (all of which is pretty much guaranteed to give you better rewards than low level challenge missions).
- For an end gamer, using ONE round pass allows you to run 12 Outpost raids, 6 Distance missions, ~5 scavenger missions with level-appropriate rewards, or 4-6 higher level challenge missions.

Also, note that the more round passes you earn, the more bonus stars, bonus TGs, and saved gas you get. Round passes are good, and we should be thanking @Shteevie, @Fearofabotplanet, @Teeceezy, and the rest of the NG team for this great new feature!

So please, for the love of god, stop complaining that you are receiving fewer stars, earning worse rewards, missing out on crates, etc. This is simply not true. I'm not trying to be toxic. This is literally just simple math.
InvaderDLichdocfinzenburgMonsutaMadiMattOfEarthDBonescrambert_necMrsScattercushionabailey362I_Am_PsychoJenngC_LloydAlexFiliUKtpips42LightfeetJadenSlowMoFearofabotplanetpainwalkerzivaoliviarfg1982THCrossSurvivor6ixTechfallSCBMAaquilasuzequeueTJSKARAZIPKALIpradiPapacasShadowaceAz

Comments

• Based on Fearofabotplanet's original post regarding TG's originally it was explained that you would get less TG's (based on the wording example) and my spreadsheet was based off those numbers.

I will be the first to say, in experience of seeing how the rewards are, you will be getting more TG's in every way possible!! The more rounds you skipped the more TG's you will earn!!
    Need to find a guild? Click here
    Need some strategy? Click here
    Have a suggestion? Click here
    Having an issue? Click here
    Want to have some fun? Click here
    Looking for some pasta that's creepy? Click here
    Want to hear what I have to say about this game? Click here
    MattOfEarthKARAZIPKALI
  • Yes, we're earning more TG too
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
    MattOfEarthKARAZIPKALI
  • MattOfEarthMattOfEarth Member
    edited September 13
    It may be pure dumb luck, but after only two rounds so far I've also collected 3 lvl 22 gears already. 2 Epics and a very nice Leg Shooter armor. Also some rare 22 stuff, but I don't keep it, so I don't remember them, but getting a nice haul. Also collected 11 phones off missions so far. Started @21.1.

Edit: I almost forgot an Epic badge fragment.
    “Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of sh!t you people don’t know sh!t about. Rick knows every fine grain of said sh!t.”

EMBRACE THE GRIND
    JayZ
  • Bump because more people on this forum need to understand this
    Leader of Rise or Die
    DLichMattOfEarthI_Am_PsychoKARAZIPKALI
  • It may be pure dumb luck...

It is. I collected just the usual trash...
    MattOfEarth
  • I agree round passes are a great addition. However, there is one problem with them that I'd like to draw attention to:

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/29451/major-flaw-with-round-passes
    Cantrip said:

To begin with, thanks for adding these, they're a great idea and certainly make challenges a lot less tedious to play. That said, on to the problems.

First the very obvious: I'm sure we'd all appreciate if we could earn them faster than 1 per 5 rounds. 1 per 4 or even 1 per 3 would be spectacular. Even less grind, straight to the interesting bits.

That's not the real reason I'm posting this, however. The main issue is as follows. For as long as your passes last you get double stars, double end-of-round crates and double round passes. Great, right? Here's the problem: double round passes only happens if you have 5 or more round passes to begin with. For any number of rounds other than multiples of 5, that bonus doesn't exist.

That being the case, it follows that if you use any number of round passes below 5, you're not only not getting any doubles on the passes, you're also gimping your potential for earning passes for next week by removing easier rounds from the beginning.

I think in terms of game design this is a massively bad choice, since so many players will struggle to get 5 round passes -- especially if they make the mistake of using a lower number of round passes to begin with. Ironically, the more round passes you earn without to getting 5, the worse off you'll be the following week.

The fix is very simple: instead of giving you 2 round passes if you earn a round pass with the bonus active, just count each round with the pass bonus active as 2 rounds. So if you have 2 round passes, you need to play 3 rounds to get your first pass. If you have 3 round passes, you play 3 rounds to get your first pass, then 4 more for the second. Four round passes means you play six rounds for two passes, 5 round passes means you play 5 for 2, etc.

DLichJayZKARAZIPKALI
  • I didn't understand it at first, but the gas saving alone is well worth it.
    MattOfEarthKARAZIPKALIDMP
  • I didn't understand it at first, but the gas saving alone is well worth it.

For me it's the saved time and reduced grind that's golden, and that's why I'd like to get as many passes as possible -- which is why the design flaw in the double pass bonus is very frustrating for me. :s
    DLichEL34xyzKARAZIPKALI
  • @Cantrip This is why I busted butt to get five round passes the first week. Maybe they designed it that way so people would have something to work for?
  • CantripCantrip Member
    edited September 13
    @tpips42 I realized the problem too late and now I'm stuck with 4 for this week and will probably never hit 5 unless I skip one week entirely. No matter how I look at it this is a design flaw, I hope they fix it soon. :#
    rustynail
  • @Cantrip @all I encourage you to check Cantrip's post. I don't think people realize yet (or maybe they have) but it's harder to get 5 when you've used 4.
    paintbeastMattOfEarthI_Am_Psycho
  • Invader said:

It may be pure dumb luck...

