Boycott the next Gold Rush event

Comments

• texfromsaigontexfromsaigon Member Posts: 198
    You do what you say you're going to do in life. You own your mistakes. You do what you can to make things right. That is integrity. This game is not being played by kids. We are almost all older adults. You have tapped into a unique market in gaming. We are older. We have money to spend. And we are devoted to our posses and the game. Or should I say we were? You are now tapping into another unique market area. The mature player who is angry. I call bullsh*t on all the canned responses offered by CPW to date regarding the last update. I for one have had enough. I'm done. Fix the game, and you get me back. Simple. I have left my posse. I will not open card packs. I will not watch videos for cards. I will not play. You are dealing with adults. I thought we were too.
    CalamityJaneFizzyPinot
  • jonjon Member Posts: 18
    I am gonna go offline this weekend. No good
    CalamityJane
  • FragFrag Member Posts: 336
    You and many others
    CalamityJane
  • hashbrownhashbrown Member Posts: 62
    Frag, do everyone a favor and hit that delete button and don't look back. You were all to willing to praise the developers for changing the posse jumping aspect, mostly because you didn't like it. Now you are jumping all over them for (gasp) making another change in the game, only this time, you don't like this one. CPW has always mixed things up by changing card values, strengths, costs, etc., so this one should come as no surprise as well. Either put your big boy pants on and learn how to score within the parameters of the game as it is now or move on. It's a game, get over it.
    leeboyRafemaCalamityJane
  • HighlanderHighlander Member Posts: 38
    Wow tex, never knew that's why you gave us a visit. Hope you don't leave for good but I can see why many have left or intend to
    This is typical game developer mentality when they think they have a captive audience. When will they learn not to kill a good thing with greed
    texfromsaigonCalamityJane
  • Lucky_Charles168Lucky_Charles168 Member Posts: 43
    The sleeper posse 420Rz2 is this event on vacation ... just doing the thing it should be doing, being a sleeper. The strike banner is hanging! Boycotting this GR event!
  • texfromsaigontexfromsaigon Member Posts: 198

Wow tex, never knew that's why you gave us a visit. Hope you don't leave for good but I can see why many have left or intend to
    This is typical game developer mentality when they think they have a captive audience. When will they learn not to kill a good thing with greed

Yeah Highlander, that plus I really do like everyone in there! Would have liked to stay a little longer but oh well lol. You were a great big breath of fresh air when you showed up. Trever, Bart and I all agree on that! Really dig your sense of humor. Even used one of your lines (I smell a hanging). No recruiting, but if you ever leave, you'd be most welcome with us! Assuming things get put right around here. Good to see you again!
    Stop saying nice things about me. I'm trying to enhance my badass reputation lol
    CalamityJane

Yeah Highlander, that plus I really do like everyone in there! Would have liked to stay a little longer but oh well lol. You were a great big breath of fresh air when you showed up. Trever, Bart and I all agree on that! Really dig your sense of humor. Even used one of your lines (I smell a hanging). No recruiting, but if you ever leave, you'd be most welcome with us! Assuming things get put right around here. Good to see you again!
    I'd have you back in a minute mate, but others feel a bit different. I'm very happy where I am just now but cheers, you never know what's around the corner huh
    Don't go disappearing on us cowboy
    @hashbrown go drown in a cpw river. The posse hoping allowed posse to play with more then 30 players. That's why it needed to be fixed. Do all of us a favor and you press the delete button. I joined a cowboy game. Not a mining game. Im all for change. New things. But before hand fix and improve what's there. As far as your opinion goes I don't care about it. I can voice my opinion here like anyone else. Did you see just me complain about it? No. So put a cork in your dumb opinion. Did I pick on you or any other player? No. I voiced my discontent about a poorly thought event. Like many have. Your opinion is valueless. And I certainly won't delete the game for you I can assure you. Enough said
    CalamityJaneRoadkill
    I remain amazed at how dumb some people can be. You come pointing the finger at me @hashbrown when 50 other people voiced the same opinion as me. To make it sound like I'm the only one complaining makes no sense. Makes you look stupid. When you see my posts simply read over them. Simple enough? Grow up
    RafemaCalamityJanedeputynikkiRoadkill
  • James101James101 Member Posts: 297
    Agreed Frag!
  • SnowDrifterSnowDrifter Member Posts: 90
    I just was reading up on Next Games - Helsinki based, like Supercell and others, and this past year received $10 million in funding for CPW and TWD app games from some major players, including Disney.

That's pretty lofty stuff for a "startup" - with nearly 100 employees and pressure from investors to turn a profit quickly. These latest changes have the feeling of revenue boosters, no question. My guess is internally, there is likely a lot of conflict about all of this - assuming many of the "purist" game designers agree with many of the criticisms here.

But, at the end of the day, it's a business.

My biggest complaint isn't the Gold Rush event - I don't mind it and ironically it's the one thing that is less about revenue. Think about it, more posses hit 3.5 million than ever before - there were more rewards for the player. I think it was supposed to be the "smoke screen" for the other more devious, overtly revenue-driving changes like the destruction of the heal bottle cards. (IMO, everyone is complaining about the wrong thing - maybe Next Games oddly likes the focus on this, versus the heal cards, which is the real culprit.)

