Found a great game. Very similar gameplay!

Boom beach. Just started this weekend. It's really fun and just different enough to be refreshing! They have their version of posses and group play as well as individual and PvP. And I'm a good guy again fighting to defend innocent people. Not a thug stealing gold with a wookie. I'm working my way up so I can join a group. Anyone have experience and advice? Thanks to the CPW team for driving me away! Just what I needed! No more trains for this kid!
lurch

Comments

• TreverTrever Member Posts: 313
    What's your game name so I can download and find you
  • texfromsaigontexfromsaigon Member Posts: 198
    What else? Tex lol
    lurch
  • FragFrag Member Posts: 336
    I might just do the same guys. For now gonna focus on personal things I've been neglecting lol
    Totally get it frag! Once the spell is broken it's like "what was I thinking?" Lol
    lurch
  • HighlanderHighlander Member Posts: 38
    Tex Check out sword of light when you get task force, friendly bunch growing together. I started there after the changes here, no lag, never get booted off, and great fun so far with lots to grow and unlock
    I'm highlander there too by the way
    Awesome! Thanks friend will do
    Swords of light, missed an s in previous post
    Copy that lol
  • PlayingCPW4freePlayingCPW4free Member Posts: 13
    I did BoomBeach from the beginning and enjoyed it but didn't really find a groove. Deleted it a few months ago.
  • SnowDrifterSnowDrifter Member Posts: 90
    Lol! Guys, Boom Beach is SuperCell (otherwise known as "Super Sell" lol) the creators of Clash of Clans, the biggest "financial suck" app in history. Those are both games where people get addicted and spend hundreds (and even thousands) of dollars.

You think these guys are greedy, you haven't seen anything yet.

Stay away from both of those games.
  • AzizAziz Member Posts: 67
    edited April 2016
    Im playing now xbox one more than this game... If cpw fix doctors waltz cards time , i will play like old days .. Cpw ruined this game congratulations
    No one she can take....
    lurch
    Agree Aziz. So many other options out there.. And snow, I'm having fun with boom beach. Not spending a cent. And if I ever do spend, it is my hope that I get to keep what I pay for. That's the big integrity issue here. CPW took away what they sold some of us without our consent. Surely you can see the difference?
    I never experienced SuperCell decreasing the value by 70% on something that I had purchased with real money. I did experience that with Next Games and CPW.
    lurch
    You couldn't be more wrong. Supercell absolutley did "move the fence" on people who spent money. I was one of the first players of Clash - and in one of the top clans at the beginning. I recently stopped playing - and my estimate is that I spent over $1,000 on gems in three years of playing just to barely keep up. And I knew many who spent many thousands of dollars. Crazy, right? But that's what it took, believe me.

In fact, anyone with a maxed base today has potentially spent over $10,000. Whenever your base was finally "maxed" - Supercell "moved the fence back" with a new update, instantly rendering your base insufficient. That's their game, and it's worked to the tune of billions. I imagine CPW/Next would love to copy that model.

I left the game with a base that would cost months of time or over a thousand dollars to max again. Pathetic.

As for BoomBeach - I played for free for over a year - and it was fun. But then to continue, the only way was to invest money, which I did not want to do - so I quit. You will see, it will creep up on you. Enjoy now, but eventually the game will be unplayable without spending cash.

It's naive to single CPW/Next out as the "bad guy" - these are all businesses trying to make a buck.

Sorry to hear about your experience man. That really sucks! I'm not defending supercell. I know nothing about them, other than that they have not screwed me over......yet! Appreciate the heads up. I'm not likely to get burned again. Fool me once, y'know? lol. I won't try to reach elite status on any game with in app purchases. I'll just be satisfied being a little guy.
  • hashbrownhashbrown Member Posts: 62
    Boom has been around for a while and I've been on it for over a year. In fact, cpw is really a copy of boom beach. Snow is right, they suck you in by making the early levels easy, then all of a sudden, you hit a brick wall.....hard. And the money required to keep going at the pace you we're used to is ridiculous. If you have the patience, it's possible to level up, but as snow said, they keep moving the maxed out line up and up.

Enjoy the game, but be warned....
  • GazzaGazza Member Posts: 95
    SuperCell, with their two main games Clash of Clans and Boom Beach are bringing in over half a million a DAY! Clash has had over 28 million downloads and Boom Beach is in the top 50 revenue earners in the App Store. Clash is in the top 5 or 10.

My point ... CPW is small fry and doesn't even rate in the top 200 App Store earners and not even listed on the various industry websites that monitor player numbers, churn rates and revenue ... yet!

We are just the early adopters of a wannabe top player in the gaming game and we are totally expendable and cannon fodder as they work out how to make this an addictive cash machine. That's why they aren't responding to our pitiful cries ... we don't matter ... and we never will.

BTW, been playing Boom Beach for free for a few months, level 33, 215 points, name is Gazzalite, looking for a good active task force!
    PlayingCPW4free
  • clintclint Member Posts: 24
    will look at Boom Beach. cpw sure screwed this game up
    Meh, read above - Boom Beach is potentially a much bigger money suck (it just come later) and not as good a game.
  • CosmoCosmo Member Posts: 85
    I cannot find "Swords of light" are you sure that's the correct name?
    I found them. Not able to join until I grow up lol
    @SnowDrifter, like I said in my post. I didn't experience that with SC. You might have along with many others but I have not. It is not naive to think of CPW as a " bad guy", they are indeed that. I know it's a business but business can be managed to success with ethics and a true moral compass. Sure, it may be a harder road to navigate but it can be done. Having a great product makes it that much easier.
    Lmao good luck playing Clash then. I wish I could have my $1,000+ back from those crooks at Supercell. (Makes spending $10 for an occasional diamond pack here to speed up healing seem like nothing.).
    Tex, and anyone else interested, there is no requirement to join us in boom beach tf, swords of light
    I'll be along shortly amigo!
    Hahaha! Bon Voyage, amigos: prepare for far more disappointment - and EXPONENTIALLY more of a loss of money if you play that money-suck for a while. ;) You'll see that these CPW folk were far less greedy and more ethical.
    I've not spent anything yet, most of my tf doesn't.
    No big dogs but it's real fun. This game lacks imagination, lags, is repetitive to the point of boring before we even talk about the healing cards..... I'm enjoying playing pvp and certainly won't miss events but boom beach is miles above this game, and if I decide to spend a bit I feel it would be worth it but I probably won't ...
    The developers here are the epitome of greed and zero ethics after cheating people, telling untruths and generally ignoring any mention of it
  • Wingman300Wingman300 Member Posts: 222
    I have never spent a dollar on clash of clans and I have level 11 with almost everything upgraded. I have played for quite a while though.
    For anyone who's interested, It took about 10 days to work up to a high enough level in boom beach to join a task force, which is their version of a posse. There is one joint "operation" every 24 hrs. Each player participates whenever they want within that time. Takes just a few minutes. Task forces are up to 50 players. It's so much better than 4 days of repetitive tap tap tap send a train repeat. So far I am a big fan and having fun playing again! If 3 goldrush and only 1 cattle battle in a the last month has you looking for a little fun again, give it a try! I am in "swords of light" with Highlander (see above) very helpful to have a bud to help me along! Once you level up a little look us up! All can join!