It is. I collected just the usual trash...
    the level of the gear was not dumb luck, though. you won't get level 22 gear from level 15 missions.
    MattOfEarth
  • @Fearofabotplanet Any word on the issue with round pass doubling?
    Lightfeet
  • > @Cantrip said:
    > @Fearofabotplanet Any word on the issue with round pass doubling?

What kind of issue? If you earned 1-4 passes there will be no doubled passes. Only with 5 passes you'll get 2 passes at end of round 10. (The more passes you earned in the last round the later you'll earn the doubled passes. (i.e. after 5 played rounds of the new challenge))
    Cantrip
  • edited September 14
    Problem of 4 passes is: you need to get 4 rounds further to get 4 passes again next week.
    If you get 5 passes: you just need to get to the same round next week.

If you got 4 passes last week, you need to do 9 more rounds further to get 5 passes. So this can become an obstacle to ever get to 5 passes.

That is the issue as I perceive it. I'm now obligated to get at least 5 passes each week, if I don't I'll need to skip a week to get to 5 passes again.

Edit. Or somehow get 4 rounds further than I did to get to 5.
    JayZKARAZIPKALIMattOfEarthMrsScattercushion
  • AmigaAmiga Member
    edited September 14
    I like whole idea. Gear up to lvl 20 basically trash. Starting from lvl 20 save a lot of gas which is important thing for F2P ppl.
    KARAZIPKALIMattOfEarth
  • I think this is a great consequenve of round passes, because it provides means to play other parts of the game. Especially as The Distance is going to run mid Challenge on Saturdays.
    Last Stand BE recruitment

I can be contacted by PM for recruitment questions.

TJSKARAZIPKALI
  • I agree that the round passes give you more stars and TG. I still miss the lower levels, though, for strategizing and experimentation. And I'll be done with the challenge much sooner than usual, giving me less motivation to play the game. Hopefully The Distance will keep me occupied.
    TraeMattOfEarth
  • TJSTJS Member
    **bump again**
    Looking for a guild? TheJusticeSquad is looking for new talented members. PM me or Send details to twd.thejusticesquad@gmail.com
  • I also would like to say that the round pass thing is a real problem apart from I am now 2 rounds off getting my 5th thanks to this weeks wasy challange maps! Simple solution though is you get 1 pass per 5 rounds including any skipped whilst using a ticket!
    Lightfeet

• Week 1 I made it 25 rounds got 5 round passes to use week 2

Week 2 I made it 24 rounds (19 played) got 4 round passes to use week 3

Week 3 I made it 25 rounds (21 played) got 4 round passes and literally need to complete 4 more rounds to get a 5th. I didn’t get 21.4 like many other players did or else I’d only need 3 more rounds for my 5th.

Players who don’t think we should be flat out given a pass for every 5th completed round (not played round) hasn’t yet experienced this issue trying to go from 4 to 5 round passes.

So far the only solution is either make it 4 more rounds (which if I could have made it 1 more last week I wouldn’t be in this predicament, or take a week off of the challenge, start fresh in 2 weld with 0 passes and then defeat 25 rounds to get back to 5 passes.

Working as intended?
    MrsScattercushionCarolsCookiesPig
  • TimberTimber Member
    edited September 24
    Same here, I'm in loop of getting no further...

Week 1 I got 4 round passes.
    Week 2 I got 3 round passes
    Week 3 I got 3 round passes

Seems that I'm in this 3 round passes situation for a while, cos at this weeks challenge I should still make 4 full rounds to get next round pass ticket, and survivors are already struggling. Next week same.

Anyway I like this round pass option, like title Topic Title says, it helps a lot by saving gas and time spent on playing, and still gives good amount of stars and other collectibles.
    DLich
  • Same problem here. I got 5 round passes the first week and could only get to 4 passes last week. Now this week I'm at 4 round passes earned with really no way to get to 5 again. I have over 1,000 stars and would still have to get to level 29 to get 5 passes. That one week of not being able to get to 5 seems to have now put me on a hole I can't get out of.
    DLichtabernacPig
  • SleepWalkerSleepWalker Member
    edited September 26
    I think the round pass situation is messed up. You should be awarded the pass when you surpass the 5th, 10th, etc. If you have 4 passes, you should get one after you've completed 3 rounds (6>5), because you would have completed 6. Then when you get past round 10, you would get your 2nd one. I'm in the same boat. Once you don't have 5, it is impossible to get to 5 unless you sit out a week. That makes no sense. Do the developers want us not playing on purpose? Really?
    paintbeastLightfeet