iPad Dock Disappears after viewing ads

This only started happening in the last three days or so. I finally researched the issue, and the iOS dock in iOS 11 can disappear with certain mobile games that display full-screen ads. The only way to make it reappear is to restart the iPad which is annoying considering how many times a day I open this amazing game.

Is this a known issue that’s being worked on? I haven’t seen any other threads about it. It must be something that happened with the most recent update to the game.

Thank you!
Proud Member of the Beware Guild!
Gobold69JTanner

Comments

• Please note the time in each screenshot. First is with the iOS 11 dock - then I watched two in-game ads and it disappeared.

• If I rotate to portrait, the dock reappears mostly off the screen and disappears again when going back into landscape mode. This is the exact behavior I found when searching Apple forums about games effecting the dock.

• Here is the discussion on Apple’s forums where it’s happening with another game. https://discussions.apple.com/message/32513720?start=15&tstart=0
  • Same here, on iPad.
  • Same here, iPad, iOS 11.2.1
    Leader "DerWiderstand 2"
  • Yep. Me too. iPad. I’ve read it’s an Apple problem. I took all my apps off the dock. It’s just a workaround.
    Want a laid back, friendly guild? We all have lives in the real world. While we require participation in the challenges, we encourage family time and engaging in life activities. Avoid burnout and still enjoy playing by joining SurviveorDie!
  • > @SmokeandMirrors said:
    > Yep. Me too. iPad. I’ve read it’s an Apple problem. I took all my apps off the dock. It’s just a workaround.

I didn’t have a problem with this game doing this up until a few days ago.
  • Me either. It was two days ago.
    Want a laid back, friendly guild? We all have lives in the real world. While we require participation in the challenges, we encourage family time and engaging in life activities. Avoid burnout and still enjoy playing by joining SurviveorDie!
    KitsuneGobold69
  • Same in my iPad mini 4. Only since last small iOS update.

Did some testing and TWD is the only app that causes it. Have to restart to get dock back properly. So only using my iPhone X for the game

Yes a iOS problem but also possible bad coding from the games that have this as they get plenty of time before software updates to test

Notice no response from NG yet on this?
  • Gobold69 said:

Same in my iPad mini 4. Only since last small iOS update.

Did some testing and TWD is the only app that causes it. Have to restart to get dock back properly. So only using my iPhone X for the game

Yes a iOS problem but also possible bad coding from the games that have this as they get plenty of time before software updates to test

Notice no response from NG yet on this?

No response and this is still happening. This is the only mobile game that I play that causes this. I can’t believe they haven’t addressed this.
    FredSpringerGobold69JTanner
  • I have The same problem after the latest ng update. Also the game lags after I make 70+ kills in a mission. iPad Pro.
    Fragzie
  • I also found once this happens I can no longer watch drive in ads correctly. It will show one and just after the finish, I get a quick flash of an old add, pick a crate and get the “back to camp”. Then no bonus crates after mission.
    If I use my Android, I get to watch all 4 drive in ads, then get the bonus chests each mission.

This is, from what I am able to gather, due to a change in the iOS code for the auto rotation some ads use. I even did the reset all settings option and I was good for one set. After that, back to failure. I add that tidbit just so others don’t go through the hassle of a reset thinking it will fix it as some claim.

This is basically an iOS issue, however Apple has yet to respond about it either, so I don’t fault NG because if Apple is not stating the problem, coders won’t know the fix needed.

Frustrated that ‘The Fruit patrol’ seems more pressed to release updates and not test, or fix, problems.

Sincerely,
    -Failing fanboy!

Member of the Super Greens Family!
    Member of Green Machine!
    Don’t fear the Dead, fear the LIVING!
  • Same for me...but i'm not sure it's related to the game. Feel like it's going to disappear also when i switch between apps...but not sure really...
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
  • Nick37Nick37 Member
    Same problems on my iPad, don’t think it is a fault of NG, but a problem with Apple and games in general that play adds.
    'Aloha Snackbar' guild forever
  • Wow, still nothing. The true test of any company’s customer service is when you have a problem. I’ve drastically cut back on my playtime because I can’t watch ads without having to restart my device.

This all started around the time the patch was implemented for in-game ads not giving rewards so something changed that resulted in this bug being triggered. Other games that my husband and I play with full screen ads do not trigger the bug.

Really sad that there hasn’t been so much as an acknowledgement that you guys are looking into this or at least some other canned response.