Lag with incendiary weapons

When there are a couple of things on fire the game becomes nearly impossible to play.
I'am using a lot of incendiary weapons.

Is this a known issue?
TJSrudjawoldmar310psychwolfFragzieambience

Comments

• TJSTJS Member
    I noticed this myself and tried seeing if anyone had brought it up. I found a few references but not sure if NG is fully aware.
  • TJSTJS Member
    @Whitechapel
    I thought I'd read something about but couldn't find it till just now. It's been reported in "Hunter Lag" in this same category.
    dmar310
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator
    What device are you using? Also what weapons? On my main hunter I have an incendiary rifle that I use and I was still unable to replicate the lag. If you haven't done so, please send in a in game support request so support can look into it.
  • TJSTJS Member
    edited September 11
    I'm on Android
    (Done)
    dmar310
  • dmar310dmar310 Member
    edited September 12
    Its the fire animation causing the lag. Incendiary weapons (especially with two or more survivors), exploding walkers, story missions with burning walkers, etc.

The lag is horrible. I complained about it in another thread, but NG doesn't seem concerned.

I'm ready to dump the game because of it. I spent too much time and resources training hunters, trading for rifles to get incendiary, and then upgrading the rifles just to not be able to use them.

I have no incentive to keep playing if all my hard work will be undone by an update.
    TJSambience
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Administrator
    We're looking into this! Thanks for the reports folks.
    TJSaquilaambience
  • Thank You!
    It seems like that it is working a lot better now. Last week it was nearly unplayable.
    Now I barely have any lag!
    ambience
  • Still bad for me. I just tried the Distance and couldn't even make it through the first 3 easy levels with the lag. Now I have a choice of waiting for a fix then trying to complete it with injured survivors, or spending 400 gold to start over when its fixed.

Thanks, NG, for advertising new missions and rewards then making it impossible to play.
    ambience
    @dmar310 what device are you using to play the game? What are the specs on your device?
  • Android.

Everything worked fine before the update. I've been play this game literally every single day for over 8 months and never had a lag problem until the update.

Please don't try to blame it on my device.
    ambience
  • TJSTJS Member
    @dmar310
    Apparently they are aware of this and working on fix.
    dmar310aquila
    @TJS thanks for contacting support and posting the support response. What model and make is your android device (FYI: it's just me being curious).
    TJS
  • TJSTJS Member
    @zbot
    Samsung Galaxy S5
  • Samsung Galaxy S6
  • TJS said:

@dmar310

Apparently they are aware of this and working on fix.

Thanks for the update, TJS. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon. I am getting so frustrated with it because I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of the new stuff. I started the distance, but without my best survivors, which happen to be hunters with incendiary weapons, I didn't get far.

Thanks again.
    TJS
  • I have an S6 running optimally and I'm getting MAJOR lag during the getting burnt challenge. @Teeceezy
    dmar310
  • Getting Burnt map has never been a problem for my Samsung note tablet before

But as of today, the burning walkers are causing a huge slow down
    The map gets faster the more burners I kill

The map goes goes back to normal speed when all the burners are gone

I used my DU cleaner app to make sure it was not apps in my tablet causing the slow down
    Got the same result after going through and thoroughly cleaning the tablet of garbage, background apps, etc

Is there some sort of new animation that requires way more processor power?
    Make it rain badge fragments, tokens and components
    jimmorrison369dmar310
  • My Nexus 6P dies on this map until I've killed off most of the burners. It's slightly amusing as my phone starts to heat up considerably haha
    EL34xyz
  • I'm getting exactly the same issue.
    EL34xyzambience
  • My guess is it has something to do with the new combat animations. @EL34xyz did you have an assault with you?
    EL34xyz
  • This was never an issue in the past
    Something is wrong with that map
  • My guess is it has something to do with the new combat animations. @EL34xyz did you have an assault with you?

Yes, I had an assault and two hunters
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member
    edited September 13
    But the map goes to a crawl even before I do anything at all
    No animations by my assault or other srvrs have taken place
    It happens as soon as the map spawns

R2runfast
  • painwalkerpainwalker Content Creator
    Ah a Samsung :#
    Every change NG does is for the better. :)

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnu91DEXHRfzGIZP1MKLU6Q
    kjmia421
  • Ah a Samsung :#

What kind of dumb comment is that?
    bigbeanopainwalker
    To all, please take a look at this.

Thanks to @TJS .

@EL34xyz moved to game issues.
    EL34xyzTJS
  • Is it a Galaxy Note 7? People were Getting Burnt when they least expected it at the beginning of the year. :lol:
    DoTakkjmia421
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member
    edited September 13
    Happening here on two Samsung android devices
    Samsung S4 phone
    Samsung Note 10.1 tablet

Getting burnt map brings both devices to a crawl until all the burners have been killed
    Never happened before since 02/2016 when I started playing this game
    psychwolf
  • Is it a Galaxy Note 7? People were Getting Burnt when they least expected it at the beginning of the year. :lol:

Galaxy S4 phone and Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet here
    Thepost @zbot linked to has other models people have reported
  • I'm experienced this too on my phone, but once all burning walkers died then it's normal again. It seems like the burning effect was causing the trouble.
    Shteevie said, "It works both ways; you can get a higher rarity badge than the rarity f the components that are used. This system allows all components to have some potential value to the players."
    But there is NO higher rarity when we use all legendary to craft, we are being punished for having a chance to get LOWER rarity.
    This is INJUSTICE.
    EL34xyzTJSpsychwolf