New player: use of diamonds

Hi, i just started this game and i need help on diamonds. As i want to remain in the FtP zone, i'm wondering on the right use of them: is it better use them later in the game for high packs when i unlock red cards, use them for speed building or use them right away for 100 diamonds pack and/or for speed up game?
Right now i haven't unlocked any red card, if i get a 500 pack i can get them anyway or if my saloon level is too low i will not get them?

Comments

• OblioOblio Member Posts: 219
    Only cards unlocked in your saloon are available in a pack, standard, silver, gold or platinum. Same applies to train packs. So buying a platinum pack would probably be a big waste until you have upgraded your saloon a bit. I saved up for the permanent silver booster, but it was devalued in the last upgrade. Now silver packs can't give anything better then veteran.
    Astrakan
  • AstrakanAstrakan Member Posts: 2
    so it is better to stack diamonds, thank you for the help :smile:
    btw, if the silver booster has been nerfed, is it still worth unlocking it or is better to unlock the +1 draw and/or extraction?
  • EKW514EKW514 Member Posts: 47
    @Astrakan, definitely use your diamonds to get the Extra Card booster and Hand Size booster. I'm not sure what you get in a basic pack these days, since the Silver pack has been nerfed, but It's my guess that in the long run, getting the Silver pack will be worth the investment, if you're using the diamonds you accumulate as you play for free.
    Astrakan
  • SnowDrifterSnowDrifter Member Posts: 90
    "Just use them whenever you can, Pardner! When you run out, all you have to do is buy more! Yee-Hawwwwww!!!"

-CPW Management :p
    EKW514
  • OblioOblio Member Posts: 219
    I agree, definitely the hand booster & extra draw. Since I can't compare the standard to silver pack I don't know if the silver pack booster is worth it. If you can get 'veteran' cards in a standard pack, there might not be much of a benefit from the booster.
  • XanthippusXanthippus Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2016
    Whatever you do, don't blow diamonds on a complete "instant build" of a structure. Start the build with gold and goods, and then use diamonds to finish any time remaining, when you get impatient enough to do so. Buying the whole upgrade with diamonds is extremely expensive.
    Oblio