Update 2.8 - Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• Dodkong said:

Putchuco said:

If Jerry is treated like Aaron I don’t think we can get his token through radio calls, hence no dilution. That’s how I understood it.

Why would the assumption be that Jerry is treated like Aaron? Negan, Ezekial, and Governor all were introduced like Jerry will be. All were added into the token pool.
    @Fearofabotplanet @Teeceezy can we get further clarification on Jerry and his token?
    Similar to Aaron or more like Negan, ie available in radio calls at some point?
    Thx!
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    apply to 'RickRollers Gym' or contact me on 'Line' Chat: Putchuco
  • edited October 13
    DLich said:

@mik81 I just found it. Thanks @JayZ for your chart again!!

JayZ's post

Lvl 20 Normal Walker - Damage 436; Health 1,254
    Lvl 26 Normal Walker - Damage 1,063; Health 3,493
    --- Damage increase 143.80%; Health Increase 178.55%

Lvl 20 Armor Walker - Damage 436; Health 3,584
    Lvl 26 Armor Walker - Damage 1,063; Health 10,226
    --- Damage increase 143.80%; Health Increase 185.32%

Lvl 20 Tank Walker - Damage 436; Health 6,159
    Lvl 26 Tank Walker - Damage 1,063; Health 17,904
    --- Damage increase 143.80%; Health Increase 190.70%

If lvl 20 walkers give us about 550 TG's and the difficulty of killing them is increasing a minimum of 178% when facing lvl 26 walkers... that would mean I should expect to receive 1529 TG's for grabbing the TG's (considering TG's are based on the level/quantity of the walkers

550 + 178% (979) = 1529

Will the quantity of TG's received increase @Teeceezy @Fearofabotplanet @Shteevie

edit* If the quantity of TG's aren't increased for facing an outpost with lvl 26 walkers or the system is restructured in any way where the max 550 will be with lvl 26 walkers and the current lvl 20 walkers will be downgraded to a lower number... Then this is a nerf.

If the outpost difficulty is going to be much greater without any type of increased rewards (TG's) for defeating them then you've made something harder without any added benefit.

If the opponents are 178% harder to kill (health increase) then I'd expect to receive 178% more TG's than I do now for defeating them. Anything less than 1500 TG's for grabbing the crates on an outpost that has lvl 26 walkers would be unacceptable imo. Even then, crate blockers it's a waste of time and injury for nothing.

Stun is taken away so yes technically I can stun the defenders but when they are in cover and use sniper harness or whatever it's called they will take less damage... that on top of the fact that the walkers are almost 3x harder to defeat it's more likely i'll be injured prior to even getting to open the gate. More time needed to play, more strategy... These aren't bad things... but the reward should increase as well!

@Teeceezy @Shteevie @Fearofabotplanet -- and along this point, will attackers have any way of gauging walker level going in? For many this would be a suicide mission and would cause many to tank influence again etc. At least if we have a way to know how high level the walkers are, we could avoid and save the gas/hospital/real-life time.

Oh and "Tents"? How many Tents are we talking??

Also @DLich or other number-crunchers: based on the supply/XP increase ratio for all the buildings we're looking at, and of course gear going 25-->26, what are people's guesses on cost? I honestly don't remember how much the Council and other buildings cost last time.

I'm sure there's a chart with % increase for each building/gear rarity somewhere, yeah?

This seems like a VERY long grind if you ask me. I wonder what the BP will look like and if we'll need that highest BP to get the best gear from crates...
  • 8N88N8 Member
    New hero: Jerry!

You are putting in a character that has only been in FIVE episodes. Count it. Five. We know next to nothing about Jerry and you're telling me he's a new playable character?

