NEW Update 2.8 Sneak Preview of Armor Traits, New Hero, and Much More by Terminates

TerminatesTerminates Content Creator

I hope everyone is getting ready for 2.8!!! There are many things I am going to love about the new update and there's some things I am still concerned about...but I usually adjust to changes. I just hope the community can be as flexible as I am, but if you have issues with anything from the update...always voice your opinion on the forums. Maybe, just maybe, they will listen to us one day lolol :D

Need some visual stimulation?
Click HERE to view my Youtube channel. Watch for quick updates and early announcements regarding our beloved TWD NML game.
Join the EH family and party with me!
FragzieAndy_bMystiquejimmorrison369JadenclausLeneJayZpradiCarlybigbeanoTJSmik81_Lily_Aval0nSPC_TORRESKillersZGovernatorAndreatomducat21autumn_ashBuckzzGForcekjmia421

Comments

• JayZJayZ Member
    Love that you include text in the video. Can't watch with audio at the office, but the text allows me to scan through the video and get the updates. Thank you, as always!
    Terminates707EmeraldTriangleRouvinator
  • I thought there was a new shooter weapon trait as well?
    Leader of Rise or Die
    Terminateskjmia421
  • TerminatesTerminates Content Creator
    @crambert_nec Did they mention it in the forum patch notes? I just went by what the mods gave us and I didnt see anything about a weapon :o

Click HERE to view my Youtube channel. Watch for quick updates and early announcements regarding our beloved TWD NML game.
  • ^^^ I second that and great job as always @Terminates.
    Terminatesromeo
    @JayZ Thank you!!!! <3

I actually watch my own video on mute to see if maybe the hearing impaired can understand everything without having to hear my nasty voice lol

I am glad it worked ;)

JayZTJS
  • FragzieFragzie Content Creator
    Weapon Trait: Double Tap. Shooters will have a powerful new Trait for managing crowds of walkers or tough human enemies.

Looks like they dropped that then.
    Guild: Fragzie

Sister Guild: Fragzie Killers

Vacation Guild: Fragzie 2

YouTube Channel: Fragzie: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6FxWeMG3wi4eg5zv-AsWwg

Have some fun and kick some zombie arse!!
    Terminatesbigbeano
    @crambert_nec You are correct, there is a shooter weapon they mentioned in the announcement. I did not see that part...so ignore what I say in the video lol

crambert_necromeo
    @Fragzie I think they may have that weapon but I just didn't see it. I am not sure if they dropped it. It wasn't in our CC list so I thought it didnt exist lol

Maybe @Teeceezy can help? ;p

Fragziebigbeanoromeo
  • FragzieFragzie Content Creator
    @Terminates It sounded like a pretty important trait so I expected to see it in the CC notes. Not being in the CC notes I figured they have dropped it.

Maybe @Teeceezy or @Fearofabotplanet can help? ;p
    Guild: Fragzie

Sister Guild: Fragzie Killers

Vacation Guild: Fragzie 2

YouTube Channel: Fragzie: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6FxWeMG3wi4eg5zv-AsWwg

Have some fun and kick some zombie arse!!
    Terminatesbigbeano
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Administrator
    Unfortunately the Double Tap trait won’t be released in Update 2.8. During QA we noticed a bug that couldn’t be fixed in the short time frame remaining before release and we weren’t comfortable releasing the trait with. We’ll release an announcement regarding this tomorrow.
    Terminatesrfg1982painwalker
  • Edd8Edd8 Member
    What about challenge starting level??? Survivors level 20-23 will start the challenge at RSL 14 and triple at 19.

They can't drop that.
    Terminatesromeo
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Administrator
    edited October 12
    @Edd8 All prior announced changes to trait balance, challenge balance etc will go ahead as planned. :)
    TerminatespradiDLichpainwalkersbf
  • Edd8Edd8 Member
    @Teeceezy Thanks.
    Terminatesromeo
  • JayZJayZ Member
    @Teeceezy can you also confirm that the Training Gear trait is different from what had previously announced? This one actually makes a lot more sense than the previous one.
    Terminates
  • TJSTJS Member

......lost for words......
    Terminatesromeokjmia421
    @JayZ Thats a great question since something about "increasing training speed for survivors" was the original plan.

