The Distance 21/21 completion thread

Comments

• @OneLessTitan Broke the Distance! Kudos!
    DLichInvaderpradi
  • @OneLessTitan
    Please don't take this the wrong way - are you like the "White hat" hackers who enjoy showing how a system can be compromised to point out the flaws?
    I'm expecting some sort of change to be implemented very soon as well, but I'm not sure what that would look like.
    It's cool that you completed it, but the call, wrestle, retire, repeat method seems, I dunno, kind of cheap. Assuming that's what you did, anyhow. Not worth the effort for me. Hopefully any change for future the Distance missions doesn't make it harder to play through "as intended."
    ErdMerkelAlexFiliUKthebull
  • @Mabiki - Did you see my post. In no way am I bragging about my game braun...I don't have that...I have brains. I said "literally anyone can do this"....What I did is not impressive from a gameplay perspective...I'm not trying to fool anyone. I'm going to see how far I can actually get now; I doubt I will be able to get to level 20 like everyone else did with with 4+ survivors remaining and then be able to "beat" the distance. Like i said, without the Freemen bug, it's very possible this thread would be empty (although if the freeman AI can still be manipulated, I can see how to beat level 21, not that I could actually do it.)
    Papacas
  • Can someone explain how to beat Level 41 Walkers with Level 20 Survivors? I realy looking forward to this new mode. But how should this work?
    First 7 Levels was fun. Until Level 8 it makes no sense. It doesnt matter which class I use, the Level 25 walkers already too strong to continou.
    Would be interessting how many really have reached the goal after this period. Is there a video how someone complete the last mission with level 20 characters?
    InvaderAlexFiliUKdmar310
  • All you need to do to make this fair is don't allow additions to the distance roster after starting.

You mean no equipment swopping?

No way!
  • "literally anyone can do this"

I do not recommend trying to milk a cat. Terrible results.

Need to find a guild? Click here
    Need some strategy? Click here
    Have a suggestion? Click here
    Having an issue? Click here
    Want to have some fun? Click here
    Looking for some pasta that's creepy? Click here
    Want to hear what I have to say about this game? Click here
    bigbeanoDoTak
  • jesterjester Member
    edited September 12
    New Game: Guess how many radios it cost @OneLessTitan.

I'd say 167.

Closest without going over wins.
    DLichJadenOneLessTitanStelio
  • @OneLessTitan
    I wasn't accusing you of bragging, fooling, or anything else. I asked a question about why you did it. That's all.
  • MetalMetal Member
    edited September 12
    It will have to change when they see like 2% maybe can beat it. And who really has 56 and up survivors. Not your 95% of avg players
  • Meanwhile at the office in Soumi...

pradi
  • Mabiki said:

I asked a question about why you did it.

Because he was able to do it?

Because he was smart enough?

One of my guildies smashed the Distance too...and how do we know, how every other player did it?
  • @Invader

Geez. I guess I'll never assume an innocent question won't be interpreted as an insult again. Clearly he's able and smart enough. My original post mentioned white-hat hackers pointing out flaws in computer systems, and if OLT had a similar mindset.

Apparently the rest of my post was taken to be an attack, which it was not intended to be. My apologies to @OneLessTitan for that misunderstanding.
    I'll shuffle off to Buffalo now.
  • @Mabiki -- I did not take it as an attack, sorry if my response came off as if it did. I totally got what you were saying, and I was replying in way that tried to clarify that I also think it's "cheap". Like I said, I have to work with what I have, so I did and wanted to let everyone know it's not just a select few that can beat it.
    InvaderMabikiPig
  • > @ErdMerkel said:
    > Can someone explain how to beat Level 41 Walkers with Level 20 Survivors? I realy looking forward to this new mode. But how should this work?
    > First 7 Levels was fun. Until Level 8 it makes no sense. It doesnt matter which class I use, the Level 25 walkers already too strong to continou.
    > Would be interessting how many really have reached the goal after this period. Is there a video how someone complete the last mission with level 20 characters?

I'm struggling too, only got to mission 8/9, can someone post tips/videos?
  • jester said:

New Game: Guess how many radios it cost @OneLessTitan.

I'd say 167.

Closest without going over wins.

I'll try to figure it out. I also authorize NG to disclose how many radios I spent during my first go around since I'm not sure how many I had. I will say this, it cost more than it normally would have since I had to find wrestler gear for a few classes, and didn't want to keep playing Tara Missions, so I made more radio calls than I needed to out of impatience.
    jester
  • I'm struggling too, only got to mission 8/9, can someone post tips/videos?

You´ll find some advice here and sooner or later some videos I guess ;)

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/29390/advice-for-the-distance/p1
    AlexFiliUK
  • Clearly I overestimated the number of radios needed.
  • jester said:

Clearly I overestimated the number of radios needed.

Playing it through "as intended", I got to level 20, and needed 13 radios to finish it off. Obviously spent more the first time through.
    tdiddytabernac
  • Their tactics are called "money". Like seriously, look at the gold counts
  • And NG's "play as intended" worked like a charm because they made said money. Hook, line, sinker. Like scratch off lotto addicts paying my state free taxes but to a private company instead
    SleeperyJeem
  • painwalkerpainwalker Content Creator
    edited September 13
    @Shteevie free leg components for everyone? Guess 6 months of work weren’t enough to stop the top players
    Every change NG does is for the better. :)

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnu91DEXHRfzGIZP1MKLU6Q