After 2 Gold Rush events ... what's the consensus?

After a less than favourable debut (putting it mildly) the Gold Rush event has had a second chance to show us her strengths ... did she impress on her second outing?

Here's what I recon ...

1. I was able to increase my personal score by more than 50%, meaning lots more trains, card draws and full banks and barns for upgrades, so my camp is stronger and I have more and stronger troops than I would have with just CB's.
2. And it was all free! No need for healing cards, no need for diamonds, no limit to what I could do ... well the only limit is time, I guess!
3. I have learnt some new techniques and strategies ... making future GR events something to look forward to ( assuming there is no "balancing" planned). While these new techniques don't seem applicable in PvP or Cattle Battles ... I'm a firm believer in the old adage: "You never learn less".
4. Others in my posse also grew in strength and confidence, and together we went from just over 1 million to 1.6 million, and from just making it onto the posse leaderboard to dead snack in the middle (position 25). We are now talking about trying to keep that position in the next CB, so we are also a more committed and cohesive, and hopefully, better team.

So ... to answer my own question ... overall ... she's a keeper!
EKW514TheLynchMob_Raider

Comments

• clintclint Member Posts: 24
    Glad you like it. I still think it stinks!
  • FragFrag Member Posts: 336
    edited April 2016
    It does stink. CB is repetitive. But gr just seems to make it even more evident.

I doubt they made an event to delete it so like it or not it seems here to stay. I just won't hard play that week that's all. No sense playing hard on something you don't enjoy. Kinda takes the fun out having fun lol
  • XanthippusXanthippus Member Posts: 31
    Gazza said:

So ... to answer my own question ... overall ... she's a keeper!

But was it fun?

I'm not finding it so at level 30, and it sounds a lot like it's just a different sort of not-that-much-fun at the high levels where the challenge becomes trivial.

• HighlanderHighlander Member Posts: 38
    I thought it was a bit boring and repetitive but a change from cattle so the developers get points for trying.
    I'm still annoyed about the healing cards and spending less time on cpw than previously and still refusing to watch their ads as my small protest
    I don't think so many would have complained if the developers hadn't told lies and cheated folk, so it's all on them to make amends, but they can barely reply with basic comments on all the posts informing them of their flawed logic so I don't hold out much hope
    On a brighter note, boom beach looks pretty good once you get stronger. Every cloud......
  • SnowDrifterSnowDrifter Member Posts: 90
    The Gold Rush is fine... It offers some variety every other week. As someone who hit 200k last event, they actually made it more challenging the second time (for those who thought it was too easy).

The real problem - and this got overshadowed by those who focused their complaints on the Gold Rush - is the destruction of the heal cards.

This is the real issue - and should not get lost. I get that Next Games needs to turn a profit, of course, but this was an extreme change - and went too far. One minute cards? Really?

The one other criticism is the repeating of the Gold Rush event - counter to what CPW said it would do. This left many players stuck saving the wrong cards. An easy solution to this would have been to have just one "master" cool down card for both events, not two. This was an example of a company hurrying it's head and not listening to its players. Do better, next time, NEXT!
    Jessie2
  • hashbrownhashbrown Member Posts: 62
    Nice summary Gaza.