Boycott the next Gold Rush event

If the top 50 posses boycotted the next Gold Rush event, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't see it ever again.

What do you posse leaders say? Don't let egos get in the way of a clear message to CPW, the Gold Rush event isn't an improvement to this great game.
ToniCalamityJaneLightnin

Comments

• FragFrag Member Posts: 336
    We are in for boycotting. 420Raiderz. They messed up with doc cards. I didn't pay for them but they sure affected me anyway. And then to play two gold rush events in a row is a blatant lie. The whole posse used up their miner cards then saved up cowbells. Now we got valuable camp space used up with cards we can't use for two weeks? It's ridiculous. This game is going down hill fast...

I think all posses should be in for the simple fact of what they did for the doc cards and then not doing cattle battle after that is what was announced.
    clinttexfromsaigonLucky_Charles168CalamityJane
  • texfromsaigontexfromsaigon Member Posts: 198
    zero posted on facebook that all hang em players will sit out unless its a cattle battle. if he means it that is a great start to getting something to happen. Im talking to my posse to see if we can close ranks with the enemy (hang em lol) and sit out as well
    shondag43CalamityJane
    Internet revolution! Love it lol

But seriously! Not a dime for them this event. Let's play the free part of the game. If you say it's cattle battle then it's cattle battle.
    EKW514KellszCalamityJane
  • OblioOblio Member Posts: 188
    I got the impression that the plan was to have one event a week, alternating between Gold Rush and Cattle Battle events.

I don't expect the Dr. Waltz 'balancing' will be reversed, but I expect some major tweaking of the Gold Rush event if it is repeated in 2 weeks.
    TreverCalamityJane
  • XanthippusXanthippus Member Posts: 31
    Nothing wrong with this idea, but boycotting the diamond store would probably send an even stronger message, especially if it was a large number of high-achieving players who are regularly putting down a lot more cash than the average player.
    shondag43CalamityJane
  • TreverTrever Member Posts: 313
    I'm in for a boycott. But I don't spend money on this game but maybe. Sorry if some do and got burned for it. That's not right CPW.
    CalamityJane
    It isn't just about those who spend. Games need players to make money with in app purchases as well as advertisement. Even if a player doesn't spend these guys still need players to make a game successful. Some spend and are ok with that. And the devs needs that.

A boycott would just show them no one appreciates them changing their announcement about this week being cattle battle. Not to mention the doc cards...

If no one plays no one buys. If no one buys then no one makes money. Gotta respect the players that make this game what it is.
    texfromsaigonEKW514CalamityJane
  • TreverTrever Member Posts: 313
    Frag - your like the little old wise man. Lmao. I see what you mean. Thanks
    CalamityJane
  • GazzaGazza Member Posts: 95
    I have no real evidence but my experience is that high level players aren't the ones buying diamonds.

By the time you have 5 trains opened up, your 80 battle points and camps maxed out you have no shortage of troops, gold or goods, especially if your posse points is 100k plus, and while steel is still in short supply you only need it for troop upgrades.

When discussed in posse chat no one at the higher levels admits to buying diamonds anymore, and I recall that about 12 months ago admitting to buying diamonds labeled you as a cheat! Personally I just bought some diamonds to improve my chances of getting Rangers (one of the troops I never collected as I didn't feel I needed them ... until now!) and before that, the last time I bought diamonds was when I was trying to get from 3 trains to 5 ...

My point ... while top players and posses boycotting the next event sends a strong message it may not hit CPW where it hurts ... On the other hand it might be nice to let some other posses onto the leaderboard! lol!!
    EKW514jonCalamityJane
  • CrazyBurrisCrazyBurris Member Posts: 15
    If everyone refused to spend any gems for anything, it would send a small messege.
    If everyone refused to click on the entertainer wagon for a week, it would send a huge messege.
    CalamityJane
    I think they don't care. Or they wouldn't have released this awful update. And then turn around and do it two weeks in a row although 99.9% of messages were bashing this god awful event. Makes you wonder who makes decision there... He must be in the mist of a divorce or something and his brain isn't working right lol
    KellszCalamityJane
    @Gazza you do have a good point. But will the lower levels keep spending when they see how useless it is and they can't send trains? If they make it easy for them it'll be even more boring for us lol
    EKW514
  • GazzaGazza Member Posts: 95
    Lower level players in our posses are scrambling to increase their camps, battle points and 4 legged troops as fast as they can, as it's clear players with these resources can play gold rush and even get higher points (I did). They are the ones buying diamonds!
    CalamityJane
  • texfromsaigontexfromsaigon Member Posts: 198
    this is a much bigger outcry than when they changed PvP. And they adjusted that pretty quickly. If we boycott they will have to give us something. This game is awesome when it's good. As such, it must be a cash cow. They lose that many players all at once, what else can they do but try to get us back by fixing the game.

