The Shaman

Its no secret that the erratic semi-drunk behavior of the Shaman has made him quite useless.

It saddens me that we have lost what could be a part of a great strategy - I hardly see him used anymore.
I use them myself but gets frustrated when having deployed 5 or 6 of them that I only see one or two green crosses occasionally when the hole crew are on their last legs.

The problems in the AI are as follows:
- Bad pathing, he seems to take odd ways to get where he is going
- Apparently unable to heal any unit unless both he and the target are standing still - dont happen too often in combat
- Unable to heal other Shamans
- Staying in harms way when he should be retreating with the troops.

You really need to look into getting his AI tuned up.
These are some of the things that could be done to make him a vital part of the game again:
- Reinstate his ability to heal other Shamans
- Let him be able to heal while targets are in motion
- Let him do 'splash' heal
- Dont let him stray too far from the troops
- Make him move away if he has nothing to do and just gets shelled by towers

Lets hear some more suggestions from you folks out there
PontusBluerabie

Comments

• shadygooseshadygoose Member Posts: 45
    You hit it straigt on the nail , i agree in everything. Dev Crew please fix the shaman!
  • Raven32Raven32 Member Posts: 21
    I couldn't agree more! Great request.
  • NinnydNinnyd Member Posts: 50
    If nothing's done to fix this then this game could go south fast,
  • Desperado_DanDesperado_Dan Member Posts: 20
    I'd probably be happy if the shaman just healed on the run. Everyone is constantly moving and never get healed. Thanks for pointing it out. I was wondering why the troops werent healing.
  • JimmieRainwoodJimmieRainwood Member Posts: 22
    Agreed
    "Trust, but verify"
  • Lucky_Charles168Lucky_Charles168 Member Posts: 43
    You could let him do his dance, but I agree with what Aksel says. The Shaman isn't very useful anymore.
  • SnowDrifterSnowDrifter Member Posts: 90
    I agree - due to their ineffectiveness, I've stopped using them, and even have thrown away Notiorious Shaman to make room for other cards. Please fix!
  • JimmieRainwoodJimmieRainwood Member Posts: 22
    One of our members claims to have seen the Shaman healing the enemy. Their a joke.
    "Trust, but verify"
    Raven32
  • BluerabieBluerabie Member Posts: 15
    Excellent suggestions. The Shaman is currently just cannon fodder for me, covering my 49ers retreats.
  • TamerTamer Member Posts: 14
    Lol All of the above. My centiments exactly. it pays to read others before starting a new one :)
  • woewoe Member Posts: 66
    All are correct, the dang things are all but useless, the only reason I'm hanging onto them is in hopes of the dev team correcting this.
  • OblioOblio Member Posts: 188
    Several times I've seen shamen effectively used to support long range troops, specifically gats & mercs. Attack, retreat & heal, attack again. That way the shamen stay out of harms way and help keep the lead flying. It requires very careful use of rally flags.
  • RandyRandy Member Posts: 18
    We are all in agreement and thanks for clarifying they used to heal each other. I try to keep them away from hits but most frustrating is when a ranger fires from behind a pen all the troops run towards her - now I can stop all by clicking on the pen - but not Shaman - shuffles all the way round to get killed! Good point by Oblio though and have seen tactic employed many times
  • texfromsaigontexfromsaigon Member Posts: 198
    How about putting the legendary shaman on horseback so he can heal on the fly?
  • FragFrag Member Posts: 336
    Agreed. Shaman has been useless now for a good while. I used to have a technic where he was useful. Doesn't work anymore. Let's hope they fix him cause he is taking up valuable camp space.
  • James_WestJames_West Member Posts: 7
    Maybe a few points extra for a no injury battle. It can take a little long to keep your troops safe and might cause more use of shaman... Just sayin... Posted also this before reading this tab
  • mfjokermfjoker Member Posts: 14
    Maybe allow shaman the ability to help heal in town, ie.. the more shaman the quicker troups can heal
    Ninnyd
  • RichardRichard Member Posts: 8
    In response to a comment above: I had a shaman heal an enemy ranger during a cattle battle. I wish I was making a joke, but I'm not.
    NinnydEKW514
  • woewoe Member Posts: 66
    I stopped using shaman as they were useless, didnt even make good cannon fodder being so far behind all the time. However, they seem to be working better now, helping alot on higher lvl corrals.
  • GazzaGazza Member Posts: 95
    Thank you for confirming my observation that sharmans don't heal on the run ... will work with that and see if they perform better.
    Ninnyd
  • NinnydNinnyd Member Posts: 50
    Richard has great point let them heal in town fantastic idea
  • TamerTamer Member Posts: 14
    I like mfjoker's idea of healing in town. Might bring new purpose/usefulness to the shaman.

And Richard, are you sure it wasn't the enemie's own shaman doing the healing? Surely they deploy them too and not necessarily have to be next to their healing object just like ours.
  • EKW514EKW514 Member Posts: 47
    Tamer, I have witnessed, and been horrified watching, my shaman heal outlaws that were shooting at them! Not once, but on several occasions, so I pretty much stopped using them. If they have improved anything recently, I have yet to see any proof of that - my shaman still keeping running so fast to catch up that they slingshot past my sidekicks.

The shaman is/are broken!