Not that I even care about collecting heroes, I just would like to point out how moronic the concept of putting in a character who has only been in the show for 5 episodes. You're really grasping at straws here, NG. Who's next? Bud the Savior from the mid-season premier of Season 6, who was there for one episode? Judith?? Rick's cousin??? Where does it end? Of all people, why Jerry?
    KyrusBryan18painwalkerADPaqatrainofficialTBRaiderstheldssdl
  • DLichDLich Member
    Council lvl 20 was 6.5 mil supplies; 46 hours
    I don't remember what Council lvl 22 stats were
    --- I'm figuring Council lvl 22 will be around 8-9 mil supplies and roughly 50-52 hours

Training Grounds lvl 20 was 12 mil supplies; 48 hours
    I don't remember what Training Grounds lvl 21 stats were
    --- I'm figuring Training Grounds lvl 22 will be around 12-14 mil supplies and roughly 50-52 hours

Workshop lvl 18 was 12 mil supplies; 48 hours
    I don't remember what Workshop lvl 19 stats were
    --- I'm figuring Workshop lvl 20 will be around 12-14 mil supplies and roughly 50-52 hours

Supplies Storage lvl 10 was 3.75 mil supplies; 30 hours
    --- I'm figuring Supplies Storage lvl 11 will be around 5-6.5 mil supplies and roughly 34-36 hours
    --- Also the storage increase (if comparable to current) will be between 2.2 mil and 4.4 mil extra each (there are 4 total)

XP Tents are as follows (I'll link an image from @OneLessTitan 's website)

Level 11 is 6 mil supplies, 48 hour upgrade

Adding up all the supplies costs it's 14,220,700 supplies to achieve lvl 11 with a max production of 3K XP per hour
    Assuming there are 2 available that's 28,441,400 total for 2 supply tents to "max out"

So to recap..

Council lvl 22 will cost about 8-9 mil supplies (estimate) and take roughly 50-52 hours
    Training Grounds lvl 22 will cost about 12-14 mil supplies (estimate) and take roughly 50-52 hours
    Workshop lvl 18 will cost about 12-14 mil supplies (estimate) and take roughly 50-52 hours
    Supplies Storage lvl 11 will cost about 5-6.5 mil supplies (estimate) and take roughly 34-36 hours
    XP Tents (each) will cost about 14.2 mil supplies (estimate) and take roughly 180 hours to equal xp tents max

All in all we're looking at 51.2 mil - 57.7 mil supplies and roughly 364 hours (15.17 total days) of waiting for things to upgrade. This also only includes 1 tent. If there are 2 tents it's 65.4 mil - 71.9 mil supplies and roughly 544 hours (22.67 total days) of waiting for things to upgrade. Unless you spend gold. @Bill_ZRT I am NML's mathematical prodigy LOL

Credit to OLT's Wordpress Site for the information.
    Need to find a guild? Click here
    Need some strategy? Click here
    Have a suggestion? Click here
    Having an issue? Click here
    Want to have some fun? Click here
    Looking for some pasta that's creepy? Click here
    Want to hear what I have to say about this game? Click here
    Bill_ZRTMrsScattercushion
  • jbuoyjbuoy Member
    @Teeceezy @Shteevie @Fearofabotplanet
    If I have a survivor with "training gear" at say gold - 40%, and that survivor is on a mission with Maggie as the leader (leader trait at say 40% more XP from kills), does the more XP percentages stack or is it percent of percent?
    40%+40%=80% or
    40%*40%=56%
    DLich
  • 8N8 said:

You are putting in a character that has only been in FIVE episodes. Count it. Five. We know next to nothing about Jerry and you're telling me he's a new playable character?

Not that I even care about collecting heroes, I just would like to point out how moronic the concept of putting in a character who has only been in the show for 5 episodes. You're really grasping at straws here, NG. Who's next? Bud the Savior from the mid-season premier of Season 6, who was there for one episode? Judith?? Rick's cousin??? Where does it end? Of all people, why Jerry?

My thought here would be that Jerry is a fan favorite, and there's not many other people who could be introduced as viable heroes. I'm also going to assume that he will have a much larger role in this season.
    I do see his trait being valuable in some scenarios once it's leveled up. That's the real appeal of the heroes for me. They sit idly by 95% of the time (except abe....he's my most used toon), but they are each (80% of them anyway) invaluable in certain maps. That's why heroes don't count against your survivor slots...well you get an extra one with each hero for them to occupy.
    Yes, there is some token dilution when new ones are introduced, but there are also many more ways to get hero tokens now than there were when we had 4 or 5 of them (rewards in the distance, token crates in challenge, constant availability of platinum radio calls).

