Posse competition

I've noticed that posse competition causes a lot of animosity in forum and fb chat. This is a game, we all want to do well. But can't see any reason to be hostile to others. Let's all just have fun
EKW514

Comments

• AlphaAlpha Member Posts: 45
    Developers rely on that to generate income ;)
  • GazzaGazza Member Posts: 95
    I think it's great that a posse has finally beaten Hang'em High ... my posse! What I find ironic is that to do it, two already great posses amalgamated into The Legends ... which was exactly what Hang'em High was critised for doing ... picking the top 30 players out of a bigger pool of already good players to maximise trains and points. In my mind Zero and the Hang'em High posse will always be the stuff of legends.
  • TXP_CharlieTXP_Charlie Member Posts: 237
    I agree MPH :smile:
    Yes, its a competitive game, and one can be competitive without being ugly. I wouldn't be able to play this game if I was surrounded by some of the nasty characters that has come and gone in this game but it's sadly unavoidable...
    Best one can do is to find a nice nook where people are at the same level of maturity and spirit as yourself, the game can't go sour on you then :relaxed:
    EKW514
  • FragFrag Member Posts: 336
    edited May 2016
    @Gazza how can anyone beat heh if we didn't do what they did. They were the only ones who has pools of players to choose from. So all we did was even out the playing field.

420raiderz was top 5 for months but always lost players every week cause it was too demanding. Or because a few players couldn't contribute that week. After a year of playing in a top 5 posse I wanted to see change. And that's what we did.

We never criticized heh for having a pool of players. I didn't anyway. What we did criticize is them feeding in fresh players after a few days when someone was maxed out. And then also allowing a bunch of players to come claim reward cards they didn't earn.

In either way we wanted to change things around and we did. Plus we need a second posse so some weeks we can play less hardcore or if we are not available we don't bog down a top posse. It was the next move that had to be made.
    Completely agree Frag ... and that's the way this game is going ... Only "super posses" can achieve the 3.5m target week after week .... TXP is perhaps achieving it on their own ... good luck to them ... but based on the current event ... they are all there is. What will be the next development? And ... more importantly ... are we still having fun?
    Nope. We have used double posses a little while now because so many members couldn't keep playing top lv all the time, and we still wanted to keep a connection as we grew/growing very close and having fun together so we made a 2nd posse where ppl could play in when they were busy and so on. Only thing we didn't do was to use a feeder posse before they got locked, neither did we complain that posses had more then one posse. :smile:
    We're just playing a game and trying to build a secure foundation, adapting to needs accordingly to the games liberty and limitations to continue being a top posse and of course like any other strong pose; wanting to be on top one day :wink:

But I think the point of this thread wasn't that if it's ok to use more then one posse ( It's about time that topic is put to rest imho :D ), but about being ugly between rival posses...
  • texfromsaigontexfromsaigon Member Posts: 198
    Honestly I haven't seen a lot of ugliness. Maybe I'm not reading the right threads. I think all the top posses respect each other.
    Earl_1
    Yeah in the forums it's pretty great, but I do hear stories of how it is on fb... :hushed:
    edited May 2016
    I have only good things to say about all the top posses. It's a grind to be on top. A grind I won't be doing every weekend that I can assure you of :)

As Charlie says you need two posses to have 30 available and active players
  • Wingman300Wingman300 Member Posts: 222
    It certainly is a grind.
    Epic battle.

Hats off to heh. A force to be reckon with. In the end too many of our bottom guys didn't come through. So goes life!
    Wingman300
    We had similar issues. I don't understand why our bottom 10 decided 80-100k was ok... Even with all of our power we had some really bad numbers. We had a zero..... a guy with 80k. Just disappointing as I am sure you had too.

I did over 400k :)
    Damn game sucked me back in lol. I agree with you wingman. 80-100K is barely into three pens. Not top posse worthy performance. It was a blast battling heh back and forth! Nice win! Was Charly your 0? I saw he went to you guys after we booted him, but was gone before the event ended. Now He's knocking on TxP's door. Looking forward to another big battle. Maybe in 4 weeks for me. That level of play is too much commitment for every week. Plus I hate boring goldrush. See you on the trail
  • brad001brad001 Member Posts: 6
    If you set the goal at 3.5 million then that is when the competition ends! Stop scamming everyone or it will turn to shit!
    I agree Brad. The first to 3.5 wins. End of story. Playing for 4 days like that is ridiculous. Events should be 2 days so people can enjoy the game and not be kept busy for four days. They will ruin the game eventually with events so long.

Personally that last event was enough for me. I'll play. But not at that level.
  • brad001brad001 Member Posts: 6
    Ditto Frag!
    So The Legends, who were first to 3.5 last week, were the real winners! I'll inform next games to make the appropriate change to the record books
    Not looking too good this week for Legends. Guess they are saving up for next week.
  • James101James101 Member Posts: 297
    Never know what we are up to, but be ready for when we come ;)
    I am out next week so.... We take pride though in being excellent every week.
    We enjoy spending time with family, but when we want to take you down we will
    We know you guys are falling apart, and we are just getting stronger
    edited May 2016
    Yeah it shows. I am sure you will all try hard next week. Disappointed I cannot be there to battle. Maybe let me know your schedule for the weeks you will try so I can participate.
    Hang'em has 6 posses on the leaderboard at the moment ... not looking like falling apart anytime soon!
    Wingman300
    Talking about their heavy hitters
    Well I put up 400k every time.
    Well, @MPH , it wasn't the worst result/response you could've had on your thread :D
    MPH
  • TreverTrever Member Posts: 313
    Wingman Were you always hangem or were you too gunz?
    Trevor what is your cpw name? I was TopGunz . You in Legends?
  • TreverTrever Member Posts: 313
    My game name is Trever. I was just curious y you went to heh after competing against them.