DLichromeo
    @DLich Even sniper harness seems like its mostly for outposts and raiding...since you only get the damage reduction and extra damage "in cover". I don't really see too many maps with "cover" unless a raider is involved...right?

DLichJadenbigbeano
  • DLichDLich Member
    @Terminates it’s only in cover? Damn I shoulda paid better attention. Yeah need human defenders / freemen for cover to even be a thing.

That’s wacko tobacco. Training gear seems cool. Especially when gold with Maggie and on double xp booster.
    Need to find a guild? Click here
    Need some strategy? Click here
    Have a suggestion? Click here
    Having an issue? Click here
    Want to have some fun? Click here
    Looking for some pasta that's creepy? Click here
    Want to hear what I have to say about this game? Click here
    Terminates
  • DLichDLich Member
    Training gear is 20/30/40 percent bonus xp.

Assuming Maggie gives 40%

Oh wait. Does that stack? Does Maggie’s 40% stack on top of the traits 40%? Or is it applied before.

Let’s say xp is 1K for a walker. Just to make numbers smooth.

Maggie does 40% boost which is 1,400 plus xp booster is 2,800 xp

Now add training gear.

Is it 1000 base + 40% trait (1400) plus Maggie’s 40% bringing it to 1960?

Or is it base 1000 plus (Maggie’s 40% + traits 40% = 80%) which is 1800?
    Need to find a guild? Click here
    Need some strategy? Click here
    Have a suggestion? Click here
    Having an issue? Click here
    Want to have some fun? Click here
    Looking for some pasta that's creepy? Click here
    Want to hear what I have to say about this game? Click here
    JadenTerminates
    You lost me at the first number :D

Jadenbigbeano
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member
    edited October 13
    DLich said:

Training gear is 20/30/40 percent bonus xp.

Assuming Maggie gives 40%

Oh wait. Does that stack? Does Maggie’s 40% stack on top of the traits 40%? Or is it applied before.

Let’s say xp is 1K for a walker. Just to make numbers smooth.

Maggie does 40% boost which is 1,400 plus xp booster is 2,800 xp

Now add training gear.

Is it 1000 base + 40% trait (1400) plus Maggie’s 40% bringing it to 1960?

Or is it base 1000 plus (Maggie’s 40% + traits 40% = 80%) which is 1800?

I'm guessing that for the armor, only that survivor gets the bonus if they get the killing blow in... speculation for sure, but I don't see them giving you a blanket % increase for all walkers killed by anyone on a team with an armor trait.

To answer your math question, I think testing is going to be required.
    Want to send me a private message? Just click here: @Bill_ZRT

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity
    Terminates
  • Will there be a way to see what the rewards are in normal or hard mode of The Distance before choosing?
    tabernacRouvinator
  • ignasignas Member
    Hi,

How come supplies storage would be possible to upgrade to 11 if currently in the game it is written the requirement is council level 23?
    Terminates
    @ignas That will change when update hits :)

• @Terminates thank you, your reviews are the best <3
    TWD ⭐️ FearTWD ⭐️ Ride with Norman Reedus
    GForceTerminates
    @TransmuteJun I didnt want to answer that since I did not know the answer. But it seems like you can only see it after you choose it :(

• Thanks, @Terminates . Some of our guild members did the normal Distance yesterday, so they told us what was in it. I actually ended up trying it on a Distance reset. It wasn't too bad. Lots of food (which right now isn't a bad thing) and XP, 15 Ezekiel tokens, 30 Dwight tokens, 45 Merle tokens, and a bunch of scout and assault tokens.
    Terminates
    @TransmuteJun That kind of farming is really not bad then! I would probably do normal version first and then spend the gold for hard mode...I dont think normal mode is worth the 400 gold >.<