Wrestling needs to be limited - and the time is NOW

Comments

• @DLich

How about this then. If you dont think changing either wrestle trait or distance concept is fair then dont play it. Now you see how silly your statement was? Every player has a right to speak up if they dislike new content or the way the game is changing.
    PutchucoCaptainslayerBttlOpenercrambert_necKillersZKyrusJadensuzequeueMattOfEarthzeoweruskjmia421afroponix
  • I went up to mission 19 on the first "The Distance" and killing crap chatacters to advance was the strategy - I couldn't move on because I only have 30 and ran out of them.

I like the concept of "The Distance" but it wasn't as fun as I expected, and this particular tactic has a lot to do with it.

I agree with @Putchuco 's concern and I'm looking forward to better options.
    PutchucoWhereisHeathWeekOne
  • PigPig Member
    @DLich I want to clarify that for me it has nothing to do with fairness. I just think the suggestion to limit wrestler is not an over-the-top nerf and fairly reasonable. But I don't consider myself heavily invested in the issue, certainly not in any moral evaluation of fairness.

As for whether this possibility came up in planning, I doubt it. NG pretty clearly didn't expect anyone to finish The Distance, so I don't think they reasoned out that this could happen and decided they were happy with it. That's part of what I find amusing. Having encountered LLS stuff before, they didn't account for it now.

On the other hand, LLS alone wouldn't have broken The Distance without the freeman glitch. If they fix that, wrestler trait doesn't matter as much.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    MonsutaJackBauerMrsScattercushionbigbeano
  • Invader said:

Firekid said:

Agree that roster should be locked to avoid anyone else coming expect for heros if they get unlocked during the 24 hours.

This is no solution since you can collect LLS before the distance starts. And it starts twice a week ;)
    Only up to your survivor limit, so it won't work for very long. As it stands you can retire a killed LLS, get another one with a single phone call, requip, and later, rinse, repeat.
  • @DLich See @Terminates video then you'll know what the Freeman glitch was. It's not proposed by @Putchuco because he maybe didn't know how we're able to finish that map, or he's trying to stop us using wrestler to reach that map, not about to complete it.
  • DLich said:

zerosouL said:

@DLich

How about this then. If you dont think changing either wrestle trait or distance concept is fair then dont play it. Now you see how silly your statement was? Every player has a right to speak up if they dislike new content or the way the game is changing.

Every player has the right to speak up yes. Opinions are one thing.
    Putchuco said:

I know I am beating a dead horse by now, but it really makes no sense to me playing a game where 50% of the progress depends on the sole benefit of one single, overpowered trait, paired with a still existing loophole for low-lvl survivors.
    Come on, guys, we can do better and make this fun, challenging and dependent on skill again!

If 50% of the progress depends on the sole benefit of one single trait and you suggest changing that trait to not work anywhere nearly as effective as it does now then how are players supposed to play this mode beyond the first 50%? You would rather the trait be changed so it's not effective in the second half of the game mode so that nobody can get those rewards?

Is there a suggestion by you to change the second half of the game mode? Should it be made easier?

Actually balance the game correctly you know what actual games designers do instead of having the pour a bag of M&Ms over a map and thats where all the walkers are going you be approach. The maps in the distance are the poorest they have done by a long shot and the bar ain't very high to begin with since they have abandoned the story missions.

True game balance will never happen though as game design goes out the window on a F2P game as its all about making the player spend (well the few finicially irresponsible ones anyhow) the rest of us dont matter.

banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
    ... .... ..- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. / --. .-. .. -- . -.--
    acb
  • I support @Putchuco 's wrestling trait proposal as a good short term compromise solution. Locking the survivors at the start of The Distance will not work to fix the problem. This will mean players will just work around this limitation by adding more cannon fodder survivors before the start of the missions. So it might cost a few slots to do it, but that's no big deal. Players will still do it quite eagerly.

Personally, I believe that wrestling detracts from the overall game concept. I believe it should be removed completely. There is no gameplay strategy involved in a guaranteed kill of any walker with any level survivor.

That said, it's easy to understand that most players continue to want wrestling to be around in order to kill more walkers and get more rewards. However, the correct long term solution is to fix the body shot/normal shot/critical shot mechanics so players can kill more strategically within the normal game play aspects without using the wrestler exploit.