I have every hero unlocked except a-a ron and carl....he's a slippery bugger. Of the 20 i have, 8 are legendary, 1 pink, 8 epic, and only 3 are rare. The progression has gotten a ton faster in since the recent changes than it used to be with a much lower number of possible survivors.
    Guild - MAVERICKS OG & MavRickRollers
    Alt - Leader of MAVERICKS NOC
    Part of the MAVERICKS Family.
    SCBMAatrainofficial
  • DLichDLich Member
    jbuoy said:

@Teeceezy @Shteevie @Fearofabotplanet
    If I have a survivor with "training gear" at say gold - 40%, and that survivor is on a mission with Maggie as the leader (leader trait at say 40% more XP from kills), does the more XP percentages stack or is it percent of percent?
    40%+40%=80% or
    40%*40%=56%

I don't think it stacks like luck. I gave an example because I have a similar question about this. It's best to use whole numbers to make it easier for people to understand.

Let's assume a walker gives 1,000 XP.. This is the normal base number. If Maggie is added and let's say she's 40% then all survivors will get 1,400 XP per kill (40% of 1,000 is 400).

Now let's assume the survivor has training gear. is the 40% gold trait added to the 1,400 that Maggie gives? Would it be 1960 XP? [(1,000 base + 40% maggie boost) + 40% training gear boost]
    Would it be 1800 XP? [1,000 base + (40% maggie boost + 40% training gear boost)]

When maggie is used all 3 survivors get an xp boost
    When maggie isn't used all 3 survivors get the base xp

is it [( X + 40%) + 40%] = 1.4X + 40% (compounded) or
    is it [ X + (40% + 40%)] = X + 80% (not compounded)
  • Putchuco said:

@Fearofabotplanet @Teeceezy can we get further clarification on Jerry and his token?
    Similar to Aaron or more like Negan, ie available in radio calls at some point?
    Thx!

Not quite official, but from about 2.10 - 2.15 section in @painwalker's video which is linked here, he clearly states that his tokens will be available in radio calls after he's unlocked just like every other hero that's been unlocked in these season missions.
    Want to send me a private message? Just click here: @Bill_ZRT

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity
    DLich
  • TJSTJS Member
    > @jbuoy said:
    > @Teeceezy @Shteevie @Fearofabotplanet
    > If I have a survivor with "training gear" at say gold - 40%, and that survivor is on a mission with Maggie as the leader (leader trait at say 40% more XP from kills), does the more XP percentages stack or is it percent of percent?
    > 40%+40%=80% or
    > 40%*40%=56%

As it's only the survivor wearing training gear that gets (in your example 40%)
    Wouldn't it be (kills from survivor with training gear + 40%) + other kills = XXX (+ 40% from Maggie's trait) ?
    Looking for a guild? TheJusticeSquad is looking for new talented members. PM me or Send details to twd.thejusticesquad@gmail.com
  • 8N8 said:

I've already answered your question even before you asked :D
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/267969/#Comment_267969
    Monsuta said:

Season 8 mission mean NG need a new unlocking hero, but they're running out of option so a random nobody supporting character in Season 8 like Jerry was chosen?

There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
  • painwalkerpainwalker Content Creator
    This thread has been infected by Dlich. Where is the anti virus program?
    Every change NG does is for the better. :)

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnu91DEXHRfzGIZP1MKLU6Q
    rfg1982GovernatorPapacas
    Why is everyone so unhappy with 26 walkers? Lv 23 survivors and lv 26 gear will easily remove them from the map. Add the badges on and watch fireworks.

sbfEdd8Kyrus8N8bigbeanoAval0nLightfeetPapacasMrSorrowADPaqkjmia421Dbld1369
  • DLichDLich Member
    edited October 13

@painwalker level 26 regular walkers aren't the issue. Level 26 tanks in combo with stun resist nerf will prove to be problematic. Level 26 armored even harder. We'll see how it plays out but the scout grabbing TG era may be at an end.

