Numbers of Camp Defenders?

Can anyone know how the number of camp defenders is determined in a town you are trying to attack?

Used to be I'd see 3 or 4 ... but recently I am seeing as many as 7 per camp, which seems absolutely absurd to me. How are you supposed to take down 42 defenders plus all the towers players are able to build? Worse yet, I was scouting a town today and saw 3 defenders in one camp, 4 in another ... then 7 in a third one. Went back and checked the first two camps again, and all of a sudden there were 7 defenders in each of them -- where did they come from and how did that number grow?

I've watched replays of my own town getting attacked, and I don't think I've ever seen 7 defenders in any one of my camps. How can I grow the number of defenders?

There does not seem to be any correlation with number of defenders and player level (seen varying numbers at different levels); level of camp (I've seen 4 defenders in a level 15 camp and 7 in a level 10 camp); or anything else I can think of.

Personally? I think 7 defenders in each of 5 or 6 camps is just too much. I get giving the defender some leverage, but that's just ... It really takes away one of the most dynamic and interesting parts of the game (and the only real way to get enough steel to do anything meaningful).

So that's it ... how are numbers of camp defenders determined and how can I add to my town defense numbers. And if anyone from the game development team is listening, here's me wondering why all of a sudden I am seeing 7 defenders for each camp and saying that may be a bit too much.

Answers

• EKW514EKW514 Member Posts: 47
    That's a graphics glitch, check the known bugs/issues and you'll see they're working on it. When you attack it's still limited to 3 or 4 defenders per camp, so attack away!