Critical chance and critical damage badges

What do these two do and how do you use them?

I think....
Critical chance is an increased chance for a critical shot and critical damage lowers the opponents damage by the associated %.

Is that anywhere close?
Want a laid back, friendly guild? We all have lives in the real world. While we require participation in the challenges, we encourage family time and engaging in life activities. Avoid burnout and still enjoy playing by joining SurviveorDie!

Comments

• The first one is right, but the second, no.
    Critical damage increases the damage you do when you get a critical hit

Your second description is for damage reduction, or iron skin
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member
    edited November 15
    Critical Chance badge increase the chance of critical attack
    Critical Damage badge increase the damage of critical attack

If it's body shot then critical attack would not triggered
    Piercing can reduce the chance of body shot
    Charge attack are guaranteed non-body-shot
    Charge attack on Scout, Shooter & Hunter are guaranteed critical attack
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is NOT WORKING AS INTENDED & it's UNFAIR.
    mik81Biraju_MAVERICKSautumn_ash
  • Sooo.... critical damage is based on the survivor’s base damage. That means don’t apply them to low damage classes like assault and bruisers? Right?

Does it matter who gets the critical chance?

Sincerely, thanks for the time you all are taking to help me understand this.
    Want a laid back, friendly guild? We all have lives in the real world. While we require participation in the challenges, we encourage family time and engaging in life activities. Avoid burnout and still enjoy playing by joining SurviveorDie!
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member
    edited November 15
    Scout, Warrior, Hunter & Shooter do 135% to 165% critical damage from their normal damage.
    Assault & Bruiser do 100% to 150% critical damage from their normal damage.

The critical damage when badge damage added are calculated after those multiplying factor, so they're doing less critical damage than it should.
    There is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft the badge, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    SmokeandMirrors
  • ElkadorElkador Content Creator
    I don't understand this very good @Monsuta
    Does it mean, that +damage badge and +crit damage badge are not that good in combination, because the critical damage doesn't count the +damage badge?

Which char should wear crit damage badges and what ist better? %crit damage or crit damage in numbers?
  • I just badge&play :)
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    Artisans
  • edited November 16
    Damage badges come last
    Monsuta said:

was calculated as (2571*(1.25+0.16))+242)*1.14 = 4408.5054

fixed.

Basically, the damage badges are calculated just before the damage goes in the random number generator. (to decide where in between 80% and 120% of the damage is done). After that, it lands. Every other reduction or increase was already finished.

Back to topic.
    You can apply critical chance to all types of survivors.
    In general getting critical hits is a good thing for any survivor if you want to damage with them.
    It is especially good when you have a weapon that has "destructive"
    Hunter, scout and shooter don't need it for their charge attack. It is always a critical, so no critical chance needed.
    Fighting against survivors in outpost, or doing season missions can come a lot easier when you have higher critical chance

But
    Remember about body-shots. They ruin critical hits (and much more), unless you do a charge attack.
    Your critical chance badges are worthless when you do a body-shot.
    MonsutaJackBauerbigbeanoOneVoice
  • Yeah. I keep my crit chance badges for assault, bruiser and warrior as they don't get guaranteed crits with charge attacks.
    jimmorrison369
  • avelardezavelardez Member
    edited December 3
    I stack 3 damage and 3 critical damage badges and try to use percentage badges if I can.
  • @avelardez You should use gold piercing weapons which guaranteed 30% non-bodyshot on level 30 non-bulletproof enemies using normal attack if those are level 23 7 star survivors.
  • @avelardez Make sense you use Sasha without piercing to boost charge percentage.