Exactly this.

Typically even against lvl 20 tanks they are killed in 2 hits. What i'll do sometimes is place my scout so it'll interrupt the tank attacking me (lvl 22 so thankfully lvl 26 tanks should still be interrupted) and then use the hit on my next turn to kill it. But now it's going to take minimum 6 hits. Plus factor in body shots because the game calculates those it's now going to be 6-8 hits against a tank.

Let's just hope there isn't a bug that allows you to place 6 tanks on the board. I get upgrading it to lvl 22 or 23 but 26? I just hope players don't find any benefit in using their TG's (which seems are going to be harder to attain) to actually upgrade their walkers levels.

Using this resource to strengthen your defense (which really only gives players a harder time) while attacking those who have decided to also strengthen their defense will make the ability to earn as well as the importance of properly spending TG's that much more important.

Outposts will be longer to play. Many play outposts because they may not want to play the challenge.

If I'm constantly getting paired up against walkers of lvl 26 I might as well play the challenge!!

Next you're going to tell me the costs for TG and gas to search for an outpost have increased as well..
    @8N8 o:) @Teeceezy virus badge please

SCBMAPapacas
  • > @painwalker said:
    > Why is everyone so unhappy with 26 walkers? Lv 23 survivors and lv 26 gear will easily remove them from the map. Add the badges on and watch fireworks.

Well for me personally it makes it a pain in the butt to complete and if they have the max amount of walkers I will undoubtedly take damage. Why? Bc NG refused to give us the new content we needed and instead just pushes the end point farther and farther back. Since there is no end game I decided a long time ago lvl20 survivors is my end game. I feel there's no reason to grind for months to keep upgrading and watch my weapons and armour become obsolete. Yeah it's my choice no not continue upgrading and that's why I won't keep playing for another year while there's no incentive to do so. Same maps, same objectives. So bored.
    TBRaiders
  • FragzieFragzie Content Creator
    edited October 13
    Was there any news on the burning walkers/incendiary, slow down/lag bug being fixed or are a lot of the challenge maps still going to be unplayable/never to be seen again?

@Teeceezy @Fearofabotplanet
    Guild: Fragzie

Sister Guild: Fragzie Killers

Vacation Guild: Fragzie 2

YouTube Channel: Fragzie: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6FxWeMG3wi4eg5zv-AsWwg

Have some fun and kick some zombie arse!!
    TJS
  • Fragzie said:

Was there any news on the burning walkers/incendiary, slow down/lag bug being fixed or are a lot of the challenge maps still going to be unplayable/never to be seen again?

@Teeceezy @Fearofabotplanet

There was an official statement somewhere what said that it was supposed to be fixed in 2.8. No idea if that didn't make the cut for some reason.
    Want to send me a private message? Just click here: @Bill_ZRT

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity
    Fragzie
  • sbfsbf Member
    edited October 13
    @Teeceezy Just making sure you remember saying this:

We are all expecting retirement values to go on their "way up."

Thanks!!
    Elder in The Lost Slayers
    Papacaskjmia421
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator
    @Fragzie you may want to take a look at this post by @Fearofabotplanet .
    Fragzie
  • HelioHelio Member
    Wrestling should have been chance to knock down a walker (basically a stun, but keeping the theme of wrestling)... since we can't kill a fatty, maybe stunning a fatty for a round or 2 would be useful...

Thank you zbot, I must have missed that.

Do you know if the instant heal from being bruised will be fixed with the update? zbot tcz foabp

YouTube Channel: Fragzie: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6FxWeMG3wi4eg5zv-AsWwg

JayZKyrusMonsutaI_Am_Psycho
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator
    @Fragzie what RSL? If the RSL is lower than your survivor levels usually bruises will heal instantly. This was changed a few updates back. If you are instant healing from bruises from high RSL it may be due to the reduced healing time event.
    Fragzie
    It must be due to the RSL and everything is working as intended.