Wrestling needs to be limited - and the time is NOW

Comments

• Removing exploits isn't really a nerf. Along with fixing wrestler, the thing to do is improve the Distance so that it can be finished without exploits.
    CaptainslayerbladgierTechfallBill_ZRTADPaqPutchucoDBones
  • DLichDLich Member
    edited September 13
    DLich said:

5) in one of the maps I had to make it to the end. I had 1 survivor dead, 1 in a struggle but standing on the ending green zone and when I moved my last survivor to the green zone the struggling survivor and him both miraculously ran off to the next map. One minute he's struggling and the next he's on his way to live another day. That can't be intended.

What makes this one the funniest is that literally after this happened I could spend 40 gold and get him back to green then put Tara in the leader spot and charge attack my way back to perfect health.

1 round he's 1 turn away from struggling to death. The next round he's nursed back to perfect 100% health thanks to Tara potentially.

That can't be intended.

Lastly of the 5 issues above, 4 are only affected by the distance. Wrestler will effect every mode not only the distance.
    Need to find a guild? Click here
    Need some strategy? Click here
    Have a suggestion? Click here
    Having an issue? Click here
    Want to have some fun? Click here
    Looking for some pasta that's creepy? Click here
    Want to hear what I have to say about this game? Click here
    TimboskiPig
  • CantripCantrip Member
    edited September 13

I don't see the problem if you don't want to beat a game mode with the wrestler trait then DON'T!!! Why call for it to be nerfed.

If you simply want to try and beat it with your lvl 22 survivors and a few badges good luck and go ahead.

How does someone else beating a game mode affect you in any way, for the record I haven't beaten it and probably won't for a little while.

Because currently the game mode seems to only be designed to be beaten using exploits, and for as long as this is the case, it can't be beaten by any conventional strategy. So yes, obviously it affects me along with everyone else. The solution is to remove exploits and rebalance the mode accordingly, with more sensible enemy levels etc.
    Jenng said:

It's a bit of a stretch to say utilizing a trait is an exploit...... Just sayin

The classic response of people who are against fixing exploits is to insist that just because it's possible, that must mean it's working as intended. Suicide bombing with LLS has nothing to do with what the point of Wrestler was originally.
    DLich said:

So a strategy can be to kill as many walkers as you can before the respawn timer hits 0; sacrifice a survivor and then re enter the map. The walker respawn timer resets to 4 and prevents new walkers from being added. Rinse and repeat.

Wrestler trait does not affect any of these strategies. Changing wrestler won't fix these other issues.

Solution: fix that too. The fact that there are multiple problems doesn't mean you shouldn't address all of them. So yeah, basically I agree with your above point that the whole thing needs a bit of an overhaul.
    Pigjimmorrison369
  • > @Captainslayer said:
    > I don't see the problem if you don't want to beat a game mode with the wrestler trait then DON'T!!! Why call for it to be nerfed.
    > If you simply want to try and beat it with your lvl 22 survivors and a few badges good luck and go ahead.
    > How does someone else beating a game mode affect you in any way, for the record I haven't beaten it and probably won't for a little while.

How does raiding in MMORPG games affect other players? Yet devs ban players who use obviously unintentended tactics in those games or shut down the raid to all until it's fixed
  • > @bladgier said:
    > Calling wrestle an exploit is ridiculous to say the least.

Nobody is calling wrestling an exploit. They are saying using tons of low level survivors swapping wrestler gear then trashing those survivors and calling new ones is cheese and unintended
    rfg1982Pig
  • > @Techfall said:
    > > @Captainslayer said:
    > > I don't see the problem if you don't want to beat a game mode with the wrestler trait then DON'T!!! Why call for it to be nerfed.
    > > If you simply want to try and beat it with your lvl 22 survivors and a few badges good luck and go ahead.
    > > How does someone else beating a game mode affect you in any way, for the record I haven't beaten it and probably won't for a little while.
    >
    >
    > How does raiding in MMORPG games affect other players? Yet devs ban players who use obviously unintentended tactics in those games or shut down the raid to all until it's fixed

This is not a MMORPG.

