Charged / Critical attack BUG. Now with Badges!

PR0DJPR0DJ Member
edited October 11 in Bug Reports
All traits like Charging, Ruthless, Destructive and even Base Critical Damage Multiplier are not taking into account damage boosting badges. At all.
Therefore all Charged and Critical attacks calculated incorrectly and deal less damage than they should.

So. Here is +X Damage Badges:

They increase base damage from 3505 to 4600.

Now Damage of this survivor is 4600. Period.

Here come traits, like Charging and Ruthless,

they say that "Your Charge Attacks deal +X% damage" where "damage" is your survivor's Damage (in this case 4600).

Ruthless 17% on survivor + 30% on armor = +47%, Charging on weapon 15%, total increase is 17%+30%+15% = 62%, so we will multiply all charged attacks by 1.62.
Critical attack for shooter is +50% damage, so we will multiply all critical attacks by 1.5

Charged attack should be 4600*1.5*1.62 = 11178
Not Charged Critical attack should be 4600*1.5 = 6900

But they are NOT.
On average they are:
Charged = 9596 (16% less than it should, and with Destructive trait it can be 20% less)
Critical = 6318 (9.2% less than it should, and with Destructive trait it can be 15% less).

All this happens because all traits' multipliers applied only to survivor's damage WITHOUT badges.

In this case All Traits and Critical Attack think that damage of survivor is 3505 (not 4600).
But it is clearly 4600

Calculation goes like this:
3505*1.5+1095 = 6353, while it should be:
4600*1.5 = 6900
And
3505*1.5*1.62+1095 = 9612, while it should be:
4600*1.5*1.62 = 11178.

Spreadsheet with 120 attacks is attached.
And here is a link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7OcWHjfWOyAY1lNaGpJM25wd2M/view?usp=sharing

ShanesShackBill_ZRTvalereeeArtisansDLHNarniaJackBauerFragziejimmorrison369mik81SCBMAMonsutaliannalwilbertJayZbigbeanobiter370JadenCaptainslayerCrazyDxiaofei66TheLostSlayerDbld1369PicFester17

Comments

• PR0DJPR0DJ Member
    @Teeceezy, please push this to QC.

Videos incoming.
  • This is going to hurt when NG just changes the description of ruthless to:
    "Increase damage on charge attack by x%" (badges excluded)
    MonsutaJadencrambert_necGuapo
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member
    edited October 11
    PR0DJ said:

@tabernac @Artisans
    Hey guys, I can't take all the credit this time, so I'll just tag @Monsuta and @jimmorrison369 here.

You forgot to gave credit to @BiggyGuyinTWD for asking a question leading to all of this :D
    Shteevie said, "It works both ways; you can get a higher rarity badge than the rarity f the components that are used. This system allows all components to have some potential value to the players."
    But there is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is INJUSTICE.
    jimmorrison369liannalwilberttabernacJaden
  • @PR0DJ ... your wonderful as always ... thank you for all the extra time you spend trying to make NG honest about this game ... i’m Sure as always they were hoping no one would notice ... and it was all part of there nerfing plans ... if NG wants people to spend there hard earned money on this game they should produce the game they say it is ... it’s bad enough that they keep changing things to weaken our game ... you have to update and upgrade more and more to get the same results ... you had before and upgrade ...
    Zettecrb22075
  • TJSTJS Member
    edited October 12
    I saw this thread when first posted (after watching the amazing work by a few dedicated playrs in the critical damage thread), then it disappeared for an hour or so.
    I'm surprised there's been no response from devs.
    (Or am I)
  • I for 1 would be a lot more trusting of this game if @PR0DJ was one of there testers and developers for the game !!! As long as he is not forced to sign an NDA and is still allowed to be honest and share his knowledge with the community!!!! ( of course that wouldn’t include special new things to the game that are up and coming... no spoilers so to speak .... but honest about bugs and other issues ) Hell I wish they would come out with a way to send gifts to certain players ... I would send extra crates to people as thank yous for all the behind the scenes work they do for us ...
    ShanesShack
  • I may be wrong, and it would only be a minor miscalculation, but doesn't the "charging" trait only increase the chance of getting an extra charge point from a kill? Not increase any damage production?
  • @jrodrf2

The trait is twofold: This description is for the Gold level Charging trait -

30% chance to get an extra charge point from a kill, charge attacks do 15% more damage
    bigbeano
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Administrator
    Just following up: We reviewed both the code and logic here and can confirm everything's working as intended. For the future, we're looking at the possibility of adding more clarity to stats in-game to help avoid misunderstandings like this. :)
    PR0DJMonsutasbf
  • :( :/
    -----------------
    Former Member of #nocarlclub
    JadenMonsutabigbeano
  • sbfsbf Member
    You have got to be shitting me @Teeceezy. Have some integrity.
    Elder in The Lost Slayers
    bigbeanoCaptainslayerDLH
  • @Shteevie Please don't take away our precious damage, common sense is damage badge SHOULD be taken into calculation BEFORE multiplying

@PR0DJ @jimmorrison369 Should we start another research to see if this illogical damage calculation happened to our health badge & damage reduction badge too?
    Shteevie said, "It works both ways; you can get a higher rarity badge than the rarity f the components that are used. This system allows all components to have some potential value to the players."
    But there is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is INJUSTICE.
    sbf
  • So basically you're are saying the badges (well at least the critical damage badges) we've all worked hard to get aren't as useful as they are described!!
    Wtf
    Elder and recruiter for thelostslayers (top 25 global guild) and sister group tlsII
    Message me on here or find me on the line app look for captainlost

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    bigbeanosbf

Elder and recruiter for thelostslayers (top 25 global guild) and sister group tlsII
    Message me on here or find me on the line app look for captainlost

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    bigbeanosbf
  • Monsuta said:

@jimmorrison369 Should we start another research to see if this illogical damage calculation happened to our health badge & damage reduction badge too?

I would like it much more if this could just be public information.
    That way I can make an educated evaluation of traits and badges.

But about damage reduction and health, they don't interact.
    Your critical damage depends on your damage.
    Your damage reduction does not depend on your health.
    Monsuta
  • shhh. be careful before they change the decimal point from 4600 damage to 460 lol
  • DLHDLH Member
    So poor code, logical and incorrect calculations are intended?
    Leader in Asylum Family