I guarantee that if this wrestling exploit does not get closed, you will have quite a number of players completing The Distance from now on. I am sure this is not what NG intended when it introduced this game mode As a side effect of this wrestler exploit, it costs NG revenue because there is very little incentive for players to level up their survivors and equipment to go further. I imagine this will cause NG to fix this exploit soon - certainly before the third quarter fiscal quarter ends. ;-)
    CaptainslayerPutchucoDLHKyrusTimboskibigbeanoFester17kjmia421
  • It is just sad that to complete the "most challenging game mode" all you have to do is get Low lvl survivors, equip them with wrestler kill the tough ones(and the therefore any challenge), die, repeat... it's boring, stupid, doesn't involve any type of skill, knowledge, strategy thinking...

I don't feel that like a huge challenging mode, most likely we are using an exploit to advance on the game that didn't see this coming... I don't know guys, if that is the way to go with the Distance, I can only call this mode, the "Fiasco Mode".

Something needs to be done, it is just dumb and makes no real sense... I don't think NG was planning on this. Neither I do
    PutchucoDBonesLoewe1968Cantrip
  • If you nerf wrestler trait you may as well get rid of the distance. Who the hell can beat lvl 40 armoured and fatties without it.

The point is to get out of this 'arms race' where we get ever-larger, nastier and more enemies to put a glass ceiling on what we can reach in challenge and Distance. It is my opinion that the huge number of walkers and the very high lvls were done on purpose, BECAUSE we are using the wrestling trait so much and almost nothing can stop us.
    None of these overpowered enemy hordes would be necessary if one trait wouldnt be so overpowered.
    Problem is now, not even those huge lvl41 monsters can stop us, because we can use a tiny lvl9 survivor with a wrestling armor and just kill them. How pointless is that?
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    apply to 'RickRollers Gym' or contact me on 'Line' Chat: Putchuco
    DBonesCantripbanzai
  • nadecir said:

If you nerf wrestler trait you may as well get rid of the distance. Who the hell can beat lvl 40 armoured and fatties without it.

The Distance is NOT designed for everyone to complete it today. It's designed so you have to build up your teams, equipment, and badges to make it further each time. Perhaps at some point in the future, after significant investment in your roster of survivors, you will have a strong enough team to make it to the end. But not the first week, for even the strongest players.

I know many of us desire immediate self-gratification of finishing everything immediately, but this game will get incredibly boring if that is the case for all aspects of the game. Enjoy it, embrace the challenge, but please make it a challenge that requires more than a simple exploit to complete immediately.
    @nadecir I couldnt agree more with you.

It cannot be in the interest of the game, the players or NG that we forego all survivor and gear upgrades, just as you said.
    We dont need no badges, no trait strategies, because the allmighty wrestling trait will do more and better.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    apply to 'RickRollers Gym' or contact me on 'Line' Chat: Putchuco
    DBonesrfg1982WeekOne
  • > @Putchuco said:

That's why there's only Freeman in the last map, which wrestler can't be use on them.
    kjmia421
  • I don't necessarily have a horse in this race because I don't have the time, patience, or money to dump into this type of strategy. That said, I agree with everything @Putchuco has said in every post in this thread. I think he's making what I would call the "purist" argument, and I am completely in his boat on this. @Putchuco said "Problem is now, not even those huge lvl41 monsters can stop us, because we can use a tiny lvl9 survivor with a wrestling armor and just kill them." This sentence says it all. It's just stupid. Yes, that is nothing more than my opinion, and yes, I agree that others who may like this "strategy" are entitled to disagree with my lowly opinion. But I don't think anyone can reasonably say that "a tiny lvl9 survivor with a wrestling armor" was intended to be able to take down "huge lvl41 monsters." My 2 cents.
    Proud Elder of guild "Carols cookies," est. 11/2015
    PutchucoWeekOne
  • GForce said:

For the record, it are no lvl41 walkers, but freeman. You can't wrestle with those.
    At least I couldn't.

Can't wait to see your vids of those battles!
    MattOfEarth
This discussion has been closed.