> @Techfall said:
    > > @bladgier said:
    > > Calling wrestle an exploit is ridiculous to say the least.
    >
    > Nobody is calling wrestling an exploit. They are saying using tons of low level survivors swapping wrestler gear then trashing those survivors and calling new ones is cheese and unintended

The TITLE of this thread calls the wrestler trait an exploit that needs to be fixed (without coming out and saying it in those words).
    Jenngkjmia421banzai
  • DLHDLH Member
    page 2 9:10 am
    paintbeast
  • > @paintbeast said:
    > > @Techfall said:
    > > > @Captainslayer said:
    > > > I don't see the problem if you don't want to beat a game mode with the wrestler trait then DON'T!!! Why call for it to be nerfed.
    > > > If you simply want to try and beat it with your lvl 22 survivors and a few badges good luck and go ahead.
    > > > How does someone else beating a game mode affect you in any way, for the record I haven't beaten it and probably won't for a little while.
    > >
    > >
    > > How does raiding in MMORPG games affect other players? Yet devs ban players who use obviously unintentended tactics in those games or shut down the raid to all until it's fixed
    >
    > This is not a MMORPG.
    >
    > > @Techfall said:
    > > > @bladgier said:
    > > > Calling wrestle an exploit is ridiculous to say the least.
    > >
    > > Nobody is calling wrestling an exploit. They are saying using tons of low level survivors swapping wrestler gear then trashing those survivors and calling new ones is cheese and unintended
    >
    > The TITLE of this thread calls the wrestler trait an exploit that needs to be fixed (without coming out and saying it in those words).

Never said this was an MMORPG. Simply showing that in other games, whether it affects you or not, cheesy, unintended strategies are quickly patched and abusuers are often banned. It was to the point of if it doesn't affect you who cares.

If someone found a way to get legendary gear in every crate , no need to fix it right since it doesn't affect you?
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator
    Teeceezy said:

@Fearofabotplanet 's comment (here: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/259840/#Comment_259840) reflects our current stance on the issue.

And regarding tactics and the feelings of players regarding those tactics, of course we'll take our data and community feedback into account when looking at how to move forward with The Distance.

We're keen on collecting as much as we can of said community feedback, so please do share your thoughts and opinions. That being said, forum rules apply and we won't tolerate any abuse, trolling, baiting and so on. Cheers.

Re-posting this. Keep things civil and constructive.
    kjmia421
  • So reading some comments and possibles solutions
    -Do not allow the inclusion of new kamikaze from the calls. How can this be a solution, people with +50 slots already have a rosters to continue doing so and this only hurts those who have -30 slots and turn to calls to do what others are doing.
    -Remove the flee button. How is this a solution.What they will do is send 3 LLS example to a mission kill 10 walkers use wrestler in the 3 then let them die so basically it is the same as flee

Personally I don't have LLS but yesterday I came to the forum and I learned the "strategy" and decided to make some calls and play season 7 mission to find vest with wrestler I found 1 and 2 stars (you can see it in the photos) and I tried them to see if they worked and baamm worked all the time and only give 20% chance if that isn't overpowered I don't know how to call it

You may or may not agree with @Putchuco but everyone must admit that it is overpowered and this doesn't mean that I agree to balance the trait not because I don't believe it should be done but because NG doesn't have midpoint with its balances
    -They balanced the Brusiers and can't stun beyond lv25 and now is a class that few use when it could be the most used because it opens the doors to many strategies
    -Balanced dodge and now you see it from time to time and only those with 9* 10* see it often
    -They balanced the star system allowing the one who stays one level down to get more stars just by having 2 of a higher level instead of 3 maybe those who goes with 3 has such a great power difference with those who goes with 2 and that is a reason to penalize you
    -Now come with the false promise of your Survivors will be more powerful than ever, yeah is perfect but the balance of body shots and critical chance what? Now your double pink lv22 hunter doesn't kill lv26 walkers in one shot and don't let a lv25 walker touch you because not only brusied you injured you

For these reasons I wouldn't agree on a balance of wrestler trait, every balance that NG performs ends up being detrimental imo.
    jimmorrison369Pic
  • I think I kinda sorta agree with this?
    DLichbigbeanoJerryDixon
  • LgrattLgratt Member
    edited September 14
    Just lock the number of survivors and their gears at the beginning of the distance
This discussion has been closed.