Governor's leader trait

So I've noticed the governors trait works 100% of the time on supplies and xp, but 0% on gear. Anyone else having this issue? I've been watching the last few challenges and the little green improved rewards sign NEVER pops up on gear even though it's supposed to improve 15% of the time. Is it like maggie and is working even though it doesn't show or is my game just glitched. Curious for feedback on this.

Comments

• So I've noticed the governors trait works 100% of the time on supplies and xp, but 0% on gear. Anyone else having this issue? I've been watching the last few challenges and the little green improved rewards sign NEVER pops up on gear even though it's supposed to improve 15% of the time. Is it like maggie and is working even though it doesn't show or is my game just glitched. Curious for feedback on this.

It's been asked in previous threads and the official line is, "It is working as intended." Unfortunately, the intended results are crap when it comes to having equipment appear at a higher level.
    mudpie
  • I have a feeling that I have read this thread before...

Yes, it does work for gear, too - but the percentage is rather low so you won't see it happen very often.

Rarely happens when I actually would need it (as in making level 22 gear into level 23 gear) but it works nonetheless.

Leader of Morbid Sinners, Elder in Morbid Spirits, Morbid Saints and Morbid Souls

We are currently recruiting.
    DBonesmudpie
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator
    It works but you need a little luck, too bad it was low RSL.
    mudpie
  • sbfsbf Member
    This is a valid issue that I have an open ticket with in-game support on. I have run hundreds and hundreds of missions with the governor as leader and have not received a single piece of improved gear (my governor is epic with 15% chance of improved gear), and I have screenshots to prove it. I was told that this was a unique issue that hasn't come up for anyone else, but I'm not surprised that others are experiencing this bug too. @zbot Please do not write this off as rng, it's not (for everyone who has used him a lot). It's unfortunate that some are able to reap the rewards of upgraded gear (however much or little it might be), but not everyone.

@mikpay2316 If you haven't already, I'd say take screenshots of the next hundred or so missions you take him on since this kind of data is important in showing that there is something wrong.
    Elder in The Lost Slayers
    mudpie
  • I have seen it once working. I was so surprised that I sent a screenshot to the guild to demistify the non working rumour.
    So everything is working as intended.
    -----------------
    Former Member of #nocarlclub
    mack22mudpie
  • Dont expect it and you wont be disappointed. Ive received upgraded gear a few times but they are always too low. Im happy enough with the food and xp.
    jesteratrainofficial
  • JayZJayZ Member
    @Jaden Wow, I have literally never seen that. There's no way it's "working as intended"...
    SCBMAmudpieTJS
  • JadenJaden Member
    edited November 16
    @JayZ

Had it happen twice in a row yesterday - higher level green scrap, yay. :p
    I use Governor a lot early in the challenge, though (can't hurt). Might that be why I am seeing this more often? (From the post above it seems no, but it works for me on all 3 accounts I have...)
    Leader of Morbid Sinners, Elder in Morbid Spirits, Morbid Saints and Morbid Souls

• JayZJayZ Member
    Jaden said:

@JayZ

Had it happen twice in a row yesterday - higher level green scrap, yay. :p
    I use Governor a lot early in the challenge, though (can't hurt). Might that be why I am seeing this more often? (From the post above it seems no, but it works for me on all 3 accounts I have...)

I use Governor in every scavenge mission and challenges up until RSL26, and I haven't seen that ever!
  • Same here. Hundreds of missions with him and I've never once seen a piece of gear improved.
    Leader of Rise or Die
  • The trait has worked on gear for me before. It’s not often, but I have seen it a few times.
    Want a laid back, friendly guild? We all have lives in the real world. While we require participation in the challenges, we encourage family time and engaging in life activities. Avoid burnout and still enjoy playing by joining SurviveorDie!
  • There are definitely bugs that only affect some players.

When badges were introduced I could not craft on my main account until the first distance started. I filled all slots and hit the button and nothung happened.

The moment The Distance started that bug was gone.

So there could be some very weird and totally not obvious reason for the trait not improving gear at all.

• Also with the faster box animations,
    I hardly ever see any increase on the supplies and xp either.
    So I wouldn't know it if it did work.
    But when I wait I see it work on supplies and xp.

The times I did see it work on gear, it was always in low level missions.
  • I haven’t seen this often. I play with the governor in every one of my scavenge missions and only once or twice have I seen it work. The gear that does level up is usually crap gear