MELEE BUFF: Action Points

Make all melee survivors have 3 action points instead of two.

Allow them to move before and after attacking.

((Side note: with two action points, ALL survivors should be able to move then attack OR attack then move. It makes no sense that you lose your action point if you shoot first))
Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
Phalanx44romeoGeneral_QuatresligoemTJSCaptainslayerJadenbigbeanoKratoscrambert_necekimhclewrfg1982SynapseRangerTimber

Comments

• romeoromeo Member
    now that is balancing. great idea
    sligoemGrimes0688
  • I have always wondered why it was this way. I can move & shoot in one turn. I can move, and sometimes survivor will move again to complete the shot. But like mentioned if you shoot first you are done.
  • Melee needs a BIG buff, not a little one. A few HP will make little difference.

@Teeceezy what do you think?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Captainslayerekimhclewbigbeano
  • @Teeceezy pls take this into consideration! NG has screwed over melee and have made this game more ranged shooting and less strategy. Pls take melee buffs to help them! ~from a loyal player that won’t ever leave
  • I thought that melee would be way more useful if they didn't body shot. Body shotting a zombie at point blank range with a melee weapon doesn't make a lot of sense anyway.
    Good luck, dumbass
    ekimhclewBiggyGuyinTWDbigbeano
  • The "Shoot then Move" argument is prevalent for balancing in most of these Action Point games.

If you implement it, the game gets easier unless you seriously buff the enemies (for example increase Zombie MOvement range etc)

I agree that Melee needs a Buff though. If you move in and the Zombie survives -> Bruised (for anything but Bruisers or Tanky Warriors) even worse if there are more Zombies around.

Ranged Survivors can jsut keep their distance and a second shot in

But I think the "How" should be decided per Class.

I think a Scout could benefit from a third Action point, including Movement after attacking. (Though reducing his Movement speed in the process so he does not move further as he does now.)

The Warrior and Bruiser don't fit that profile. The former needs some sort of defensive buff

I am not sure about the Bruiser though.
    BiggyGuyinTWD
  • BiggyGuyinTWDBiggyGuyinTWD Member
    edited December 7
    I think badges are part of the problem. Melee survivors require damage badges AND defense badges, wereas ranged only require damage. Building up our glass cannons. Can't hurt me if I kill you before you reach me. Neener neener.

Because of this, as we get nicer badges, everyone sticks them on the ranged guys first... Creating an even BIGGER gap with their melee counterparts.

Perhaps melee survivors could have 8 badges slots?

Or fragments could be melee/ranged specific?
    bigbeano
  • What would happen to swift strike when that thing would start to work?
  • SplatterSplatter Member
    edited December 8
    It would totally change the mechanics of the game.
    bladgier