Regardless of where you stand, I agree strongly with the idea: if this game isn't making you happy, hit delete and move on.
    EKW514
    edited April 2016
    @Frag And I am here to voice mine as well which is this.....IT's....JUST.....A......GAME that you and a few others have complained ad nauseam about this last update. It appears the update is here to stay so why not carry through with your threat and delete the game? Either that or stop your lobbying on the forums about changing it to your liking and actually figure out how to score points in the game as it is now. What a concept....
    edited April 2016
    @hashbrown where did I ever say I was gonna delete the game? I don't like the gold rush event. But I never said to remove it. Others have. Doesn't mean they will. What I complained about is them saying it was gonna alternate but then after the event they said they would run another gold rush event. They clearly stated it was gonna be CB this week. So we all saved up cowbells. Not Mitch miners. Saying one thing doing another is never cool.

I think you have me mixed up with others. If I wanted to delete the game I would have. I have enjoyed it so far. Except since this last update. I find the gr event was rushed out a bit to quick.

As i said I am all for change. First improve what's there. In the future I suggest steering clear of pointing the finger directly at people. Voice your opinion if you like. Instead of saying frag this frag that just state what you said to me but in a general way. I am not the only one with this opinion. You could have simply said "people of you don't like the game delete it". Get my point? You singled one guy out of many.

Have I gotten under your skin @hashbrown? Get over it. It's just a forum that is just about a game lol
    CalamityJanedeputynikki

"I'm boycotting this event like many others unless you make it CB as you said. My finger is twitching on he delete button. "

Never said it , huh? I guess technically speaking, you only threatened to delete it. So go ahead! You've obviously been unhappy with this latest posse event and the fact they through us a curve ball by changing the event for this week, so why are you still here? And yes, I did single you out because you are the most opinionated about what you don't like, but the message remains the same. If you or anyone else is fed up with the last update, then leave the game! Simple.
    CalamityJanedeputynikki
  • Lucky_Charles168Lucky_Charles168 Member Posts: 43
    Will you both get out of the sandbox, stop hitting each other with your shovels, @hashbrown and @Frag. Shake hands and move on. The main opinion is that GR isn't CPW worthy at this moment and it was rushed out. And, CPW did us a promise and they didn't keep it. Have fun, join the boycot or not ... and yes, it ... is ... just ... a ... game.

EKW514
  • JnkZJnkZ Member Posts: 11
    Lol... Everyone now heated up. If dont like game anymore just delete. If want play go for it. N enjoy what u have. Simple.

No push to developer to agree with what u want. We are not progammer or owner.
    We can give idea. But up to dev to decide. Dont be like child.

Note: if u spend 100$/week maybe developer will hear u!!!! Lol
    Traceykinwai0214Fatman
  • Wingman300Wingman300 Member Posts: 222
    I have never bought a diamond. I have saved up 10k from never using them. I score over 200k every event.
  • Wingman300Wingman300 Member Posts: 222
    Frag is right, I dumped mine cards and stored cattle battle. Now I am stuck with 29 veteran cow cards and 3 veteran mine cards....
    CalamityJane
  • XanthippusXanthippus Member Posts: 31
    hashbrown said:

If you or anyone else is fed up with the last update, then leave the game! Simple.

Simple might describe your view of how the world works, I'll grant you that. Accepting the changes or leaving the game are not the only two options. There's also discussing it and waiting to see if the developers might act on any of the discussion. It's up to each person to decide how likely they think that is. If you're fed up with reading the complaints, maybe you shouldn't click on threads where the title has made the complaint very obvious (much less coming back to keep making posts in it).

• JnkZJnkZ Member Posts: 11
    Not greedy, but all games developer makes something to make u buy. Its a fact. Just wait em to respond.

For me, i not really care bout event. Just play n have fun. Play event like works... Lol.

Note i just complaint bout how can low level can compete in chase star(top50 rank)? Only in this game that i ever know... (I already vocal bout this but no respond , did i angry? Nah. Play for fun lol)

N bout heal card drastic change. (But not really annoy me too)
    Well said @Xanthippus
    edited April 2016
    So I'm the most vocal. So what. And from all that I have read about this latest update I have seen many many who have been just as vocal if not more. I don't get you @hashbrown. Move on or delete the game and give us all a break from your childish antics.

As stated above if you don't like the complaints don't read them.

My message is clear. Read only what you wanna read. Or delete the game if you can't handle people's opinion. Read all the posts about this latest update. Many have been vocal. Not just me. Grow up child. Let people express their opinions. And refrain from posting in threads you don't agree with. It's so simple.
    CalamityJane
  • TreverTrever Member Posts: 313
    So I gotta ask. Is the boycott on or off. Zero said all of the hangem high posses were boycotting and a few others jumped on board. I don't see that happening. I think all the top posses are gonna play so what was the point. I know hangem high 2 is strong for next event rumor has it. Y bother complaining. Lol
  • AzizAziz Member Posts: 67
    Boycott also for advertising video wagon .... This app makes alot of money by video show ... So if everyone boycott running advertize its will hurt devloper the game .. Evil lol
    No one she can take....
    CalamityJane
  • shadygooseshadygoose Member Posts: 45
    Heh1 , mainevent, 420Raiderz has clearly stated they are boycotting, so i assume these teams are boycotting, 420Raiderz as i am leader of will for sure. CPW should respect their players, listen to them when the updates are making a lot of people angry, tell the truth. Thats the reasons for us boycotting.