I say boycott!!!

EKW514CalamityJane
  • shadygooseshadygoose Member Posts: 45
    Up til now 4 top ten posses has decided to join the boycot, hope more Will join, put your posse names on the list, so the dev team can see how disapointed we are!
    KellszCalamityJane
  • clintclint Member Posts: 24
    Yes, this event was a huge fiasco. And, we were told next event was cattle battle, which it turns out, is a lie. I too save cattle battle cards and they are useless. CPW, is providing us a gaming platform that we all enjoy, and they seem to be changing it around in a way where they can increase their profits from diamond sales. If we, as customers, are not happy with what they are foisting onto us, it is prudents for us to say we dont like this, and no thank you. we can send our message by not playing. Top 50 posse's don't play it sends a loud and clear message.

Bigfoot is a bad joke and a stupid addition. Costs are outragious and it has limited usage. The amount of steel we have to use to upgrade from notorious to legendary is crazy and steel is extremely limtied. The doc cards being devalued make them worthless. The event is super boring. As I said in one of my rants, I Would rather watch paint dry. If you create something people dont like do you continue to cram it down everyone's throat and tell them too bad like it or quit, or do you man up and say oops, we missed on this one. Apparently, the is the former, rather than the latter in this case. Sad, sad, sad.
    jonCalamityJaneRoadkill
    Gazza said:

Lower level players in our posses are scrambling to increase their camps, battle points and 4 legged troops as fast as they can, as it's clear players with these resources can play gold rush and even get higher points (I did). They are the ones buying diamonds!

I think you're just making wild guesses now, as I know high level players who regularly continue to buy diamonds to buy gold packs, complete healings more quickly, and so on. Whatever the case, my point was that hitting them with decreased participation to send a message is good, but if you can also hit them on the financials spreadsheet, you may get the message through to decision-makers at the top.

Better yet, get your whole posse to not even log in at all for a week. No event participation, no posse points, no ad clicking, no diamond purchases, no logins. Probably impossible to get everyone to go along with it, but if you did the signal would be totally unambiguous.
    CalamityJane
  • KellszKellsz Member Posts: 11
    edited April 2016
    The gold rush event is boring, and it's the same rewards. Why not switch things up for gold rush events and have them cost gold and you win steel......at level 53 not much call for gold or goods, when will the developers catch up to the higher level players? Instead of making boring events lets upgrade some towers and give us something new in the fort! Let's make another way to earn steel and not just by adding a new furnace (although that will help) changing the Dr Waltz cards was a bad idea, now players have more down time and less time playing the game, don't they want us to play? Bottom line thumbs down for this upgrade........boycott on, its obviously the only way to stop the developers from ruining our game........that's right, it's OUR game......now stop messing it up!
    Go 420Raiderz
    clintAzizjester
  • xCF97xxCF97x Member Posts: 25
    I'd like a Mongo!
    CalamityJane
  • EKW514EKW514 Member Posts: 47
    Yeah, me like Mongo too!
  • CrazyBurrisCrazyBurris Member Posts: 15
    Candygram for Mongo!
    Roadkill
    As much as we'd like Mongo, we must be resigned to the fact that we are only pawns in the game of life.
    EKW514
  • KellyGreyKellyGrey Member Posts: 93
    Howdy folks! We are running two Gold Rush events because it's a new feature and we wanted to give players the chance to experience it, BUT after the first two y'all will be able to play Cattle Battles in alternation with the Gold Rush!
    bullelk